Issue #33 Released!

Which was your favourite article this issue?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a really enjoyable issue, but the only thing that slightly bothered me was using 'a plethora' thrice in an article IIRC, but that's just a small thing I noticed.

How the fuck did RODAN get best Circus player?

Attention Smogon Users who voted RODAN: RODAN barely even plays Mafia let alone takes part in Circus Maximus activities. He usually idles.
yeah uh idk why people vote for every category if they don't know anything about it. it's hilarious b/c rodan is afaik on the circus blacklist

thanks for the votes, friends!!

and goodbye birkal <3 the smog will miss you~

Bummer Edit: Shedinja's immunity is due to its ability, and not type.
It's still an immunity. Hell, if you're gonna be like that, then Water is also resisted by only three things while nothing is immune to it IF you don't take abilities into account.

I was reading this issue of the Smog back at college, and I was getting angry stares all around because I was laughing so hard. That Gifts of Generation VI article was hilarious! I loved that dancing metaphor part with Flareon and Entei. I literally cried through that part. To whoever wrote that, thank you for making my day! :D

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It's still an immunity. Hell, if you're gonna be like that, then Water is also resisted by only three things while nothing is immune to it IF you don't take abilities into account.
Yes but the difference is that shedinja is really bad, and i can still spam fairy vs a team with shedinja as long as i have SR

chaos seems to be a very promising user, indeed.
Anyway, grats to the winners! I guess second place for Most Improved User is kinda decent...
Also, a fun issue to contribute to!

yeah chaos has done so much for smogon ever since he joined, through his actions many other people have also been inspired to join smogon

This issue was fantastic, so much so it motivated me to get involved and submit my own article ideas as well. I particularly enjoyed the Flying-type as offensive STAB article. As someone who knows little about the metagame and its history it was fascinating to absorb so much about competitive gameplay. It was well written and I shared it with another friend who loved it just as much. The writers at The Smog are fantastic! I also liked the mustache article (the idea is original, fresh, and creative and just awesome xD) and I enjoyed the Pokerap battle.

Kudos to all the contributors at The Smog. It's an infectious online magazine that I love to share with my Pokemon friends!

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great issue and good work guys, well done! May i suggest more Judge a Pokemon articles though, those were great and it's been a long time since we had one...

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was my first time writing something for The Smog, but I think it turned out great. I hope I do better on the next issue.

Personally, for a newcomer that has been reading this site's magazines for about a year, I find this as one of the freshest.

Notably, Aron Chef (Iron Chef) gives us a good idea on how to turn NU pokemon to food. I like the Candied Sunkern the most. And with Hoppip, we promote kitchen public butchering of live grass pokemon. Just so awesome and gruesomely painful to see their dying pictures (moreso to Hoppip as a salad)

As for the EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTOORRYYYYYYY!!--EREHEM! Epic pokerap battles of history. Wow, and once again, mother******* Rayquaza owned sun and rain. Again. Sigh, he's the reason I hated dragon back in the early days of Sapphire and Ruby. it's awesome and badass, but where can we see the video of these kinds of raps? It would be cool to watch it live.

As for the EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTOORRYYYYYYY!!--EREHEM! Epic pokerap battles of history. Wow, and once again, mother******* Rayquaza owned sun and rain. Again. Sigh, he's the reason I hated dragon back in the early days of Sapphire and Ruby. it's awesome and badass, but where can we see the video of these kinds of raps? It would be cool to watch it live.
I know, right?! Plus and Fuzznip tore it up with their rap battle!! Twas inspiring for me honestly. Made me want to try my hand at writing a serious Pokérap too <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)