JaskWak

Great guide Basics. Really specific and helpful for making teams including the combo and countering it (without using Skarm). There are loads of variations though - Joltwak, Joltloom, Jaskloom. It would be nice if you went into them a bit.

People have the tendency to say that something doens't work in pokemon because it can miss or because X pokemon counters it. If you are using Sing it will hit sooner or later and then you will disable your opponent's main (or only) Marowak Counter and get a free turn to Swords Dance.

Great guide, I tryed the strategy you suggested and it really works. I had a team with Ninjask, Marowak, Magneton and Suicune and some other stuff like that so mainly I would pass a swords dance and +3 speed to marowak, and if it worked, it would almost be always a 6-0. Magneton would kill skarmory if it came in the way.

Incase you are wondering, I tried both Jaskwak and Joltwak - I found Jaskwak to be much better. First of all, you can baton pass swords dances over to Marowak, and sweep your opponent's team right away without needing Marowak to swords dance itself and get damaged. Magneton in your team can easily shut down your skarmory problem, meaning you will have no problem with Skarmory PHazing you.

And again, great guide.

Sing is good because it
a) can shut down the main counter
b) punishes Skarmory for staying in, trying to Drill Peck or Spike you
c) can get you a free Swords Dance
d) gives you a chance to sleep something that gets in the way of a secondary recipient, might Marowak fail to sweep

I recently tried passing Zapdos' agilities to Scizor, who would SD up, Endure or Sub depending on what pwned me last, and sweep with Reversal/HP Ghost. It worked ok, but I think I got kind of unlucky. I guess Zapdos could easily be replaced with Jolteon or Ninjask...

As to the debate over Jolteon/Ninjask, IMO Jolteon is better because even though he can't BP any attack (other than a liechi boost I guess), he isn't easily countered because when the counter comes you can just BP. Ninjask is easily countered by any hazer/p-hazer, unless you're BPing to a Soundproof/Suction Cups poke.

Heh, enough of my balderdash. (sorry, I've recently become addicted to the word balderdash...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)