ORAS UU Killing Them Slowly

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Thanks to rozes for the art!

Shoutouts Hogg for helping me come up with the sick name!​

Introduction

Been a long while since I've made an RMT, so I guess it's time! I made this team immediately after the Klefki suspect test began and fortunately it was able to stick around after the test as well. The concept behind it is to simply get as many hazards up as possible while also threatening the opponent with a fair amount of offensive pressure. The team has been functioning nothing short of expected and has seen a good amount of success throughout the ladder as well as tournaments.

Teambuilding Process

Klefki was what the team was built around. It was being suspected at the time and had quite an effect on the meta. One style of play that it definitely opened up more was Hazard Stack, and that's exactly how this team plays.

Obviously I needed Stealth Rock and Pert seemed to be the most solid choice. Additionally, it gave the team an Electric immunity, Fire resist, a check to MAero, and so on.

Tenta was a perfect fit to finish off the Hazard Stack part of the team. It gave the team a TSpike user, while also being able to absorb any TSpikes the opponent lays on my side of the field with its Poison typing. Rapid Spin is a no brainer on this team and Tenta is arguably the best spinner in the tier at the moment.

At this point, I switched my focus to ways to pressure my opponent offensively. Though, I didn't completely ignore defensive utility either. I chose MAero as my mega for a more reliable way of pressuring offensive teams. I also wanted another answer to MBee so that I didn't have to completely rely on Klefki to deal with it. At first, I was running a standard 4 Attacks Pursuit variant, but eventually I decided that Hone Claws was more beneficial for this team, as well as what was best against the current meta in general.

Every team needs a way to deal with bulky waters and Celebi was my pick for that role. Celebi was also very important for me so that I have something to absorb status since I have no Heal Bell or Aromatherapy user on this team. It provided me with another win condition on top of MAero. More importantly, it gave me something to heavily pressure fat teams with.

Conkeldurr was my pick for the last slot for several reasons. I knew that I needed a wallbreaker so that I could immediately put pressure on the opponent. I also wanted something more against Stall teams, since completely relying on a standard Celebi set would be unwise. CB Conk pressures stall very well since it is so insanely difficult to switch into safely. I wanted a fighting type on this team since I was seeming very vulnerable to Snorlax. A priority user was also very helpful since I was lacking one, and so Conk was a perfect fit.

The Team

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise
The focal point of the team. Klefki tends to get Spikes up with ease thanks to Prankster. It's also able to cripple HO teams quite easily thanks to Thunder Wave. Unfortunately, Klefki tends to have trouble against just about every hazard remover in the tier. Dazzling Gleam was its attack of choice so that at the very least, it can pressure Sableye. Magnet Rise is pretty self-explanatory, but it allows Klefki to have a much easier time against Ground-types, as well as what could otherwise be huge threats such as Haxorus! The EV spread and nature are just make a standard specially defensive set.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Swampert offers a ton of role compression and contributes to the theme of the team in hazard stack thanks to Stealth Rock. Not to mention that just about any competitive team needs Stealth Rock anyway. The resistance to Fire types (especially Entei), immunity to Volt Switch, and defensive utility against major threats such as MAero also make Swampert a very crucial member of the team. The moveset and EV spread are as standard as it gets, giving you a typical defensive Swampert.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
Tenta perfectly finishes off the hazards core with Toxic Spikes while also giving me a mandatory Spinner and a grounded Poison-type. I chose to go with an Offensive variant to ease the matchup against threats such as Krookodile and Mamoswine. The moveset is just Stabs + Spin + Tspikes. I didn't feel the need for coverage and TSpikes was mandatory anyway. The EV spread and nature just make Tenta as fast and strong as possible.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Crunch
Aero was a crucial addition towards the team's speed control. I already had prankster TWave from Klefki, but that wasn't enough seeing as the team ended up very slow bar Aero. I originally had Pursuit and EQ instead of Hone Claws and Crunch, but I figured that Hone Claws made a lot more sense in this meta and gave me a wincon, and that I needed Crunch in order to not struggle as much against Psychic types like Cress. The EV spread and nature are just the standard.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
Celebi is the mandatory check to Bulky Waters as well as an additional wincon. It's able to pressure defensive teams quite well, while also still doing well against other playstyles. I chose Dazzling Gleam over anything else as the coverage move because I wanted some additional help against Hydrei as well as some more pressure against Sableye, which is quite threatening against this team. The moveset and spread as a whole are just for standard NP Celebi.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch
Conk gives the team a wallbreaker to apply immediate pressure against the opponent. It's almost never useless against any playstyle, but was put onto the team for its more noticeable effect against stall teams. Priority was also a nice addition, and there's nothing better than Conk's CB + Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch, which is even stronger than Entei's ESpeed. The moveset is standard, with Poison Jab being the coverage of choice so that Conk can even pressure the Fairy-types that are commonly switched into it. The EV spread allows Conk to hit as hard and fast as possible.

Conclusion

I hope whoever uses this team has as much fun with it as I do. I also hope you all enjoy your Christmas and New Years. Happy Holidays!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Crunch

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Sableye is one of the biggest threats to this team, as I don't have anything that can directly take it out with ease. My status absorber is Celebi which can be troublesome, and it's able to prevent tenta from spinning. However, it's definitely manageable. Between hazard damange, getting status on it with either tspikes or a scald burn, Knocking it off (and even bluffing Guts Conk), and DGleam Celebi, you'll be able to take it out over time.

+
/
/

Opposing Klefki + any spinblocker can also be a pain! With how easily Klefki can get up Spikes, if you're not able to get rid of them with tenta, you're vulnerable to being worn down at a fair pace. The best way to take care of this is just to play wisely from the beginning to limit the amount of hazards your opponent can get up, as well as to take out the spinblocker as soon as possible. TSpikes help with the likes of Sableye and Jellicent. Doublade isn't the best switch into Tenta to begin with, so Hydro Pump on the switch can be huge.

CB Krook can be really difficult to switch into, but the team has more than a fair amount of counterplay to it. Between CB + Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch, fast Tenta, Pert, Celebi, and to some degree Klef, you'll be able to play around it just fine.

/

Bulky psychics can be an issue with my psychic resists being Klefki and Celebi. The former can only TWave them, while the latter loses 1v1 most of the time if they get any amount of Calm Minds up ahead of time. I originally had Shadow Ball on Celebi over Dazzling Gleam to deal with them better, but I found DGleam more important since Sableye was a bigger issue. For cress, you're still able to handle it fairly well by getting a scald burn on it or phazing it out with Pert and Knocking it off with Conkeldurr (perhaps even TWaving it first to guarantee being able to outspeed it). Since Cress is pretty commonly switched into Aero, you can also set up an HC as it comes in and then 2HKO it with Crunch (guaranteed if you get a burn on it first). Reuni can be dealt with between Conk's Knock Off and Aero's Crunch as well.

/

Opposing Conk can also pose an issue, what a surprise!! This thing is a monster. I also don't have the best fighting resists, especially since neither of them have any investment into bulk, which means that opposing CB Conk can have some fun. Of course, BU Conk can also do some work. You'll be able to deal with it between Celebi, Aero, your own Conk, and even Klefki. Cobalion can also be an issue, especially since I got rid of EQ on Aero, though they tend to carry Shuca anyway. Pert and Tenta can both take a hit even from +2 Coba, Klef can para it, Aero can outspeed it regardless, and Conk has Mach Punch. If it lacks X-Scissor, Celebi can also take a hit and do some damage back. However, it's still threatening and you may have to sac something in order to put it in range of something else.

Escav can be yet another huge threat, since just about nothing wants to neither switch into it nor take an unboosted hit necessarily. Fortunately, CB Conk has a really good chance at being able to take it out from full. If it's already weakened a bit, it also can't come in on +1 MAero.

Last edited:
Hello Manipulative, i have seen your team and i really like it. I like the way you use the hazards combined with strong wallbreakers and a cleaner. But, i have seen some weaknesses to your team. The most threatening weakness is the weakness to fighting types, when they come out, they do a lot of damages to your team. I would like to give you some advices they will help to cover the weaknesses of your team :

- The first change would like to suggest you is CB Entei > Conkeldur. It covers your weakness to Sableye, Escavalier and Doublade, give another fairy resist as well as another way to beat Beedrill with E-Speed. It also 2HKOes Reuniclus with Sacred Fire and has a chance to 2HKO Cresselia with Flare Blitz after rocks. It also pairs well with Celebi because its switch-ins are generally bulky waters and grounds and Celebi can setup on them.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

- The second change i would like to suggest is Gligar > Tentacruel because, as i said higher, your team is seriously lacking of a fighting resist. It is also able to pivot with U-turn, giving you free switches to your other pokemons. For the moves, we use the stab Earthquake, U-turn, as i said, to pivot, Roost for recovery and the mandatory Stealth Rocks for the hazards stacking. Knock Off is an option over U-turn for Psychic types and to remove the opposing pokemons' items. Acrobatics is a fun option to beat fighting types with Knock Off like Conkeldurr and Heracross, but, once again, you lose the momentum.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn/Knock Off/Acrobatics
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

- The third and last change i would like to suggest you is Suicune > Swampert because it has more bulk than Swampert, and because you already have something to setup rocks. It is also a better check to Mamoswine and Krookodile. We use the Roar CM set because it can phaze and is an effective win condition but you can give up Calm Mind for Sleep Talk if you want to attack even when it's sleeping.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Calm Mind/Sleep Talk

Another alternative is to run Sylveon over Klefki which gives your team a cleric but you lose the hazard stacking, so, it isn't mandatory.

If you can give me your opinion about my rate, that would be great for me.
Good luck for your team and happy holidays ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)