SS UU Lacking something...

so... i was building this team not so long ago, but i dont feel it, the damage output is too low sometimes i just get walled and thats it, idk what to change

:rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog

This one is my lead, discouraging people to click random earthquakes, and as bonus changing itens with trick, this surprises anyone, taking out precious leftovers or lifeorbs , he is also a much needed defoger on my team, since i don have in any hazard mons , he also checks ammongus,scizor,aegislash,jirachi celesteela all dangerous bulking steel types in UU. I put some investment in hp for more bulk, and the speed is for doing trick before other mon, the Spa is just more raw force to overheat and VS

:Kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Outrage
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Oh man, this is the slice and ride sweepy on my team, in any wall switch i simply got a free CS , after many test and error i realize overcoat realy mess with amongus anoying spore, and with good natural bulk i felt free to dump all in attack and speed, Lo for more damage, poison jab for fairys and bulky grass such as tangrowht, stab drain punch for sustain and stab outrage for damage purposes....

:tangrowth:
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Amnesia
- Knock Off

My needed physical wall, regen for nice recovery on any switch , sleep powder for shuting down dragon dancers and their firends, amnesia to more bulkiness , giga drain for sustain, knock off for taking out HDB or Rocky helmets, tangrowth main issue for me is being walled by Amoonguss every single match, idk what to replace him, still having the type sync with my special wall milotic

:milotic:
Milotic @ Flame Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Flip Turn

Marvel scaler milotic feels so good to change, water resists all tangrowth weakness such as ice or fire , and besides is a good hazer, capable of switching in and still recovering and then flip turn to put a mon to handle, scald is for a rare burn on the opponent, i prefer to put all in Def and Spdef because he literaly becomes a mixed tank when flame orb activates, capable of reciving an incoming earthquake and still using recover

:Rhyperior:
Rhyperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

This is a bit tricky as u now must be thinking "Why??" , i know i know, this at least in low ladder and in my matches surprises eveyone, luring then to think he is walled or a tank, when he delivers a big EdgeQuake in their faces, his max speed with scarf is 298 in case u r curious, ice punch for other dragons and big grass walls , superpower for opposing steel types and dark types

:Rapidash-Galar:
Rapidash-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Healing Wish
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt

the only bad part of this pokemon is that pastel veil only works on doubles, but is still a nice check to any poison type such as Amoonguss and all dragon and dark types such as Kommo-o, salamence and Krokodile, he gets walled hard by scizor aegislash and other strong steels, but can do the job very well, with a late game healing wish to put back either rhyperior or kommo-o in to battle, he can reach 340 speed in this set, with amazing 450 attack and 2 big stabs

besides i talked so much about my team, i still dk why he falls so much for other teams, could be bad mispredictions of mine but , i dont feel the damage output, the ohkos, i want to improve it, i think it has some little potential

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Yo Subnapps, this looks like a fun Bulky Offense, and I think with some changes you can make it more consistent and not struggle with some things mentioned in your RMT i.e. lack of power. The team is also rather vulnerable to Poison-types and a few setup sweepers given the speed control is Scarf Rotom-H. I imagine you started this build during June, as Scizor is no longer in the tier and thus is not a concern in the builder (was mentioned in your descriptions). While there is decent typing synergy here, sets like Choice Scarf Rhyperior and Flame Orb Milotic are difficult to justify when their standard sets work so well. I hope you consider these changes and have fun in UU post shifts.

Major Changes

:tangrowth: -> :zarude:
Zarude-Dada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn
- Taunt / Jungle Healing
Zarude is much more offensive than Tangrowth and able to keep momentum with U-turn. Taunt allows Zarude to prevent Pokemon like Dragon Dance Salamence from steamrolling if Rhyperior has been worn down, but the standard Jungle Healing gives Zarude more sustainability. The natural speed Zarude has will help against foes like Nihilego as well. Having an additional Psychic-type answer is nice too.

:milotic: -> :tentacruel:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 104 SpD / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
Milotic has been struggling for a while now, and post shifts have not been great for it either. With Rain so potent currently, Tentacruel makes for a superior glue mon. Rain Dish is extremely helpful in this matchup and can provide Toxic Spikes to heavily annoy variants without Amoonguss, and generally be a pest for bulkier teams as well. Its mixed defenses are solid and it can provide Rapid Spin support, freeing up a move slot on Rotom-H. While Tentacruel does not have the luxury of Recover like Milotic does, not being worn down by Flame Orb and not being set up fodder for Primarina is huge.

:rapidash-galar: -> :gardevoir:
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish
Unfortunately, Gardevoir is just better than Rapidash-Galar. It has superior coverage and Trace is able to assist in the Rain matchup. Trace also makes Gardevoir a funny Thundurus-Therian switch-in and puts less pressure on Rhyperior. Healing Wish support is kept so you can still play more recklessly with Kommo-o, or just have a way to bounce back in general. I greatly prefer Psyshock to destroy Nihilego, but the extra damage Psychic has against Amoonguss is great.

Minor Changes
:rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
Rotom-H with Choice Scarf has not been very great ever since Slowking rose to OU imo. Nasty Plot and Pain Split is a very annoying combination for Stall teams. The given EVs give Rotom-H the bulk to consistently check Jirachi and Moltres while underspeeding opposing Rotom-H for a slower Volt Switch.

:kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof / Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
Kommo-o with Swords Dance is more consistent than using Soul, especially when you're already being worn down by Life Orb recoil. Scale Shot can be annoying with hits sometimes but is more worthwhile post-Scizor, given that the defense drop consequences are not as high with no Bullet Punch. Drain Punch gives Kommo-o more staying power so you are not compelled to drop Life Orb and give up power. Earthquake is great for smacking Galarian Slowbro, Tentacruel before it can Haze, and Jirachi.

:rhyperior:
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 4 Def / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
Rhyperior is best as defensive support, rather than a Choice Scarf lure. Rhyperior's natural attack is not wasted here though, as it can fit Swords Dance in its final move slot. This is great for pressuring Amoonguss in particular. Having Leftovers recovery gives Rhyperior enough staying power to be a reliable answer to Salamence.

https://pokepast.es/19e3b5585cb1bd32
You can probably run Choice Scarf Zarude and Heavy Duty Boots Gardevoir, but that would likely require much more careful preservation of Rhyperior / Rotom-H, making the given route safer imo. Between Zarude and double Swords Dance, I think you will be able to put up offensive pressure much more easily. You may want to consider adding a Steel-type like Celesteela over Rotom-Heat to make the Nihilego and Hatterene matchup more comfortable, but I think this version is still a fair improvement. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)