LC Cast June 17th 5 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Little Cup is hosting an LC Cast on June 17th at 5 PM EST. Post here for questions you want addressed in the cast. Please join us live at the time!

Panelists:

me (your overload)
macle
prem
Vader
iss

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • thoughts on freeing yanma and banning speed boost
  • is returning to a metagame without misdreavus and murkrow a possibility
  • is a centralised static metagame a good metagame
  • what will happen at the start of gen 6
  • why did em make the terrible decision of making blara lc leader
  • does prem even play lc

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to hear about:

1.) The impact of browns on the userbase

2.) What would go down if Rotom was freed from its unjust bonds of slavery

3.) What steps is blara making to ensure XY lc is heavily influenced by DPP's status of being the best generation of babbymons and like 34928433289% better than bw

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
for vader:

-blue team meetup when
-when are you getting rid of blarajan and resuming your rightful duties as HIGH_lord_vadre

for the panel:

-do any of you still actually play LC? idts
-why isn't champion_gk on this panel since he actually won the LC tournament
-when is LC going to be in SPL so someone can pay emma 27k and have him go 1-8, only beating blara
-of all the fighting-types in LC, which one(s) do you use the most and why

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Why is blarajan so indian and does he have an indian accent

2. Why is he overloading us

3. What are your plans for Gen VI

4. What's wrong with BW2, and how can we fix that

5. What is the potential of future side-tiers such as LC UU and LC Ubers

6. Speed boost, as well as other potential unbans with the start of Gen VI

7. What are some ways we can check OP Pokemon

8. Why is iss shit?????

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
What is your opinions on LC UU?

How do you feel new releases will affect LC metagame come XY?

Thoughts on freeing yanma and banning speed boost?

tehy

Banned deucer.
Hey blarajan i have a very very important question to ask you and it is:

congrats

Also what's your favorite riolu set and whyy

if you weren't on a deadline basically because of XY would speed boost be getting tested? I.E. how much of that not happening is that XY is coming soon? (Is it at all? At this point I forget)

Speculation Questions

1. Do you think XY will bring back the hyperoffensive metagame presented in DPP or will a more [lame] balanced/defensive one take the reins because of Eviolite?

2. Will the addition of the Fairy type do anything to shake up the metagame?

3. Will Vulpix, Gligar, Meditite, or Carvanha stage a return? And will Scyther, Tangela, Sneasel, or Yanma be freed? What about Berry Juice? Will Eviolite be banned [worst item to ever exist EVER]?

[Actual Questions]

4. What Pokemon do you find to be the BEST Pokemon in the current metagame? NO COPOUT ANSWERS.

5. What user do you find to be the BEST Trainer in the current metagame? NO COPOUT ANSWERS.

[Stupid Questions]

6. Who put this council together? No one even plays LC [well]

7. Who is your favorite LC Pokemon, and why is it Drilbur?

8. Who is your favorite LC player, and why is it NOT prem?

Thats cool

1. Your thoughts on eviolite and how its effected this meta
  2. Should pomeg glitch moves be banned?
  3. Predictions on how will the fairy type change LC as we know it.
  4. And whats your guy's fav LC poke?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How much does iss suck?

LCPL predictions?

Questions about the current metagame:

How do you make a strong team that isn't so generic? i.e. isn't something similar to: Snover/Chinchou/Murkrow/Missy/Mienfoo/Drilbur or Sand

What defines an 'anti-metagame' Pokemon and what are the best anti-metagame Pokemon right now? Snover doesn't count. I see it as just meta rather than anti-meta these days.

What does it take to make a successful Sand team that isn't at a serious disadvantage if the opponent has Snover?

EDIT: also, top 5 LCers at this moment in time.

misdreavus and murkrow appear as the top 2 pokes around with meinfoo as a very close third and detestably even with the two. after not much playing of LC it was very apparent that these pokemon define the metagame and were used way too often. What are the chances of any of these pokes receiving a trip up to LC ubers? and what are the chances of LC UU where its just those pokes and a few more banned?

oh and im also wondering why prem is on the panel?

This is a bit bigger than LC. but what are thoughts on weather next gen? im guessing either the weather wars come back with all tiers or weather is banned from all tiers, that is the way i see gen6 tiers.

Berry juice seems like it needs the ban. im fine with a suspect of it. Although a rise in berry juice would decrease eviolite would be interesting to the metagame

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This was a cute yet manly smogcast. It was nice to see some new faces, but blarajan was a VERY MEAN host D:<<<<

I personally find the major obstacle for players to get into Little Cup are the EVs. Thankfully, you guys have an EV guidehttp://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_lc_guide_update#evdistribution, but it's still weird to have unused EVs. I know there are certain EV spreads that use up all 508 points, but I forget - mind if you guys remind me? Is there any particular way you guys EV?

Also Speed Boost is not a complex ban smh -_-;; I'm with prem here - if Yanma and Carvannha were banned because of Speed Boost, then I'd rather have the ability banned. There is no harm done, since there are no other Speed Boost users in LC, and 1 ban is better than 2 bans in my book. If a simple ability ban can potentially allow 2 more Pokemon into LC, I see no reason not to increase the diversity of LC.

That said, I did like blara's policy in re-testing everything in XY, unbanning all but Scyther, Sneasel, and Tangela. I am surprised that Gligar wasn't included in the list of Pokemon to remain banned, especially now that Eviolite / Acrobatics is available. Is Gligar far inferior to the aforementioned three? Regardless, kudos for giving it another chance :)

Thanks for doing this cast guys - it was a fun listen.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol EVing actually isn't that tough- it really only takes me 5 min max to sit down with a stat calculator (you can go ghetto and use PS's damage calculator, Honkalculator, like I do) and then just do guess and check. I myself never bothered memorizing EVs, and really it's a waste of time. Just start by plugging in 252+ Evs for the stat you want the highest number in, chip off EVs until you've got the least amount necessary for that max stat, and then vice versa for the rest of the stats, in decreasing order of importance.

Or, you can just steal EVs off of Smogon sets :P

Also, nice work cast people, I have yet to watch the whole thing, and can't wait to meet the "guest star appearance" heh

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
eving is just moving sliders around until you get something you like lol.

anyway gligar is not NEAARLY as broken as scyther and sneasel ever will be. im actually gonna try to convince blara to let tangela be unbanned if we ban drought because tangela seems possible to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)