Kaiju Bunny's Art Den

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Heya peeps, I return with my sporadic updates (*・ω・)ノ

~~Sona Art~~

I'm glad I've scrambled up some free time to make art of my sona every so often c: Hoping to keep up the trend throughout this year as well~!

~~Commissions~~

Someone had commissioned me over Discord to make a pfp with their sona, so voila !

~~Fanart~~
Corazon Doodle.jpg

I have only known this man for like... Less than a day and I already wish the best for him :psytear: Best friend requested this lil doodle, so wanted to sketch 'im up rq

I promise I'll work on Pokemon art soon lol x'd
Until then, take care, frens !

Kaiju Bunny

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Back at it again with the sporadic updates  ̄(; ω ;)b

~~Pokemon Art~~

Just a funky lil fella that was a Secret Santa gift for LifeisDANK! Tangela has received a new pair of shoes; they're wondering if you like them too!

My friend sparked my curiosity with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky since I had only played Exporers of Time, and I gotta say: I absolutely adore this game. I wanted to sum up my thoughts on the pc and her partner in crime, lol. Might end up doodling more characters too if I have the time during work ! Friend suggested I turn it into one of those "which one are you?" deals n.n

and this was a piece I made for Social Media as a Special Defense Prompt! Can't say I'm big on the regi trio, but I had fun going out of my comfort zone with regice's generally static composition !

~~Furry Art~~

Coworkers and I were doing a sort of Secret Santa thingy for our own, and I made some fanart of one of my coworkers' sonas as a gift! Ngl, it's super nice when someone you make art for uses it as a pfp  ̄(; ω ;)b

And this was a YCH commission for a friend on Discord! Vernal Equinox Day is fast approaching, so I wanted to not only celebrate early, but also spread the holiday cheer!

Speaking of which... If you're also interested in the YCH, I have info about it right here!!

~~Fanart~~

Like a responsible manager, instead of paying attention to an hour long google meeting at work, I pretended to take notes but was doodling two frens instead, wheeeee ~

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
blipping back into existence to share more arts (*・ω・)ノ

Wonder what she's listening to...

And this was a piece I squeezed out in like... a day or two. Mega Mawile has such a sick design

I don't really have an explanation for this one, but I felt the need to start working on it. In the meantime, consider this a sneak peek of the next piece I want to make lol

Until next time~!​

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
Back with another art update !

Not too recently got a concussion at work and it felt appropriate to doodle this lmao

This was a banner I actually made for Smeargle's Recently Re-Introduced Professor Smeargle Thread! Feel free to check it out!

Commishy made for hyruleEnigma!
[insert obligatory Shadow Wizard Money Gang reference here]

Aaaand another commission for a friend on Discord! Just a smol bun who liek her tea

Until next time, frens (*・ω・)ノ

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader

Oh, hey, by the way...

If y'all know me well enough, One Piece has essentially taken over my life now, and I made the mistake of letting my friends get me into the TCG recently :')

In my quest for deckbuilding, there's one particular card I've had my eye on for about a month now...
Sadly (but understandably), this card is stupid expensive because it is, in fact, very rare.

To help cover the fund, I'm here to offer a gentle reminder that my commissions are always open! I'd love to be able to work with folks to reach this goal and, in the process, make you some wonderful art! c:
of course, there's also absolutely no pressure here, but I figured it'd be fun to advertise comms again for those interested!

~ Here's My Commission Info! ~
aaand
~ Here's My Ko-fi Page! ~

Very big thank you to those who decide to commission me!
Do take care now!
(*・ω・)ノ

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
Haha.... Wow this thread was left dusty for a while, oops (ㆆ ᴗ ㆆ)
Time for a semi-monthly art dump

~~Collection of Rabbits~~
1705856874507.png

This was a piece a mate on Discord Commissioned me for featuring his sona!

1705857028844.png

Aaand this was my Halloween / Spooky pfp featuring my own sona! :]

1705857063700.png

Current pfp for Valentine's Season!
Fun fact: In Japan, they celebrate Valentine's Day a little differently compared to most folks. On Valentine's Day in Japan, one partner in the relationship gives gifts and chocolates to their partner. The receiving partner then returns the favor a month later, known as White Day! Now you know!

~~Pokemon Art~~
1705857821595.png

This was the banner I made for this past year's Secret Santa Event! Feel free to check out all the wonderful gifts of art in the main thread!

1705857974740.png

And this was the art I made for the
SV AAA Suspect Coverage: Annihilape article! Funky lil rage monkey

Hopefully I can be better about making art more frequently lul
Until next time, frens!! (*・ω・)ノ

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
They.png

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1,000th Post~! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wowee, 1,000 posts already, huh ヽ ̄ (*・ω・)ノ

..°° Intro °°..
Hullo! For those who don't know, my name is Kaiju Bunny! (aka Kai, KB, Bunny, etc.). I'm a demigirl artist from New England who happens to have a generic set of hobbies :wo:
To list em off:

Video Games
Who woulda thunk someone with a Smogon account would be a gamer. My taste in video games has obviously changed over time, but I def enjoy Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, VRChat, Mega Man, and lately, I've been absolutely hooked on Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Baldur's Gate 3. While I don't have as much time lately to play video games due to work, you can definitely expect me to dump literal hours into gaming on one of my days off. I'm definitely not a shut-in.

Cooking / Baking
When I'm not gaming, I'm normally baking or cooking for either myself, my family, or my coworkers. I've made stuff such as Valentine's Day Chocolate Cake, Christmas Cupcakes, Custard Pudding, Sakura Lattes, and most recently, Nama Chocolate! Though I don't have good enough images of em, I've also made Onigiri, Curry, Fried Rice, and Manju Buns! When the season comes, I def wanna make Hanami Dango next.

Anime / Manga
My obsession with One Piece is not normal.

Joking aside, It's been one hell of a journey since I first got into One Piece two and a half years ago. Now being completely caught up in the anime and the manga, I almost feel lost on where to go from here not gonna lie LOL. I know I'll realistically start another series, I just don't know what. I'm thinking I'm wanting to read Dorohedoro next though, so if anyone's read/watched that and you think I should read it next, do lemme know :eyes:

Art
This obviously won't come as a surprise, but I'm constantly doodling, whether it be something serious or something dumb, making art is naturally relaxing and fun to me, so I normally do it to destress. I sometimes even find myself doodling while at work, especially during business meetings, so you can tell I'm super professional and putting my priorities straight :^)

With hobbies aside, I am also an older face around Smogon (seriously, I feel old, please help). I joined early 2017 after Showdown moderation swapped from Skype to the Forums (and soon after, Discord). I saw Smogon had an art section, and the rest is history c:

..°° Why I got into Art °°..
I've been doodling since as long as I can remember, my first real spark occurred when I was in 3rd grade, when I started by doodling bad comics with even worse 3rd grade humor. It went on from there where I drew fan comics involving my PMD EoT adventures, fan comics loosely resembling Naruto plotlines, and making a shit ton of Fakemon. My drive to make art kinda died down once I hit Middle School mostly because by then, I got frustrated with myself that I couldn't do digital art and it was everywhere and I felt like my traditional art was never up to snuff anyway. It wasn't until my early years in College that I got another spark once I discovered I could do digital art on my phone, instead of using a tablet or a computer.

That's right! I do all of my digital art on my phone! With my finger!
:quagchamppogsire:

My process is needlessly complicated where I start with a traditional sketch and then I transfer it over to my art program and go from there.
Now in my ripe old age, I'm normally making a lot of Pokemon art or, yes, furry art. I'm not going to go into a whole thing about making furry art because it's got one hell of a stigma surrounding it, but one of my favorite things to doodle are actually anthro characters because they're just cooler than humans, I dunno.

..°° Future Art Plans °°..
I don't see myself stopping in art any time soon. On the contrary, I hope to have a lot more time for it and even use an actual Art Tablet at some point (I currently own an XP-Pen Artist 12 Tablet, but no matter what I do, it doesn't wanna work with my PC, feelasbadman. If anyone owns one, please tell me how to set it up because I'm basically a middle aged mom with technology and don't know wtf I'm doing). Besides that, another major thing I'd like to do is spend more time making art for the site. A few years ago, I used to be able to mock up numerous pieces a day, but at the same time, I also didn't have a job, so admittedly I had a shit ton of free time. Be that as it may, it genuinely feels nice making art for the site, so I'd love to be able to contribute more to that in the near future. For more smaller projects, I'd like to really work my social media pages. I currently have an X (Twitter) account, DeviantArt account, Ko-fi account, and most recently, a Bluesky and a Tumblr account. It's almost a little overwhelming, lol. I'd like to just have a focus on maybe Ko-fi, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. With that in mind, I think it'd be fun to host giveaways or YCHs for certain events in the near future, whether it be here or Ko-fi c:

..°° Shoutouts °°..
This is the part where I get to properly thank the peeps who helped me become who I am as a person both on and offsite :heart:

LifeisDANK
Been absolutely obsessed with your art ever since I first saw it in THP, ngl. Your passion for art definitely inspired me to put more focus on my own art. Even today, you've shown me that even goofy pieces can be stellar, so I'd like to genuinely thank you for that. I used to be hella timid of bigger communities like Smeargle, so even being able to go to you with any questions I had back then helped in making me feel at home within the community. It's the small things, but I never forgot!

Felucia
You and I have that friendship where no matter how long we go without talking, when we reach out again, it's like we just talked a few minutes ago
 ̄(´ ω `) ̄ From silly convos to the more personal ones, there hasn't been one time where I didn't feel thankful that we've kept the friendship up despite everything happening around us, lol (also more Felu art when)

Kiwi

Still remember seeing your art for the first time and then being hella impressed with how quickly you improved in such a short amount of time. You're also an inspiration for me to make more OCs tbh, which I've really gotta get on. No matter what anyone may say, know that your art is genuinely an inspiration, mate. (Also, where are you in One Piece? :eyes:)

ausma
You're someone else who's given me so much inspiration to make character art. I've seen firsthand the dedication you put into your OCs and it honestly makes me wanna see more and see how you develop your world for em :o Would love to see more of your stuff, and, even if you don't think it's much, I'm more than thankful for the help you've provided behind the scenes with either smeargle or other assorted forums stuffs. Keep in touch!

Lumari
You do so much for the site, I genuinely don't know how you do it sometimes. When I first started work with TFP, I had this issue of fearing I'd somehow mess everything up. Through it all though, you've shown a lot of patience no matter the scenario, so I'd like to thank you for that, lol. It's also always a pleasure to see you working on art behind the scenes! Just remember, if ever you have any questions or want some tips, my DMs are always open for ya, keep up the good work! :D

Band
Another person who works hella hard for TFP :sphearical:

I see you and a few others complimenting artists in their threads, and I just wanted to say: even if it may seem small, even the smallest comment can make someone's day or even week. Because of this, I know you make a lot of artists happy, including myself, so thank you for that n.n

kay
Alright, well, I know for fact you won't see this, but I don't care, you're getting a shoutout here as well, loser :^D

You're so ride or die and I 100% vibe with that. Whether it's my highest highs or my lowest lows, you've been around to be there with me for it. Thank you for putting up with me after all these years, lmao. I promise I'll play Borderlands 2 at some point, you just need to keep bugging me because my memory is actual dogshit.

Smeargle's Studio Staff
We may be a small team, but you folks are some of the easiest peeps to work and get along with. Looking back at what Smeargle's Studio once was and seeing what it is now is like night and day, not gonna lie. It def wouldn't be like it is now if it weren't for the help of you guys, lol. I have no doubt that Smeargle's Studio will continue to grow with a wonderful userbase because of y'all :heart:

Commissioners
For those who have been kind and generous enough to commission anyone, not just me, please know you are a leading factor in making Smeargle's a more encouraging and uplifting place for artists. Please believe me when I say that you're likely going to make an artist very happy for the next couple of weeks if or when you send 'em a DM expressing interest in buying some of their art. Even the smallest donation will brighten an artist's day c: Of course, I naturally get excited when I receive anything like that, so of course I'm going to thank anyone who commissions myself or any other artist on this site
 ̄(ノ´ з `)ノ

..°° Outro °°..
Wow, I'm terrible at concluding stuff. Regardless, all I can really say is that it's been fun being a part of the forums all this time. Here's to more memories to be made along the way  ̄(´꒳`) ̄♡
If you managed to read this whole thing without a single break, I thoroughly applaud you. I'm so happy I managed to join this lovely little community. Thank you all again! Until next time! :^​

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Hey, could I request two things? And congrats on 1k posts!

1. A Solgaleo and Lunala back to back, both facing to each side. They should be mostly expressionless. This would be for avatar

2. A smiling Zeraora with a cloak (like the Hylian Hood from Legend of Zelda) holding an electrified claw up (like hand with claws out, I mean), looking at you

If these are too complex, you’ll only do one, or anything else, it’s fine! Please and thank you!

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
Hey, could I request two things? And congrats on 1k posts!

1. A Solgaleo and Lunala back to back, both facing to each side. They should be mostly expressionless. This would be for avatar

2. A smiling Zeraora with a cloak (like the Hylian Hood from Legend of Zelda) holding an electrified claw up (like hand with claws out, I mean), looking at you

If these are too complex, you’ll only do one, or anything else, it’s fine! Please and thank you!
Heya friend! At this time, I am unfortunately not open to free requests. However, if you'd like to commission me, my info can be found under the "Commission Me!" area under my Smogon sig :heart: Cheers!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
GZ on 1k posts, Kaiju! Pretty cool milestone, welcome to the club of people who joined the site like 5+ years ago and just got 1k lol
Gotta say I really appreciate your presence here on the forums and especially in the TFP chat, you've always been a really welcoming, kind hearted person. Love seeing you bake all kinds of stuff, especially the pudding and nama chocolate because I can't help but compare those to Brazil's pudim de leite and brigadeiro.
That's right! I do all of my digital art on my phone! With my finger!
SAID ART
1709260581993.png

She's way too powerful... they had to nerfe her by only providing her with a phone and her fingers...​

Another person who works hella hard for TFP :sphearical:
I see you and a few others complimenting artists in their threads, and I just wanted to say: even if it may seem small, even the smallest comment can make someone's day or even week. Because of this, I know you make a lot of artists happy, including myself, so thank you for that n.n
:`) thanks friend, here's to more working together and me (rightfully) complimenting the heck out of your art because you deserve it

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats on 1K posts Kaiju-chan! You've progressed so much in such a short time it's almost unbelievable. Not to mention how amazingly good your art is, also hey, you didn't even tell me you used your phone and fingers for most of the artwork process! That's impressive! Sanji is definitely proud of you c:

Lots of Hugs fren, keep up the good work!

Kaiju Bunny

Art Leader
Gots some arts  ̄ (*・ω・)ノ

~~Smogfight~~
Smogfight ended recently, and while I was nervous I wouldn't be able to make any pieces, but I managed to actually make a few pieces! Twas a fun event, excited to join the next one!
(This was also a great opportunity for me to actually make 'mon art again  ̄(T ω T) ̄)

Togesylviken.png

Attack on Falcon6447 featuring some of their fav 'mons!

Cosracheon.png

Revenge attack on DaWolfKid featuring these lil fellas

Deliphlogela.png

Aaand, revenge attack on LifeisDANK featuring some warm buddies!

~~Commissions~~
Wo-Chien Clan Logo.png

This was a logo I made for SergioRules for PUBD I! Wishing everyone luck on the team :heart:

The Frogs Logo.png

And this was made for PrinceOfAllTacos! Featuring the bois™ :quagchamppogsire:

Genuinely wanna thank folks again for showing your support through commissions, it really means a lot! :blobnom:

Until next time, friends!  ̄ (*・ω・)ノ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)