• Judge A Pokemon: Hoenn's Bashful Beauties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • The Utility Box

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the new issue and i'm extremely happy about Quarkz gaining this promotion, you deserved it friend! ^^
Congratulations to princessofmusic as well, and kudos for Nerina on amazing cover art, i had a feeling it would be used for the cover art the moment i saw the piece.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
The "Smogon in a nutshell" article has notable flaws.
No mention of Smogon Frontier starting/no-one winning in the end, no mention of Lowgock winning Grand Slam, nor any of the Opens starting, no mention of OLT, no mention of Atticus winning OST, no mention of Chandelure and Snow Warning being banned in BW UU. Is locking a hate thread bigger than winning an official tournament now?

Shouldn't the STABmons articles be in The Player, like all the other joke OM's?

The Chesnaught mention in the "ORAS Transition Benefit" article lacks a bolded title saying Chesnaught + Drain Punch. Fix?

Are these even quality checked anymore?

And please don't delete this just because it's criticism you can't handle. Posts like this are much more helpful than the "omg great article cant wait for the next one ^_^~♪". Show that you like the article by LIKING the OP, and voting for your favorite article in the poll. That's what they're there for. I hope.

On a positive side, Metal Sonic's article is a great read; more stuff like this please. Needless to say why.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You should actually say why haha~!

Thanks for your compliment, it means a lot to me!! ^_^

Also I agree with your criticism of "Smogon in a nutshell", although the article couldn't have been too long, it should have mentioned more prominent 2014 highlights.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey I asked for contributions in nutshell. Finding dates and exact information from across the site is not easy, if it isn't easy to find I might miss it. Plus I do not involve myself in every facet of this community. It's a lot to just put together, much less to write.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The "Smogon in a nutshell" article has notable flaws.
No mention of Smogon Frontier starting/no-one winning in the end, no mention of Lowgock winning Grand Slam, nor any of the Opens starting, no mention of OLT, no mention of Atticus winning OST, no mention of Chandelure and Snow Warning being banned in BW UU. Is locking a hate thread bigger than winning an official tournament now?

Shouldn't the STABmons articles be in The Player, like all the other joke OM's?

The Chesnaught mention in the "ORAS Transition Benefit" article lacks a bolded title saying Chesnaught + Drain Punch. Fix?

Are these even quality checked anymore?

And please don't delete this just because it's criticism you can't handle. Posts like this are much more helpful than the "omg great article cant wait for the next one ^_^~♪". Show that you like the article by LIKING the OP, and voting for your favorite article in the poll. That's what they're there for. I hope.

On a positive side, Metal Sonic's article is a great read; more stuff like this please. Needless to say why.
It's not a joke OM, we've always allowed OMs in The Smog and there's no problem with it being there. If you had something you'd like to see in Smogon in a nutshell (which happens every year now) you could've PMed the usual writer of it, Layell, and let him know at the start of the year things you think might be cool to include. The bold mistake will be fixed, and yes we have a great quality control team, if you would like to write for The Smog (I don't think you do iirc) then you can submit a few articles ideas you think would be good for us (similar to Metal Sonic's which you liked) and eventually earn your way onto the QC team. For now though I think our QC team is quite capable, and we have stopped articles from being submitted thanks to our QC team. We do appreciate your feedback though, and we will work on fixing those things. Do have a nice day.

Metal Sonic the thread was there asking for suggestions and if there was something you thought that wasn't there, you could've mentioned it. Layell only can write about what people say and what he remembers, which is why he asked for suggestions. Your article is cool though!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey so I forgot to say a bit of stuff in my original post, so here we go again :)!
Great new issue guys, yay! Gosh that Puzzle Page sure looks hard, huh? Don't worry, just wait 'til next issue ;]
Also grats to Quarkz and pom~♪
Special shoutouts to the following people for being absolutely instrumental in the development of this issue's crossword: srk1214 for the original setup, princessofmusic for three of the clues, Toast++ for being a cool guy, and skylight for helping me to upload it. And let's not forget Goddess Briyella and her continual work selecting and cutting tracks for the Mystery Sound. Thanks to all of you, I couldn't have done it without going insane without you!!!

e: I'M SORRY I SPELT YOUR NAME WRONG QUARKZ PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alas poor Layell!

It's okay, I think Layell put in a lot of effort into his article, and I think he feels bad too that he missed out stuff cause people didn't mention it in his call for suggestions.

That's fine! We can all learn from our experiences, for now let's enjoy the release of this new episode!

I'm excited to see more good reviews for my article hahaha!

mfw people call Quarkz Quartz
anyway great issue guys, exams are coming up so I might not be able to contribute as much :(
also grats ^_^ pom and quarkz are pretty great ppl and I hope new users have fun interacting with them in Smog!!!!!!!!!!

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"In result, Greninja was deemed overpowered with the simple addition of these two moves, proving how much it benefited from ORAS.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naïve Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Hidden Power [Fire] / Extrasensory"

That should only have 1 dot ;-; sorry if I'm nitpicky. I really loved this edition. :)

"In result, Greninja was deemed overpowered with the simple addition of these two moves, proving how much it benefited from ORAS.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naïve Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Hidden Power [Fire] / Extrasensory"

That should only have 1 dot ;-; sorry if I'm nitpicky. I really loved this edition. :)
Sorry, I must've missed when implementing the GP checks :[

Anyways good edition dudes, i'm glad i got to write for this and it was really fun

Last edited:

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Last time pom joined a big pokemon project she got so involved she started to date the person who created it.

While I hope that won't happen this time I am excited to see how she will jump headfirst into this. Congrats too Quartz.
Don't worry, I know that I'm irresistible, but married.

She does somehow know exactly what I look like, though. So that's kinda weird.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Hehe my article's on the cover, that's hot.

Gratz on Quarkz annd pom joining the team ^.^

I hope to be able to write more competitive articles for this!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't know mhykah wrote stuff! I liked his thing on utility-mons, although I'm sad that Mawile didn't get a mention for EV trainer. Sweet Scent + Incinerate + False Swipe (in case you run into a shiny) + filler makes for a great horde killer. We'll need to get you to write for Battle Spot stuff ^_^

I tried the puzzles but they were really hard for me :(

Didn't know mhykah wrote stuff! I liked his thing on utility-mons, although I'm sad that Mawile didn't get a mention for EV trainer. Sweet Scent + Incinerate + False Swipe (in case you run into a shiny) + filler makes for a great horde killer. We'll need to get you to write for Battle Spot stuff ^_^
I also failed to mention Teddiursa as a Pickup EV trainer, and Dig as free Escape Ropes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)