SV OU Ladder Dreams!!!

IMG_0039.jpeg

(Drawing: Me)

Once upon a time I had a dream to become great one day. As I stared into the starry night there was a star. A wishing star…….

“Star light, Star bright, I wish upon….”-Me and then the star ended up being a meteoroid that blew me up.

Anyways, I want to become good at ladder. So I made a team that I’ve only lost once with so far, granted I’m still in very low ladder, like 1200….

(2023@ All nicknames are copyrighted by Anchor9. No copying. All Rights Reserved)
:sv/samurott-hisui:

Sir Seal (Samurott-Hisui) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Cutter
- Sacred Sword

With the ban of old Gliscor(R.I.P.) Samurott-H is probably the best Spike-setter in OU. Choice Scarf allows Samurott to quickly lay down spikes and revenge-kill if needed. Ceaseless Edge lays down the Spikes and damages the opponent too. Flip Turn to pivot. Aqua Cutter is STAB. Sacred Sword is general coverage. The Tera doesn’t matter too much, since I haven’t used it, but Ghost spin-blocks I guess.

:sv/gholdengo:

Fries (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Bulky Gholdengo that can completely wall variants of Tusk with balloon intact, non-Shadow Claw-Night Slash Sneasler, and Blissey. Gholdengo blocks hazard-removal with Good as Gold. With Air Balloon, Gholdengo can usually set-up Nasty Plot without too many threats. Make It Rain and Shadow Ball are STAB. Recover is recovery. Tera Water is useful, but I don’t know about it.

:sv/great tusk:

An Elephant (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 Def / 172 HP / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Great Tusk is a defensive pivot that has some decent offensive power. Ev spread is because I don’t know what I’m doing. I guess a physical wall with investments in Atk and Spe that I hope is useful. Ice Spinner for mons like Landorus-T, Dragonite, Dragapult, and Enamorus. Rapid Spin clears hazards. Body Press is STAB that benefits from the Def investments. E-quake is other STAB.

:sv/clefable:

Wish (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Kinda weird I named Clefable Wish without Wish, but that’s an element of surprise there. Even nicknames are a sub-game of mind games. Stealth Rock is there for more hazard-stack. Moonlight for recovery and Moonblast is STAB. Calm Mind to become a Special threat. Magic Guard allows Clefable to become a Stall-breaker and saves me from using Boots. I also don’t think Calm Mind is crazy useful on Clefable since I don’t keep her in too long usually and Manaphy is my setup stacker. Maybe Thunder Wave instead to spread some Status?

:sv/Dragonite:

Dragon Tales (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

Extreme Killer Dragonite. Not much speed investment because Extreme Speed will make speed not matter. The high HP investment with Multiscale means it’s about impossible to OHKO Dragonite so guaranteed Dragon Dance. Earthquake is coverage. Roost allows me to get off more Dragon Dances on a more passive Pokémon. Tera Normal makes Extreme Speed more dangerous. Probably should put Boots over Lefties though.

:sv/manaphy:

But I’m Adorable! (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
- Acid Armor
- Take Heart
- Stored Power
- Scald

Manaphy is an insane late-game win-con, destroys Stall, and is adorable(although my drawing kinda murders the Pokémon). Simple Acid-Heart set with Stored Power. I use Acid Armor or Take Heart depending on whether I’m up against a Physical or Special Attacker. Stored Power and Tera-Psychic wrecks everything with a couple Take Hearts. Scald is STAB that is useful to spread some Burns.

Well, that’s the team. How is it? I must push ladder.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! I'll rate your team.

Big Changes:

Swap :Manaphy: for :Heatran:. We are going for a more balanced style, and swapping Manaphy for Heatran patches up this team's weakness to Faires as well as another check to Rillaboom. Running the standard SpD set, with enough speed to outspeed Adamant Kingambit. And because we already have Rocks on Great-Tusk, we can slot Wisp over Rocks to stop physical attackers. Tera Grass to resist Water and Fire.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Make :gholdengo: more bulky. As a Spinblocker, you want it to be able to take as many hits as possible if the opponent does get the prediction right. The set I provided gives Gholdengo as much bulk as possible with 248 Hp evs, and 164 Def evs with a Bold nature, but enought SpA to OHKO Ninetales-Alola under Aurora Veil. 28 Speed for slow Great Tusk. Tera Flying for a ground immunity.
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 68 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Make :Clefable: SpD + Wish. Because none of your walls have consistent recovery outside of Leftovers, Wish Support brings alot to your team, keeping your walls healthy. SpD helps check things that Heatran struggles with, like Mixed Iron-Valiant. Tera Water to resist Steel. You can run Unaware to stop setup sweepers, but then you have a harder Garganacl matchup.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off

Small Changes:

Your :great-tusk: spread is all over the place, I would suggest using a pretty standard one. Tera Grass for a backup Rillaboom answer.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 244 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Add 20 Speed to your :Dragonite:. Take the Evs from HP. This is just to outspeed Kingambit. Also, swap Roost for Ice Spinner for more coverage, removing Rillaboom's terrain. Roost is not needed because Clefable now has Wish Support to maintain Dnite's Multiscale.

Swap Tera Ghost on :Samurott-Hisui: for Tera Water. Because you are scarf, you want to be able to outspeed and kill Tera Water boosts Aqua Cutter and Flip Turn damage.

I'll leave a paste here, there where alot of changes listed. https://pokepast.es/9aafadb6ee852267

Thats all! Hope it helps. Go get em! :boi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)