1v1 Jinx - Meowscerada, Haxorus, Bellibolt

00504AE9-AA06-47CC-B63E-297B1223E922.jpeg

B6C105DC-A3E1-41DA-8001-4AB9FDE87D3A.png

hello there, it’s me fancy here to drop a fun 1v1 team I’ve been using to somewhat success, I’ve just only picked up 1v1 so this isn’t the most ground breaking team ever but it’s still pretty fun to use, peaked mid 1400s

Teambuilding Process

Team started with the idea of meow handling most grounds in the tier giving bellibolt more positive matchups. Haxorus was originally a few other mons but I found the combo of mold breaker + choiceband to be devastating against Pokémon that rely on their ability, aswell as appreciating the stuff bellibolt checks

Sets + Explanation

Ghostride (Meowscarada) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Giga Impact / Play-rough

- Brick Break / Play-rough

I’ve used this set before on other teams, I really like the speed tier since you outrun stuff like +spe booster tusk. The added speed also means you activate protein sooner which can remove weakness and soften hits you take (such as tusks cc) I would probably opt for knock on scarf and sucker on band since the priority makes up for the speed lost. Flower trick takes care of the many scary grounds in the tier including all donphan forms (beware of ice shard from regular) which puts a lot of matchups in favor of bellibolt. giga impact hits some mons that you don’t have great coverage for such as chi-yu and hits for big damage. brick break hits darks mentioned above (and bundle) and play rough takes care of fighting and dragon mons. EVs allow you to outspeed a bunch of stuff and deal sizable amounts of damage with protein boosted coverage.

Faces (Bellibolt) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eerie Impulse
- Slack Off
- Parabolic Charge

- Soak

Big man himself bellibolt, I didn’t think too much of this guy until I saw how many hits it absolutely tanks, naturally slow speed means your usually activating electromorposis before you attack boosting parabolic charge to sizeable amounts of damage (even without factoring potential water typing) removing mons stabs with soak is amazing and allows you to chip mons down quicker with super effective parabolic charges. Eerie impulse can weaken most special attackers into comfortably clicking soak + parabolic charge. Slack off can ease the process by healing. Dudes taking on mostly special attackers so we evd it to be bulky in that area,

Cracking (Haxorus) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Outrage
- Earthquake

- Close Combat / Iron Head / Other Coverage

I kept getting fucked by sturdy mons and this dude answers most of them perfectly. I haven’t seen a lot of Haxorus on ladder which I think is pretty surprising band first impression hits a ton of stuff super hard (ex you beat mewoscerada play rough thanks to the priority) and without most games lasting more than a few turns theres practically no downside to running stab outrage, fucks a bunch of shit and can bait your op into sending in their fairies which bellibolt appreciates, eq hits harder on zone but since most run balloon cc is a good middle ground that can hit dark types as well. EVs for Haxorus to do as much damage as possible with strong banded attacks

Conclusion

fun team, 1v1 I find is really easy and fun to play becuase you can jam a lot of games into a short amount of time, the tembuilding process is a little different but definitely still familiar and I think this team is pretty good, now I doubt it will go on to win any big tournament games but hopefully you can win some ladder games with it

https://pokepast.es/b98d1861c3e2ea46

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1817022335-m5n7ic45s1j196f056f71vzskwd1m8apw (beating Azumarill)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1817489031-f7zst1mhljoo6in9m70322yhyx1zu5wpw (skillfully outplaying a volcarona)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1817522226-bpveyl1qspldgob4jw67eyt6ztijsakpw (how to click outrage 101)

more soon

Attachments

Last edited:
Wouldn't life orb be better on Haxorus because getting choice locked into first impression is bad against sashes and sturdy mons?

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
I have no idea on 1v1 meta at all, but I do recognize a common Fancy1 W when I see one, nice team man, glad you're releasing heat teams one after the other

Wouldn't life orb be better on Haxorus because getting choice locked into first impression is bad against sashes and sturdy mons?
sash is banned in 1v1 and mold breaker invalidates sturdy, you aren’t clicking first impression against the good sturdy mons either like magnezone/donphan

thanks for the feedback!

I have no idea on 1v1 meta at all, but I do recognize a common Fancy1 W when I see one, nice team man, glad you're releasing heat teams one after the other
you know it brother, I don’t plan to stop with the heat, in fact I’m currently working on a triple rmt for usum doubles… all in good time (seriously tho I appreciate it, don’t stop making heat bro you the goat)

Last edited:

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
1v1 Circuit Champion
Just thought I could provide some insight on this (even though it's been a month lol)
Ghostride (Meowscarada) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Flower Trick
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Giga Impact / Play-rough

- Brick Break / Play-rough

I’ve used this set before on other teams, I really like the speed tier since you outrun stuff like +spe booster tusk. The added speed also means you activate protein sooner which can remove weakness and soften hits you take (such as tusks cc) I would probably opt for knock on scarf and sucker on band since the priority makes up for the speed lost. Flower trick takes care of the many scary grounds in the tier including all donphan forms (beware of ice shard from regular) which puts a lot of matchups in favor of bellibolt. giga impact hits some mons that you don’t have great coverage for such as chi-yu and hits for big damage. brick break hits darks mentioned above (and bundle) and play rough takes care of fighting and dragon mons. EVs allow you to outspeed a bunch of stuff and deal sizable amounts of damage with protein boosted coverage.
First off, Chi-Yu is banned now lol (this aged well) so brick break is pretty useless for coverage on this set now. Scarf definitely would like Knock Off here, as it helps with Espathra and Sableye matchups (except metal burst). Giga Impact is useful for picking off frailer Pokémon like Chien Pao or some Iron Moth. Play Rough is probably ideal for Dragons here, as Haxorus doesn't have a really favorable matchup into other dragons while running a Choice Band. I would also recommend Jolly as the nature for this since the speed is pretty important for faster threats like Speed Booster Roaring Moon or Iron Valiant.

Faces (Bellibolt) @ Wiki Berry
Calm Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Slack Off
- Parabolic Charge

- Soak

Big man himself bellibolt, I didn’t think too much of this guy until I saw how many hits it absolutely tanks, naturally slow speed means your usually activating electromorposis before you attack boosting parabolic charge to sizeable amounts of damage (even without factoring potential water typing) removing mons stabs with soak is amazing and allows you to chip mons down quicker with super effective parabolic charges. Eerie impulse can weaken most special attackers into comfortably clicking soak + parabolic charge. Slack off can ease the process by healing. Dudes taking on mostly special attackers so we evd it to be bulky in that area,
I would recommend using Clear Amulet here, in order to avoid drops from Fake Tears Sylveon. This set is pretty similar to the Special Defense set in the Compendium, which is really interesting. This does do a good job of filling weaknesses from Meowscarada, and putting Clear Amulet on it can provide more consistency overall.

Cracking (Haxorus) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Outrage
- Earthquake

- Close Combat / Iron Head / Other Coverage

I kept getting fucked by sturdy mons and this dude answers most of them perfectly. I haven’t seen a lot of Haxorus on ladder which I think is pretty surprising band first impression hits a ton of stuff super hard (ex you beat mewoscerada play rough thanks to the priority) and without most games lasting more than a few turns theres practically no downside to running stab outrage, fucks a bunch of shit and can bait your op into sending in their fairies which bellibolt appreciates, eq hits harder on zone but since most run balloon cc is a good middle ground that can hit dark types as well. EVs for Haxorus to do as much damage as possible with strong banded attacks
First Impression is nice here, but with a lot of possible targets using Protect commonly like Espathra and Leech Seed Meowscarada, it will end up becoming useless a lot of the time. Iron Tail could be a nice substitution, as it helps with the Sylveon matchup (excluding Babiri Berry). This pokemon does nuke a lot of the slower threats in the tier which is useful for this team.

At the moment, these 3 struggle with Meowscarada, since it is mainly a setguess I would not consider this team being consistent vs it. (First Impression Haxorus loses to Leech Seed, but beats choiced variants). Also struggles with Corviknight, as it can PP stall these 3 pretty consistently (especially since Bellibolt only has 1 attacking move and the other pokemon are choiced). Valiant is also a weird matchup, but if Meowscarada is Adamant it 3-0s this team guaranteed, while Jolly has a slightly better matchup. Overall I would tweak the sets for Meowscarada and Haxorus the most (especially since this post mentions Chi-Yu lol) possibly going Leech Seed on Meowscarada and the Taunt Stallbreaker Haxorus. Lmk if you have any questions!

yo drip thanks for the rate, I would agree that some sets can massively be improved on this team as it was one of my earlier ones (been building more and even made it to top 100 might do an rmt or smthn else for said team)

anyways I thought I might provide an updated version of the team (post fish lol, and the addition of ww and leaves) using some of your suggestions and just me being more knowledgeable of the metagame since I first posted this

new import

:meowscarada:
Ghostride (Meowscarada) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off / Chilling Water

agree on this one, I could see scarf still working but this + stall breaker hax ultimately achieves the same stuff for more favorable bellibolt matchups, the only odd thing about this set is knock, which I mainly wanted to beat espartha easier since gleam can be scary for haxorus

:haxorus:
Cracking (Haxorus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Spe / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Taunt

I do like this a lot more, it feels so much better to not have to rely on outrage rolls vs donphan. cc feels nice for wp not much else to say you just eat up slower stuff, also tweaked evs a little bit since, speed tier + taunt is for bu corv

:bellibolt:
Faces (Bellibolt) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Slack Off
- Soak
- Parabolic Charge

Faces (Bellibolt) @ Clear Amulet
Calm Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Slack Off
- Soak
- Parabolic Charge

Although you said the belli set was mainly fine I do think that either a phys def or a spdef set could work here, it just kinda depends on what you want to improve your matchup towards

anyways thanks for the rate, while this team is pretty good I ultimately wouldn’t recommend it for games on high ladder, but this team did put in work for me on low ladder when I first started so who knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)