VGC Jumpluff Team

Before discussing this team, I would like to preface a few things. First, this team is centered around Jumpluff, and I aim to use this Pokemon to the fullest extent. So when replying with suggestions, remember that I want to use Jumpluff. Second, I am building this team to work well on Battle Stadium Doubles compared to tournament play. Not saying that I don't want to use it in tournaments, but my main goal is to ladder high on the switch. Third I have tried this team on showdown, so I have had some success playing with it and hopping this is good enough to play on the cart. Lastly, I am a noob with VGC/Doubles meta, so my ev sets might be basic. If you can, please comment with suggestions on improving my ev spread.

Here is the paste https://pokepast.es/718b71e9af5a7eb0

Now for the team!

:sv/Jumpluff:

Jumpluff (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff
- Protect
- Strength Sap

Alright, so picking a set for this was probably the hardest thing I could have done for this team. To be honest, I was shocked at how supportive this Pokemon can be. For the ability I chose chlorophyll so I can dominant the speed in the sun. The item choice was real pain because I had converted clock for the longest time because I wanted the guarantee tailwind but the priority from Talonflame Brave Bird, Pokemon with Ice Shard, and Tera Normal Dragonite Choice Band Extreme Speed was killing me so I went with the Focus Sash. For my moves, due to using Focus Sash I had to put protect on the moveset to avoid Fake Out pressure. Tailwind is there for speed control. Pollen Puff so I can have an offensive move and heal my teammates. Strength Sap is to get some healing and push some physical attackers. The ev spread is basic with Timid Nature 252 Hp 252 Spe. I went with the Dark Tera Type to avoid Prankster Taunt pressure, but its weird because I haven't encounter someone who will Prankster Taunt me.

:sv/Torkoal:

Torkoal @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

I needed someone with drought to use Jumpluff's ability to the fullest extent, so I chose this Pokemon by default because it was the only one available. I wanted to switch out ASAP after one turn, so I chose Eject Pack to combine it with Overheat to switch at the end of the turn. For the moves besides Overheat, everything else was coverage/standard. The EV spread is standard for the most part. I have some speed to outspeed Amoonguss without Tailwind. Tera Fire just for the boost.

:sv/Flutter Mane:

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem

For this, I wanted a full nuke of a Pokemon that goes with drought, and Flutter Mane fit the bill too well. This Pokemon is legit broken, so I decided to use it. I chose Choice Specs to maximize the full Special Attack Power of Flutter Mane. The move set and ev spread are pretty standard for the most part. Tera Fairy, just so I can do the most with Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam.

:sv/Great Tusk:

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

This is my second option as a sun abuser because two are better than one. I originally had Focus Sash for the item, but after redoing Jumpluff, I put the Assault Vest on it. I wanted to add some extra bulk to make it a strong bruiser for my team and a safer switch-in option. For the moves, I think the only one worth explaining is Brick Break to get rid of screens and Rock Slide for extra coverage and to make Talonflame scare. The ev spread is standard for bulk, and I have Ground Tera for an extra boost with STAB.

:sv/Annihilape:

Annihilape (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Final Gambit

This is my most craziest set because I was too paranoid with Intimidate/Stat Lowering Moves and Trick Room teams. I have Defiant to put fear in some Pokemon **cough cough Arcanine.** I originally wanted Choice Scarf, but since I have Tailwind, I think I can get away without having one, so I picked the Sitrus Berry for healing. My moves are pretty standard except for Final Gambit, but I need a quick KO to combine with my last Pokemon to get rid of Trick Room teams. The ev spread is really to maximize Final Gambit, and for my Tera type, Fire is good, so I won't be burned, and for defensive reasons.

:sv/Maushold:

Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Thief
- Super Fang
- Protect

TBH, this Pokemon is here to help me with my Trick Room problem because I needed the one-shot. I picked Technician with Wide Lens to boost Population Bomb to max power. For the rest of the moves, I chose Thief over beat up because I realized if someone faints, beat up is worse than Thief. Super Fang for those who are too bulky for me. Protect is just standard at this point. The ev spread is standard, and for the Tera Type, I went with Normal for max power.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Use bite, not thief. Same BP, but flinch chance.

On AV great tusk what are you trying to survive with av? It is worth looking on the calc and seeing if you live hits better with some HP moved into SpD(cause SpD is 1.5x)

Use bite, not thief. Same BP, but flinch chance.

On AV great tusk what are you trying to survive with av? It is worth looking on the calc and seeing if you live hits better with some HP moved into SpD(cause SpD is 1.5x)
I didn't realize it had Bite lol. For Great Tusk idk I was just being general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)