SV OU just recently got into competitive, how can I make my current team better?

So a few days ago I finally decided to play comp after wanting so for a while now, so I booted up showdown and played some RU and decided "why not go to the main tier?" so I opened the OU teambuilder and played around and this is my current team, I'm really just using the sample sets, I feel like I could do better with the mons :
(if needed here's the pokepaste : https://pokepast.es/c5975e78a40ccb04)

1678628520307.png
1678628632010.png

Iron Hands @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

>> I went with Iron Hands mostly because of its high attack stat, it acts as the bulky physical sweeper but I feel like I could either make him better by giving him scarf or maybe swapping out with Iron Valiant or maybe another stronger mon

1678628759145.png
1678628777078.png

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn

>> acts as the team's utility mon and, I normally just switch him out when I need to use him for U-Turn or Wisp for the more bulkier walls and Dragon Darts for coverage
not much I could say but I feel like dragapult could be used better

1678628960929.png
1678629037018.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Superpower

>> one of my favorite members of the team, with the bulk I was able to take down some of the annoying attackers easily, Play Rough is a very funny move because taking out Dragon, Dark and Fighting types with this mouse was easy almost always OH-KO,
TL;DR : just an all rounder for the annoying types

1678629326765.png
1678629336218.png

Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Shed Tail
>>> usually I lead with Orthworm for rocks and Shed Tail really but its still useful to wall some attackers (give they don't have flamethrower lmao)

1678629526472.png
1678629537418.png

Meowscarada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
>>> the faster sweeper on the team, I mostly use her as a sweeper (occasionally) but mostly as a pivot times thanks to its speed and access to, well..knock off, and flower trick for every water type ever

1678629825784.png
1678629850914.png

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

>> mostly acts as a wall for the faster and stronger mons, I don't really use him much and normally just ends up as a sack to switch in for a different mon

Sorry in advance if my explaining was vague, im still new and don't really know how to explain well (plus I made this before going to sleep) I've been wanting to touch this way of playing pokemon for a while and I've been watching tons of vids about competitive for months

anyways , thanks in advance I need some criticism and tips to make this team viable so any help is seriously appreciated :)

Attachments

If you want a better overall attacker then, yes, iron valient would pose more useful that hands. Not to say hands is bad, but mixed valient builds have been cropping up more and more and they're just much more versatile.

If you need a good utility mon I feel skele would fill this role better overall. Take a look at this build, it might be what you're looking for...

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Azu is standard. I prefer belly drum but I also don't use azu so to each their own.

If you want meow to be your fast sweeper, I would go with choice band. However, you dont have anyone to set up or remove hazards, and meow just so happens to be a good hazard setter so maybe check that out.

You have a lot of good attacking mons, but in order to fill a needed hazard-removing roll, I would swap out ghold for something else, personally. Ghold doesn't really seem to do much on your team besides what its ability helps you out with. You already have two strong attackers, a potential unaware/ utility mon in skele, defensive in orthworm, And maybe another utility/ attacker in meow. If hands is swapped with mixed valient, your team is fairly balanced. But you'll get run over if you dont have something to remove hazards. Especially at higher rankings.

thanks
i was thinking dragapult wasnt that great for a utility anyways, I'll switch it to skeledirge now

also can you recommend some good rapid spinners to get rid of hazards since my team is basically dead if someone puts rocks and spikes lol (also yea im removing ghold for this)

also would life orb iron valiant with tera fight be a good sweeper?

thanks
i was thinking dragapult wasnt that great for a utility anyways, I'll switch it to skeledirge now

also can you recommend some good rapid spinners to get rid of hazards since my team is basically dead if someone puts rocks and spikes lol (also yea im removing ghold for this)

also would life orb iron valiant with tera fight be a good sweeper?
Tusk. You can build tusk 1000 ways but they are the - if not one of the - best rapid spinners out there.

I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Tusk. You can build tusk 1000 ways but they are the - if not one of the - best rapid spinners out there.

I don't see why it wouldn't be.
alright thanks
been thinking of some tusk builds recently and currently have a hazard remover / attacker in mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)