LC RU Cup I - Finals (Round 6) [Won by EviGaro]

stufful.png

LC RU Cup - Finals (Round 6)

Well the conclusion of the the LC RU Cup is finally here, good luck to both of the finalists.

If you would like to play LC RU going forward please join the discord server so you can find the updated banlist, resources, and hear about future tournaments.
Base LC Bans:
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Moody
Moves: Baton Pass
Pokemon: Cherubi, Corsola-Galar, Cutiefly, Drifloon, Gastly, Gothita, Rufflet, Scyther, Sneasel, Swirlix, Tangela, Vulpix-Alola, Woobat

Usage Bans (based on policy found here): Abra, Amaura, Archen, Baltoy, Carvanha, Chinchou, Corphish, Cottonee, Croagunk, Cufant, Dewpider, Diglett, Diglett-Alola, Drilbur, Dwebble, Elekid, Farfetch'd-Galar, Ferroseed, Foongus, Frillish, Goldeen, Grookey, Grubbin, Helioptile, Hippopotas, Joltik, Koffing, Larvesta, Lileep, Magby, Magnemite, Mareanie, Meowth, Mienfoo, Mudbray, Munchlax, Natu, Omanyte, Onix, Pancham, Pawniard, Ponyta, Ponyta-Galar, Porygon, Pumkpaboo-Small, Sandshrew, Sandshrew-Alola, Scraggy, Scorbunny, Shellder, Shellos, Snover, Spritzee, Staryu, Stunky, Timburr, Tirtouga, Trapinch, Tyrunt, Vullaby, Vulpix, Wingull

Additional RU Bans: Slowpoke, Zorua, Zigzagoon

Resources:
Please join the server for sample teams and metagame discussion.
An update to the VR and correspondingly the sample sets will be ready for next week.

The viability rankings can be found here.
The role compendum can be found here.

Speeds with max speed invest and beneficial nature (unboosted):
19: Buneary, Meowth-Alola, Poliwag
18: Anorith, Dreepy, Feebas, Magikarp, Minccino, Salandit, Wimpod
17: Arrokuda, Charmander, Combee, Electrike, Espurr, Litten, Purrloin, Remoraid, Sandile, Skorupi, Smoochum, Sobble, Tentacool, Treecko, Trubbish, Tympole
16: Axew, Barboach, Budew, Bunnelby Eevee, Fletchling, Growlithe, Horsea, Kabuto, Karrablast, Lillipup, Mime Jr., Noibat, Pichu, Psyduck, Riolu, Rockruff, Rookidee, Venipede, Wailmer, Zigzagoon-Galar, Zubat
15: Bagon, Binacle, Blipbug, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, Chewtle, Clauncher, Darumaka, Darumaka-Galar, Dratini, Hoothoot, Impidimp, Inkay, Jangmo-o, Krabby, Mantyke, Nickit, Nidoran-M, Pidove, Pumpkaboo, Pumpkaboo-Large, Shinx, Silicobra, Sinistea, Sizzlipede, Snorunt, Squirtle, Stufful, Swablu, Swinub, Torchic, Vanilite, Wooloo
14: Cosmog, Cubchoo, Cubone, Deino, Exeggcute, Fomantis, Gible, Golett, Goomy, Hatenna, Larvitar, Machop, Meowth-Galar, Milcery, Mudkip, Nidoran-F, Nincada, Phantump, Popplio, Pumpkaboo-Super, Ralts, Rowlet, Toxel, Tyrogue
13: Aron, Beldum, Bergmite, Bounsweet, Bronzor, Clobbopus, Duskull, Elgyem, Happiny, Honedge, Klink, Lickitung, Lotad, Munna, Oddish, Petilil, Rhyhorn, Rolycoly, Seedot, Shelmet, Skrelp, Skwovet, Spheal, Whismur, Wynaut, Yamask, Yamask-Galar, Yamper
12: Applin, Azurill, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Litwick, Morelull, Roggenrola, Sandygast, Slowpoke-Galar, Snom, Solosis, Togepi, Wooper
11: Bonsly, Gossifleur

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Format: Gen 8 LC with additional bans listed in the spoiler above.
  • Bringing a Pokemon not legal for LC RU will result in a forfeit of that match, please double check your teams.
  • Best of three, single elimination
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Standard battle clauses
  • Replays are required! Please post the replays in the post which states that you've won.

Matchups:
EviGaro  vs  risi

Message me on discord if you have any questions: megatyler30#6446.
Deadline August 22th at 11:59PM GMT-5

Last edited:
Huge congrats to both Evigaro and Risi on incredible runs! And a big thank you to everyone who has participated in the tournament, it's been such a thrill seeing this tier played by so many.

But now, it is time...bring the trophy home where it belongs Risi.

BRONZORS!
bronzor.png

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
won, ggs

So uh that was not a great way to end it but, grats to all the players and especially those who made it so far, as risi did. Like most of you I felt the pain of having no real way of validating a team and being terrified of a dq by virtue of putting the wrong Pumpkaboo on the team.

But biggest thank you to megatyler30 cause I will be honest, when I saw the signup thread from someone with so few posts and a Blitzle avatar I wasn't entirely sure this wasn't a troll but I was like frick it let's try this ru I guess. And well, not only it wasn't lol but from a tier leader that finds so many aspects of it truly exhausting at times, your dedication to LC RU and making it something cohesive for people to play in and enjoy is admirable and I truly wish your work is gonna be more rewarded.

Thank you everyone for participating in LC RU Cup! Also big thanks to Vileman for approving it and helping me run this!

EviGaro Congrats on being LC RU Cup's first ever winner! You will be given a discord role for it shortly. Yes those were some crazy games but it happens and obviously you getting all the way to finals means both you and risi should be very proud of yourselves!

Re validating, I wish it could just be included as a challengable tier but until that day you will always have the banlist in the server as well as the showdown side server my friend is running which has a working validator function.

Well, I'm glad you decided to give it a try nonetheless, honestly seeing all the people playing the tier is rewarding in itself. When I took over as tier leader, it was so hard to find a match so it is truly wonderful to see all the progress that the tier has made. I can't thank everyone enough. Ultimately, for me, knowing people are interested in the tier I enjoy dearly is enough for me. Thank you for your wish, I truly hope so too.

(PS I'd had this avatar since the beginning and don't even remember setting it, perhaps I should change it.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)