Komala Discussion

On a side note, it gets Calm Mind with only Round and Hidden Power to utilize it with (maybe it could get Hyper Voice in a future game?).

And on another note, the fact that they didn't introduce a physically defensive version of Assault Vest is pretty damn insulting IMO. That would've been perfect on this thing.

Wait, that's that? IT DOESN'T GET REST? Well that's a missed opportunity, especially if you gave it Sleep Talk and Snore *sigh*. Well not only does it get Thrash but Rapid Spin so you can choose a powerful STAB or one that's more meant for utility. Well Normal-type so it has a lot of coverage: Rollout (+ Defense Curl), Sucker Punch, Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Brick Break, Acrobatics, Shadow Claw, Payback, Rock Slide, and U-turn (also a utility). Speaking or utility we pretty much covered them all: Rapid Spin, U-turn, and Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up; there's also Yawn. Egg Moves offers Play Rough and Sing (and Wish though its HP is on the low side).

Despite its heavy hitting, I can't really see Komala making much waves aside as a Rapid Spinner. Had it gotten Rest/Sleep Talk/Snore then maybe it could have had something, but alas.
From what I under stand its always alseep? If its always asleep I don't think it could ever rest anyways. Sleep talk would be pretty redundant since you can already use whatever move while asleep.

Its a wishpasser that won't be crippled by status ever, which is nice. usually if you get burned as a wishpasser then using protect really hurts. not that its wishes will be large, but it will sustain itself. it also gets rapid spin and u-turn to pivot (and hopefully knock off in the future???), good enough special defense to be your scald switchin, and is obviously a good status absorber in general. that is a huge role compression right there

How does sleep talk work with this thing? I see that it can learn sleep talk and not rest, so Id imagine you just use sleep talk and because of the ability it always picks a random move? If thats the case you could use z-sleep talk for the crit bonus boost and then it will randomly pick one of your other 3 moves to use as a damaging z-move with increased crit chance. Pretty gimmicky but maybe fun.

Doesn't the Ability let it use Moves normally while asleep? Sleep Talk is pointless, it only learns it for flavor reasons..

Would a Sleep Talk/Choice Scarf combo work? Still not exactly sure on what its ability does.
Doesn't the Ability let it use Moves normally while asleep? Sleep Talk is pointless, it only learns it for flavor reasons..

Actually, while I cant confirm this, logic would dictate that Sleep Talk could potentially be used with Choice Scarf or Choice Band to gain the buffs they provide while still having access (albeit random access) to all of your moves and not being locked in. Choice Band Sleep Talk would choose another of his moves for increased damage but it'd likely change every turn. I'm not sure what Komala could outspeed with Max Speed Jolly and a choice scarf...

Actually, while I cant confirm this, logic would dictate that Sleep Talk could potentially be used with Choice Scarf or Choice Band to gain the buffs they provide while still having access (albeit random access) to all of your moves and not being locked in. Choice Band Sleep Talk would choose another of his moves for increased damage but it'd likely change every turn. I'm not sure what Komala could outspeed with Max Speed Jolly and a choice scarf...
I think this might be a viable setup for Komala, albeit a bit random, would still be able to hit fairly hard with Choice Banded Return/Play Rough/Would Hammer or something. Don't know whether you'd be better off not giving it Sleep Talk (still keeping the Choice item), and just switch when stuck... Still very much like the Sleep Talk idea though, just came up with that as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)