SV OU JEALOUSY - DLC 2 ANNOUNCEMENT, CHECK PAGE 2. (GOT REQS THREE TIMES + PEAKED 1889 No. 50)

STILL JEALOUS (Team V2)

sandy (1).jpeg

Intro:
With the ban of Sneasler, certain mons have seen an increase/decrease in usage. This post is just an update to the team, to optimize it for the current meta. For example, we are seeing a rise in Skeledirge and Ting-Lu usage. I've laddered a bit more with this team, getting 1851 with this team, but on a team alt that I don't want to disclose...

Changes:

:booster-energy::sv/sandy-shocks::booster-energy:
1LSD (Sandy Shocks) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice / Fairy
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute / Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast

This is an alternate version for the Iron Moth slot, as things like Garganacl, Ting-Lu, Heatran and Skeledirge are more common (When I say others I'm referring to these guys). In my opinion, Iron Moth has become very Matchup-Fishy if you run into one of these mons, it can't do much vs them. The most you can do is switch in to bait the mon in, then get Manaphy vs it. But because that burns the Booster-Energy, its pretty ineffective. I needed something that was faster than Cinderace, and matched up well into Heatran (and other threats). Sandy Shocks perfectly fit the bill. It matches up pretty well into the mons listed above, and is able to beat Cinderace and opposing Iron-Moth which are some matchups we struggled with earlier. I'll talk more about how to use this mon, matchups and more, lets get into the moveset. This is just the standard Booster-Energy set, but with Sub over Rocks. This is because we are weak to common priorty, like Ice Shard and Grassy Glide (as well as Sucker Punch bc Gambits op LOL). Sub takes the hit for us, so we aren't as susceptible to priority. Its always a safe play to Sub on a predicted switch, as if they go into a passive Defensive wall like Slowking-G or Zapdos, you can just get free chip off as they can't damage you much. Rocks can be used over Sub to break Sash, and to hit the Flying types that ignore Webs. But with this you are weaker to Priorty and Court Change. Thunderbolt and Earth Power are normal Stabs, but notably Earth Power is able to OHKO Heatran, and a 75% to OHKO Bulky Cinderace. You can gamble for the OHKO on Cinderace, but try to chip it first to make sure it dies. Tera Blast depends on the Tera, but Ice offers Bolt Beam coverage, and Fairy hits Great-Tusk, while still hitting things like Iron-Valiant. Fairy also gives a Sucker Punch resistance. This Mon strengthens our matchup vs opposing Web teams (that just run Iron-Moth for the miror matchup) and the Cinderace/Heatran matchup. The only downsides to this switch, is we don't have as good of a Grass and U-turn resist as well as lower SpA.

Updated Team:

I'll leave the paste below, with some minor changes. These are Trailblaze over Power Whip, and Skill Swap over Psychic. This is for the Hatterene matchup as getting Webs up is our full priorty. You might be scared of Iron Moth ripping you apart, but Sandy Shocks deals with it. Trailblaze is more anti Cinderace tech, as you are faster and can prevent it from getting the Court Change off (Refer to the first post). The reason why Manaphy is Tail Glow rather than Double Dance, is because its too passive as it needs to get setup, and is very weak to Ogerpon-Wellspring with Encore.

Sandy Shocks Version:
https://pokepast.es/cbe5619a72686930

Iron Moth Version:
https://pokepast.es/51a26690da7466d8

Feel free to ask any questions! If there was something I missed feel free to ask.​

Last edited:

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Have been playing the same team quite a lot with tusk over > pon and dragonite > moth, but idk why but recenrly I dont find myself as confortable as before with the webs. Maybe because it's too fishy, like it get screwed by cinderace and tspikes sometimes.

Last edited:
this was robbed for team of the week, hands down. great team from a great player.
haha yeah, too bad DLC2 dropped so its never getting in (maybe i'll try w a new rmt next time :P)

Have been playing the same team quite a lot with tusk over > pon and dragonite > moth, but idk why but recenrly I dont find myself as confortable as before with the webs. Maybe because it's too fishy, like it get screwed by cinderace and tspikes sometimes.
yeah, HO is always going to be more of an MU fish. 100% if you are going to be playing on high ladder you are going to run into some bad match ups like Hstack, Cinderace etc... just make sure you play VERY aggressive with predicts to bait checks in and eliminate/weaken them. For example, the rise in Heatran is really annoying, but you can bait it by using many things. Like if it doesn't expect Fblast from Dengo, or go Moth --> Manaphy to get a free Tail Glow up.

How do webs even function with cinderace on every team
I would advise reading the first post. Look for the Threats section, and Matchup section. That will provide sufficient info on Cinderace counterplay. Sure its a bad matchup, but counterplay exists.

DLC 2 ANNOUNCEMENT

Anyways, DLC 2 just dropped and I will be working on DLC webs. Its gonna be fun experimenting, but just keep an eye out... Some promising things like Kyurem, Volcarona and Darkrai might be good on Webs. Just brainstorming ideas...

till next time, matte!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)