SM: trace vs Toadow
SM: Shrug vs Eternally
SM: Plas vs Jytcampbell
SM: King Leo V vs tazz
ORAS: mambo vs Kushalos
BW: fatty vs fran17
DPP: HSOWA vs Fantos13

Let's go Archens

Shambled Shellos (3) vs Activity Call Archens (5)

SM: Luthier vs robjr - can't predict against the 8-0 dude, but i expect robjr to give him a good match
SM: trace vs Toadow - both have equal records, but I think Toadow will benefit from using his own team
SM: Shrug vs Eternally - although Eternally has the better record, I think Shrug will bring some wack shit that works and win
SM: Plas vs Jytcampbell - both have similar records, I think Plas edges it on ability and will hoping to avenge his previous loss against Jyt
SM: King Leo V vs tazz - Tazz is one of the top players and is in good form
ORAS: mambo vs Kushalos - the later in the week this is played, the more it favours Clutchalos, especially if there's pressure on the match
BW: fatty vs fran17 - no idea, leaning towards Fatty winning but am predicting a Fran win to avoid predicting a 4-4
DPP: HSOWA vs Fantos13 - revenge match, plus I think Melon will retire if he's beaten by HSOWA again

Realistically a tiebreak is the most likely outcome, but that's a boring predict to make

Last edited:

taranteeeno

levi premier league of the decade
is a Community Contributor
ggs to the Archens. congrats especially to Melon on winning the whole thing. you've made it far a lot of times, but it's nice to see you win it all and I guess that's the bright side of losing this series lol.

super proud of my team, how far we made it, and proud of my first attempt at helping to manage a team so I'm gonna write some lengthy shoutouts despite losing.

fatty bro thank you for asking me to assman for you back during LCWC. this was the most fun i've had in any team tour and im happy you trusted me enough to be in this role. i feel we complemented each others' strengths and weaknesses really well and it showed since we took this team to finals.

Luthier grats on 9-0 man. its definitely awesome to at least see you hit that record. sorry we couldnt take the whole tour. you had an amazing season and i wish you the best in future tours.

Shrug glad we could get you and have a slot we can count on every week. im sure you arent super pleased with your overall performance, but you had some really sick games in there that made the whole team shout "king" or "that's 27k shrug" lol so thank you.

Plas thank you for grinding through each week despite your general disdain for the meta. i thought maybe after week 3 it might not go so well, but you really kept it together and snagged some good wins for the team. youre clearly a beast since you keep winning in random ass tiers like ubers, NU, etc, so good luck with whichever next tier you find a passion in.

trace the goat. wow you really impressed this tour. you were super flexible about the teams you could pilot and you killed it this season. i feel like we've become closer as friends too so i hope we stay in touch after this tour.. actually youre kind of forced to since we are on the same CAPTT team LOL.

HSOWA dude you did really well this season. it felt like you came into your own as we got deeper into the season. you proved to any doubters that you can hang with the best in this gen. also glad i could learn what HSOWA really stood for lmao.

King Leo V you clutched us some big wins during week 7 and semis, so dont beat yourself up over this finals game. to me, you proved that you can hang with the best and your next season will be even better.

Pamplona pamploat! you were a really awesome team presence, had some hype wins during the season, and overall im happy we got you. i hope you continue to play and improve. good luck with uni! prob the most interesting conversations i had this season was learning about what you study. hope all your hard work pays off.

mambo dude.. you were such a hilarious and helpful team presence. ill especially remember all the hilarious alts you tested on and the DPP heat that you built. glad we could get you this season. i really need to step up my ORAS support, but i hope you still enjoyed being on the shellos and i hope we stay in touch.
quick shoutouts to Serene Grace, Ampha, Holiday, Ahmad Alfatih, dcae, tcr, and zf for hanging out in the server and helping out here and there. some more than others, but your presence was appreciated regardless of how much you helped.

also grats tazz, two-time former teammate and an awesome dude. really happy to see you have an insanely good SM performance this tour.

grats to Fantos13. what an amazing first LCPL you've had. same goes to Jytmanlet and robjr. fireside gang strong.

also, apologies to KingKdot and EternalSnowman for the trade midseason. it certainly wasn't in our plan to do this at the start of the season, but i hope the both of you continue to sign up for LC team tours and i totally understand either of you not wanting to ever team with me again.
Good luck to all my friends playing in LC Open and make sure to sign up for LPL! I'll see you next LCPL! :bloblul:

Last edited:

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
GGs Shellos. Holy shit it's finally over. For the uninitiated, over the course of the last year I have managed every single LC-based team tour, made playoffs in all of them (with arguably the best teams in all of them), and somehow come up short every single time. It was starting to become a joke in LC that teams managed by me could never make it all the way. Until Now. Can't lie, it's incredibly relieving to know that the curse is gone and I finally have a win under my belt, and funnily enough it happened the one time my team was not favored to come out on top.

I'm incredibly impressed with the mentality and effort we were able to display this playoffs. Being able to close out a close series against the undisputed best team that has two of the best people in the game is one thing, but carrying that momentum into the Finals and clean sweeping the hottest team in the tour was nothing short of domination. I'm so glad we were able to prove everyone wrong who didn't even understand how we would win weeks (shoutout to Jaajgko for always believing.)

Okay, shoutouts now.

The Team

Bebo - Beboat. I'm sorry you didn't get more opportunities to actually play this season, because you seemed really motivated and ready at the start of the season. Regardless, the moral support was highly appreciated and just knowing we had such power on the sidelines was really comforting. I can't wait for you to kill it next time you decide to sign up.

Eternally - Our saving grace in SM5. You really came off the bench and completely lit everybody up when we needed it most. Your record was absolutely insane and you played some of the most ridiculous games I've seen (you vs Howl is my favorite game of the tour.) You're sick and I hope you enter more LC stuff.

Fantos13 - When you tried out preseason I knew what you could do, but I thought someone as capable as you would fall into another managers lap. Turned out I was wrong, and you absolutely fucking crushed it. Thankfully you're as capable of surviving on your own as you are, because I left you out to dry more than once and you would always come up with something and be ready. 2-0 in playoffs with the finishing game vs the Geodudes is incredible. I hope you enjoyed playing DPP this LCPL, because I'm sure every other manager is going to want you there for a while.

fran17 - I'm sorry. The only thing you said in your signup was to please not put you in BW, but when I PMed you asking if you would be okay playing a little BW in FV's place you were positive and said to run it. And you killed it. You won that vital game in the Semis and helped give us the shot we wanted in Finals and for that I'll always be grateful. 3.5k for you is a joke, I'm super glad you got the chance to prove everyone wrong.

Havens - Sorry that you didn't get your opportunity to shine, I know Tazz and I were excited to see what you could do but unfortunately we were too good. You're super nice and a Mono God and I know you'll kill it next time you get a chance.

Jytcampbell - 4th time is the charm, I'm so glad we finally got there. You been there with me through every loss, making them bearable with your bullshit, and I'm glad we got our win before people actually start to value you even close to accurately. I say that but you really did ass this tour huh LMAO you really out here going negative in LCPL, kinda pathetic bro. Shape up for LCWC, you're starting.

Kushalos - Clutchalos really showed up this tour. I know after after W1 you said you were washed but goddamn were you wrong. You're actually the ORAS GOAT and you just ran through everyone, without even knowing when you were playing sometimes. You're awesome and I hope I get the chance to scoop you up at a discount again.

Lopunny Kicks - You haven't said a word since W2, so I'm not actually sure if you know we won, or even made playoffs. But we did!

Real FV13 - I know you aren't happy with how this tour went for you, but your game W1 against dcae was one of the most important of the entire tour for our team, and it got us off to a huge start. Thank you for always supporting everyone regardless of your performance, you were awesome and I'm glad I finally got to team with you.

robjr - I'm so glad we were able to pick you up. You fucking killed it. Your game vs Star in Semis was so huge in such a close week, and you were a fantastic presence every single week. I think you might be tazz's favorite player too, he couldn't stop gassing you up. You did stellar and thanks for coming through every week to help us to the gold. Next time just don't go 0-2 vs Luthier.

tazz - Holy fuck, we did it dude. We actually got there. When we were first talking about how we wanted to make our team and you were confident that you could supply SM by yourself, I NEVER imagined you'd be able to do it to the extent that you did. What you did this LCPL is legitimately the single most impressive performance I have ever seen in any of the team tours I have been a part of. You managed to supply 4 SM slots and ORAS while still being a near guaranteed win every week. You absolutely carried the shit out of this team and always had a good outlook. We did it dude, MVP by a mile.

Toadow - The French Mastermind. I half regret not drafting a French goon along with you, but you still did incredibly regardless. You are hands down my favorite SM builder, I love everything you touch. You're one of the few people who manage to make SM interest me on a consistent basis, and I'm really glad you could show more of what you can do this tour. I can't wait to see what you can do in Snake.

Friends

Imanalt - Thank you so much for picking up the slack in DPP. I know it's bullshit that you didn't get drafted, but the help you offered us was amazing and made things so much easier for me and my lowered motivation I had during the main season. You better get drafted next tour. I won't do it, but you better.

dcae - Thank you for the insane BW team in the Semis and helping my builds during the season, you're unmatched in BW for sure. Also you got 7-1ed by me two seasons in a row.

LilyAC - Thank you so much for your help in Finals, you're one of my favorite LCers right now and I really want to be on a team with you for something in the future, you're sick.

Ninjadog13 - Thank you for being Australian. And helping during playoffs.

OP - You're so cute.

tko - Maybe one of the strongest players to ever grace the tier. Your innovation is unmatched. I helped you get a ring a couple of years ago, and I'm glad you returned the favor.

TUO - Top tier personality and BWer. Thank you for the help W1 and general moral support. Love ya.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Alright now that I have finally got a bit of time on my hands, just wanted to say a couple things rq before we close this off. first and foremost, congrats to the archens. Would say that we put up a good fight but..... nah fr tho u guys earned it. In terms of the team, I really dont know where to start. Ig it would have to start at the OG location lmao.

thank you both mad0ka and dcae for the original draft. after that entire 3 month scheme we put together, I got incredibly hype when both u guys picked me up. Sad I didn't complete the season like that but, nevertheless, thank you

Hamhamhamham ZoroDark both of u two were the most I talked to on that team and I was glad that we shared those 3 weeks together.

Shellos:

fatty my guy. u already know Im about to make that trip up. just wait for [redacts] wedding. thats about to be a bomb of a car ride

mambo powerful

taranteeeno yo I promise you its a joke. I didn't mean it.

HSOWA has nice [redact]

Plas just wait till we get on snap :p

trace nvr underestimate 6k picks bop

Pamplona ya clicking bb in front of a Foongus could be smart idk

King Leo V ya ferroseed can't switch out when theres a diglett jsyk

Shrug The beat clearly didn't go off

With all the inside jokes being put out into the public, I just want to say a few things. First of all, shameless plug to my video: please watch

I am really glad I got to play this LCPL. Ngl, this entire season, its been people constantly undermining me or telling me I wasn't good enough. And by season, im not only referring to this LCPL, but also a lot of the weeks prior to the draft and commencement. I'm really glad I got to prove my worth as a player. And for those of you who are under constant pressure for being "bad" or "too annoying to be good", keep at it. Even after success, haters will hate. So that being said, s/o to the village. s/o to the goons. s/o to everyone that gave me support. Cya in snake (fingers crossed).

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
damn sucks to end it with getting slapped in finals, but thems the ropes. i'd like to first congratulate Melon, tazz, and the rest of the archens for a great season and finals victory. you guys were super consistent throughout the season and laid pipe in the playoffs so it's definitely well deserved.

and for the shellos, my dudes its been a fun ride. teeno and I had been planning how we wanted to go about this ever since like mid lcwc, and aside from winning the whole thing, I couldn't of asked for anymore out of you guys or this experience. each and everyone of you were targeted for specific reasons and added qualities to the team that we probably couldn't of gone without and I thank you all for the effort you put in week-to-week. as for personal shoutouts...

taranteeeno - dude I cant thank you enough for all the hard work you put in this season. like I said, I knew ever since lcwc that I wanted you to manage w/ me and I was so happy about how geeked you were about it. from gathering info and devising our draft strategy to every week providing thorough af scouts, team help, and squads of your own, you truly were the cog of this team. im sure the rest of the team can agree with me that you took on more of a head manager roll than even me, and I thank you for that. I have my own style and I think it blended perfectly w/ yours, and I guess the proof is in the pudding, making it to finals and what not. fuck what luthier thinks, id spend 20k for your ass and would manage w/ you again ez.

Shrug - the real king. as i told you early on man, you were gonna be our centerpiece. i've always been a huge fan of how you played the game as well as your interesting takes on the metagame, and fuck it, life itself tbh. i firmly believe you are at the top when it comes to sm and thats why we really didnt give a shit about dropping 27k. i'd do it again in a heartbeat. although you're not the most active chat presense (niether am i), you always showed up when it counted and I could count on you to have a super favored matchup essentially every week. keep being awesome man, lc needs you.

Plas - ngl bro we almost didnt have you LOL. we thought you'd go for too much for budget, so teeno just hard put what our max was expecting to get outbid and we snagged. i'm super glad we did though, as soon as we got you you joined call to help us nail the rest of the draft and from then on you were essentially a right hand man to our managerial squad. i know your record isn't as great as you'd hoped, but you were an great chat presence and, when you're on your game, a top slot we could count on each week. my only advice to you is to not let matchups dictate how you play so much. thinking matches are "auto-losses" from preview is a such a defeatist mindset that i cant get behind, and altho i know you tried your best each week, i think sometimes you let the negativity steep in a little too much. nevertheless, i really appreciate everything you did this season and id happily snag you again.

trace - I can honestly say i didnt know what to expect from you this season. I'd teamed with you before in uupl (altho we were laughing about how i forgot LOL) and knew you were a solid player, I just didn't have a ton of info on you. Teeno was high on your talents and after planning out where we were spending money in the auction, we decided you were probably the best bang for the buck sm / oras hybrid. Of course teeno worked his butt off getting you teams most weeks, but damn did you play those teams well. we could basically give you whatever, you'd look at it once, and go out and win. it's weird to say but sometimes you play like a savant where it looks like the game just comes naturally to you, and shit am i glad we got you for such a steal. certain games could of probably been thought out a little more on your end, but man i cant even complain because you were so motivated and came to play each week.

Luthier - i know you were a late addition and slightly butthurt you only went for 6.5k, but like i told you before, you were a part of the draft plans from the get go. did you really think a team headed by me / teeno gunning for shrug didn't have you in the plans? certain things like getting plas unexpectedly, among other things, left our auction credits much lower than anticipated and unfort we couldnt get you, but damn when you popped up for 6.5 late in the draft teeno and i were kicking ourselves hard. naturally, though, when rumblings came about that you might be available mid season, teeno and i made it our mission to not fuck up twice. altho we had to make some sacrifices, i think it's clear that it paid off. I'm super proud of you dude, going 9-0 in the biggest lc tourney around is a major deal. i know how hard you've worked on the come up and it's cool to see that it's paying off. while you could sometimes ruffle some feathers, mostly mine and especially teenos lmao, we'd be dumb to think you weren't one of the most important aspects about this team.

King Leo V - LEOOOOOO. man i cant rly get the feeling outta my head of you clinching us finals berth. i went from thinking you had it locked up, to "fuck he's choking this", to elation when you brought it back. you were clutch when you needed to be and that's all we could ask for. I like the team structures you come up with, and i think if you had a tad more consistency under your belt, you'd certainly be a top player. in the end, you were a chill team bro and a wonderful pickup.

mambo - Mr. Irrelevant. I remember during auction teeno, plas, and I trying to decide what to do with our last 3k. There were some names rolled about, and initially teeno was slightly skeptical of not really knowing you, but I used my dick on the table manager powers to say once and for all we were bringing back los mambos. I'm sure everyone on the team is glad as hell we did. I've always loved talking to you bro and Ive considered you one of my closer mons buds for a while. you're just real and i've always appreciated that about you. I couldn't of expected how good of a presense you would of been though having been out of the game for a year or so, but damn you were helping everywhere. while some of your shit had to be tamed a bit or thrown in the trash, most of your ideas were really helpful. i'm pretty sure we even used one of your teams in every gen asides from bw so. keep being chill man and i hope you stick around a bit.

HSOWA - you were our #1 dpp bro from the get go. i'd grown pretty impressed with some of your dpp results in recent tours, and its sometimes hard to find people who thoroughly love dpp who won't go for top tier money, so we quickly zerod in on you. personally, you were everything i wanted in a teammate. you engaged in scouting talks every week, made sure to bounce around ideas, and were super receptive to any critiques or changes i had for your squads. i also think you played really well overall, maybe some minor misplays here and there, but i took solace in the fact that i had you in dpp every week. thanks a ton for all the work you put in.

Pamplona - PAMP. man you're fucking interesting dude. i had a good idea of your skill ceiling playing a couple times in lcuu, and teeno was also pretty high on you, so we made an effort to snag you late. I know we didn't utilize you as much as we should of, but i felt confident is putting you in whenever we had to and you delivered. building with you is a minefield because you're stuck in your ways on certain things and your process is just completely different than mine lol, but i cant lie it was fun having convos about your squads with you. you're amazing when you're in your team element and thinking through plays fully, so keep doing you and maybe run rocks on a little more teams.

KingKdot and EternalSnowman - im not sure if its disrespectful to tag you in this, but if i didn't make it clear enough before, i truly am sorry for how things played out. while i cant really apologize for the trade in its entirety because i was doing what i thought was best for the team, please know that we drafted both of you thinking you were gonna be mainstays. sling any shit you want because i probs deserve it, but honestly i felt rly shitty about it and if i didnt think it was essential (mostly because of my own woes in sm at the beginning of season) i would never of pulled the trigger. hopefully you can forgive me because id sure as hell team with you guys in any setting again.

also, thanks to anyone who joined our server during playoff run. there were a bunch of you so im not gonna go through them all, but your insight and help near the end was incredibly helpful and i appreciate you guys chipping in when you didn't have to.

thank you so much shellos fam, slugs forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)