Tournament LCPL VIII - Commencement

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
im here to post a brief appeal to the terms of dcae's punishment. i do not disagree that he should be punished; i do not excuse or condone what he did. but the actual terms brought down upon him are unfairly harsh. i fear they reflect a disturbing trend towards draconian punishments.

dcae is being forbidden from playing in the next lcpl and prevented from managing in any future lcpl. we only need to look at precedent to see that is a dramatic increase in the level of punishment meted out for quitting offenses. op quit in the 2016 lcpl during i believe week three. not only was he allowed to play in the next lcpl, he was given another managerial position for as many lcpls as he wanted to sign up for in the future. you can debate the wisdom of the course of action that was taken, and certainly we need policies in place to prevent future quits from managers. but dcae is having the hammer brought down on him relative to op for sure.

everyone goes through cycles of activity on this website. no one can be active all the time -- this is a hobby, after all. while dcae certainly did not handle his conflicting desires wrt his pokemon involvement well, no one is perfect after all. and we would be wrong to ignore the contributions dcae has made to the lc community since he rejoined. he has been one of the tier's premier players, playing in a teamtour and winning the most points in the regular season circuit. he has driven discussion on multiple suspects in this tier. he comanaged admirably with me last lcpl.

with the precedent and with his previous good works in mind, i would propose a revision of his punishment. i would lower it to a next-year managerial ban. this allows him to participate if he so chooses as a common player, a position where a dip in activity is unlikely to do any damage and giving something to incentivize future participation in the community. and for future -- two years out -- managing, this incident will of course be considered in his candidacy, but it will simply be a thing to be kept in mind by hosts of the tour. if he proves himself, it seems nonsensical to have a formal ban in place preventing one of the eight best managers from getting to manage. the managerial ban for next year seems like a fair way to provide some disincentive for managerial quitting while also not unduly punishing a longtime friend for a lapse in judgement. thanks.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Ignoring that this is going from a "draconian punishment" to a "slap on the wrist", this conveniently doesn't mention what set this off: him purposefully throwing. I don't see how an appeal can legitimately be made when the appeal doesn't actually address the worst offence, nor does what him being better than average at mons have to do with tanking his team and repeatedly criticizing the hosts for his issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)