Kart Blaceph Balance

Hello! I have never tried team building before and I wanted to give it a go and see how I could do it. This is what I came up with, and I would love some suggestions because I know there are improvements to be made!

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Trick

Great love in my heart for this thing. No offensive team that doesn't have Scarf Kartana can survive this thing, and neither does any team you have even mildly widdled down from the rest of the team. Taunt and Trick is for people who try and get cheeky with you and helps give it a fun surprising lead role against suicide leads/trick room setters/etc. Otherwise, it's the standard set to wreck house quick and easy

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

The main breaker of the team is to switch in on just about anyone you need and get rid of them. Choice Band is used over Life Orb because while I like the physical sweep potential that Life Orb gets, I find the break potential from the Band a lot better. Especially with Blissey Wish, makes it easy to come in and out over and over to break if you get low.

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Love Blissey and how broken Wish support with it is, making the team almost unkillable if you play patiently while also allowing for the team to recover from status if you find yourself so unlucky. I know it's a sickening sight to some, but this thing really is hard to beat when you play your cards right. Blacephelon and Kartana really appreciate the wish support from this thing

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Needed Toxic/Defog for this team, and while I considered putting Corv here, I both didn't like all the steel that was shining and also didn't really love any playthrough tests I did with him. Again a fairly typical Lando set, U-Turn is super helpful for this team, and again Wish support from Blissey really helps the easy chip this thing normally takes.

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Teleport
- Ice Beam

Needed a nice physical tank/Teleport user, and Future Sight is really really appreciated by the likes of Kartana and Blacephelon for more breaking power. Ice Beam is to kill dragons reliably, as are the special attacking EVs. With the regenerator and Wish, I didn't feel like Slack Off was super necessary here.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
Needed a Stealth Rock setter and water resistance. Even with Slowbro, this team is pretty weak to rain teams, so I definitely wanted to put someone in that can resist that. Also a good hazard setter/physical tank for things Slowbro can't stomach.

Team Copy: https://pokepast.es/1582bc2d202264e0

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm worried that not having Slack Off on Slowbro risks making the team weak to Urshifu over time, especially against offensive Shifu teams that won't give up those opportunities for Blissey to fire off Wishes. I agree that Slowbro needs Ice Beam on this team for Chomp tho so I would consider dropping Scald. I also think Ferro should have a secondary attack, possibly over Spikes since Kartana appreciates Stealth Rock more. Lele and Pult walk right through the current set so Gyro Ball would be a good option to keep them at bay. Great work, I really like this team!

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
rillaboom is a very troublesome pokemon for this team to deal with. with the more common bulky sd rillaboom that has been circulating, it can really annoy this team with very minimal effort as blacephalon dies from full to +2 glide and kart cannot ohko it and just gets +2 drain punched. it completely abuses blissey and ferrothorn as setup fodder as well so its incredibly difficult to deal with it. blissey also does not really fit here as it can tend to be a momentum block when trying to get blace/kart in to break some holes.

before getting into my own suggestions i do agree that ferrothorn needs gyro ball but i don't think you need to replace spikes, removing body press works fine here since bisharp is becoming incredibly uncommon and other ferrothorns are easily dealt with via slowbro + kart/blace.

:blissey: -> :tornadus-therian: my only suggestion is replacing blissey with tornt. it gives you a much needed sd rillaboom answer while also providing a blanket switchin for something like urshifu as sometimes going slowbro on a uturn can open up many holes, especially since this team has no ghost resist. the utility blissey provided was not really that important as bulky offensive teams like this don't typically need a cleric and do not want their momentum to be sapped by something like this often.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
[/hide[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)