SV DOU Krookadile Sweep team Doubles OU

This is my Moxie boost team. it mainly focuses on Krookadile's Moxie ability, and to make Krookadile a monster, you sacrifice your own pokemon to boost its attack stat. all of the pokemon help Krookadile one way or more.

1701304733927.png
Anger Boi (Krookodile) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ghost / Steel / Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

he hated boss who beats you down, and beats you down, and never lets up... Yeah. Big Krookadile is here! He is the only true sweeper, so it's important to keep him alive. His only use is to use Earthquake and Moxie boost, so choice band is an obvious choice. Its main weakness is Pokemon that don't die turn one. U only need to tera if there is a Fighting, Fairy, or any Pokemon with fake out or u-turn.

1701304777478.png
John Mayer (Sandy Shocks) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt

Gravity is working against me And gravity wants to bring me down. Sandy Shocks is used to setup gravity, and then die. if it lives due to other reasons, it still has a good special attack to do decent damage.
1701304803827.png
Birbo (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Theres no reference or pun for Talonflame. It has Gale Wings which (usually) guarantees tailwind goes up. if it is still at full health, then you can use your +1 priority Flying attack, or Flare Blitz. If not, then just will-o-wisp an opponent or switch.

1701304835502.png

Focus Sash? (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def
- Taunt
- Thunder Punch
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off

No Focus Sash insert Megamind face? Tyranitars main use is to override the opponents weather. Sandstorm also does chip damage, so it breaks focus sashes.
1701304854810.png
Girmm (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Reflect

The boogey man himself. Grimmsnarl's use is to parting shot into Tyranitar or another pokemon. it can also Taunt to stop status moves and tailwinds. reflect is used to lower the damage of Fighting, Bug, and other physical moves.
1701304877641.png
Nuh-uh (Chien-Pao) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Spinner
- Swords Dance

Chien-Pao's use is to gurantee good damage on pokemon with Unaware or just really bulky pokemon.

Attachments

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
The team has quite a few problems, especially the fact that so many of Krookodile's own teammates are weak to Ground, and that definitely doesn't synergizes well with a potential EQ sweep. Also, the strategy is kinda all around the place, and there are way too many mons that are trying too hard to enable the sweep for Krookodile (which is already a very niche pick). So instead of forcing the strategy so much, I'd go for some pretty big changes to maximize the natural flow of the team.

Big changes

:talonflame: ---> :tornadus:

Let's start by swapping Talonflame with Tornadus. The strategy is pretty much the same, but you trade the ability to spread Burns with a much more durable and reliable mon, this way you'll be able to set Tailwind multiple times while still keeping the priority thanks to Prankster. Torn is also much better as an overall Utility mon, with useful moves such as Bleakwind Storm for further Speed control and priority Taunt to stop annoying foes.

:sv/tornadus:
Tornadus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Bleakwind Storm
- Taunt
- Protect

This EV spread allows Torn to be pretty bulky while still being able to threaten and potentially finish off the opponent's mons with its STAB Bleakwind Storm. Tera Steel is an overall good defensive typing, which helps Torn to stick around as the main glue of the team, and in particular it gets rid of Torn's Ice, Rock and Electric weaknesses. This way you won't have to fear potential Rock Slides, Icy Winds and even Ice Shards coming your way. Sitrus Berry is a good item which once again helps Tornadus to stick around on the field.

---​

:sandy-shocks: ---> :landorus-therian:

Swap Sandy Shocks with Landorus-T. While the Gravity strategy might be pretty cool, you'd likely end up sacking both Sandy Shocks and Talonflame just to allow Krook to spam EQ, which is pretty bad. Instead, Lando-T offers immense utility with Intimidate, and thanks to U-turn you can pivot into your Krookodile or any other mon much more safely.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 164 HP / 52 Atk / 68 Def / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide
- Tera Blast
- U-turn

I once again opted for a bulky Utility variant for this mon, with AV to extend Lando's durability on the field alongside Intimidate, and a pretty standard bulky EV spread. Stomping Tantrum and Rock Slide are both useful moves to reliably deal damage to your opponent, and the latter in particular has a chance to flinch your foe's mons when you pair it with Tailwind. As I said earlier, U-turn allows Lando to pivot into your other offensive threats, while Tera Blast with Tera Flying can potentially threaten the likes of Amoonguss and Rillaboom, picking important KOs.

---
:grimmsnarl: ---> :ogerpon:

You don't really need Grimmsnarl, since Lando-T pretty much encompasses most of its utility in the first place with Intimidate, while Tornadus already provides you with Taunt. Thanks to those mons you have now a free slot, and I've decided to go for Ogerpon since it really works well with the rest of team.

:sv/ogerpon:
Ogerpon (F) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Grass
Adamant Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech
- Follow Me
- Spiky Shield

Follow Me is an incredibly useful move that can save Ogerpon's partners when needed, while Horn Leech allows it to recover some health as it deals damage to your opponent, extending its durability on the field. Ivy Cudgel on the other hand abuses Scope Lens' crit boost, making Ogerpon hit surprisingly hard most of the time. It can even potentially sweep with Tera Grass to further increase its damage output and its secondary ability to boost its Speed.

---
:tyranitar: ---> :chi-yu:

This isn't really a replacement but rather a complete change to a mon that really offers no benefit to the team at all. While the Weather control might be nice, it's really not worth a whole slot in your team. Tyranitar already competes way too much with Krookodile and Grimmsnarl in your original team, and with the changes above it also ends up competing with Landorus-T. It offers no value to your strategy, and you'd be better off with an additional offensive threat. Chi-Yu is one of the most powerful offensive threats in the meta, and in this case it takes the role of Krookodile's Special counterpart. With Tailwind to outspeed your opponent and its immense damage output, you have a solid choice in your hands to spread damage, weaken your foe and break through its walls.

:sv/chi-yu:
Chi-Yu @ Life Orb
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

This is a standard offensive set, so not much to explain here. Tera Ghost is useful to avoid a potential Mach Punch or Fake Out, while Life Orb further enhances your offensive capabilities.

Small changes

:sv/krookodile:

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

I've made some small but essential changes: a Banded set is much more threatening with Tailwind, and that extra power really helps out in breaking potential checks. Also, you shouldn't be running Stealth Rock on a Choiced set; not only is it not that important, but you also risk locking your own mon on a useless move. Rock Slide is a much more useful move that can hit Flying-types while also having the chance to flinch your opponent with Tailwind. Tera Ground allows Krook to get rid of its Fighting and Fairy weaknesses, while also making its Earthquake hit incredibly hard.

---
:sv/chien-pao:
Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Sword
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Chien Pao synergizes very well on this team, as it provides a good priority move in Sucker Punch and offers great offensive pressure without necessarily needing to set up or run a Life Orb. With Tailwind, you can opt for an Adamant set to hit even harder (since Sucker Punch allows you to potentially pick KOs anyways), and Icicle Crash can more effectivily try to flinch the opposing mons. I find Expert Belt quite unnecessary, and Focus Sash is a pretty standard item for this mon to survive hits and Revenge-Kill foes. Similarly to Chi-Yu, Tera Ghost allows you to shrug off potential Mach Punches or Fake Outs. Then again, this is just my take for the team. If you really want to, you can try to run your SD set to potentially sweep your opponent (in which case I strongly recommend you to keep the Focus Sash as an item though).

That's pretty much it, I hope I helped somehow :)
Here's the link for the team: https://pokepast.es/2b997ee2744ef8c8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)