Issue #32 Released!

Which article was your favourite in this issue?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The Smog #32

Hello!

A new year just rolled in, and with it a new issue of The Smog! It almost feels like it was just a couple of weeks ago that I was writing the previous Note From the Editor, but it's actually been almost two months since then — time sure flies by!

Anyhow, issue #32 comes in very balanced in terms of featured content, with the Metagame category taking the lead with nine articles written for it. Some of these include: Predictions for XY RU, XY Doubles Standouts, BW2 RU Suspect Results, and others. Battling Strategy didn't fall behind either, with really cool articles such as DPP OU Underrated Movesets and Switching in Doubles taking the spotlight.
Continue Reading.

As always, thank you very much to all the people who participated in the project this time around! And as I mentioned in the Note, congrats to our artist elcheeso on the badass artwork that's now the very cover of this issue -- cheers!

– – –​

We, of course, welcome your constructive feedback. You can leave that below and be sure to cast your vote on the poll we've included in this thread. As always, if you would like to write or draw for the Smog, give us a pitch in the Article Approvals subforum.

~ Setsuna, Flora, Toast++, skylight, Bummer, sandshrewz, and Birkal

Last edited by a moderator:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks great! HTMLing was fun and I can't wait to do more next issue (although I will try to make hings more aesthetically pleasing next time!)

Also
Trivia

Written by Zystral, with some help from Level 51, Cereza, sandshrewz, and skylight

Art by Bummer

Grammar by sandshrewz and Kingler12345

HTML by
I did the HTML for this!

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not having a computer was very annoying :/ but at least I haven't spoiled the articles for once! Great job everyone :)

It was fun contributing for my first time in the smog (well, issue31 didn't really count) with grammar and HTML! Was fun reading many of the articles and a lot of the art was absolutely stunning (esp the rap battle and tv shows, also the cover). Overall was a fun issue contributing.
Thanks to Toast++, who helped me out a lot with HTML :)

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Glad to have been a part of this issue! ♥

Everyone is such a pleasure to work with... bugmaniacbob really goes the extra mile with his GP checks and chameleonskyes' artwork is just mind-blowing.

Great job, everyone!

Great Issue, I especially enjoyed the article on DPP OU Underrated Movesets, it was nice looking back at the DPP Era and seeing some move sets that where not very common yet effective along with the RU Articles. Great Issue overall and a nice read, keep up the good work and i will be looking forward to the next issue guys!.

K here we go, 1200x1200 or whatever it is, lol. If you want the actual cover in HQ you're going to have to ask Bummer since he's the one that put it together, but I'm almost 100% sure that there isn't a better version of it.

K here we go, 1200x1200 or whatever it is, lol. If you want the actual cover in HQ you're going to have to ask Bummer since he's the one that put it together, but I'm almost 100% sure that there isn't a better version of it.

great! thank you, thats all i need (as a background on my smartphone and stuff)

Great issue, especially enjoyed the coverage on Doubles battling strategies since I'm trying to learn that metagame. However, Charizard-Y wasn't in the Mega Evolution article, which really seems quite weird to me since I personally found Char-Y as common as its counterpart when laddering. Other than that nitpick, great issue!

Thank you, so beautiful <3

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Last month was better, but meh, I can live with this.

BW RU suspect was the best article imo, together with the Assault Vest one.
Rap battle could've been a lot better, especially if it was something like RBY Tauros vs GSC Lax(hint, hint).
Needs more old gens imo.

Smogon needs more articles like the "checks and counters" one that provides formal definitions and straightforward examples of these fundamental concepts. You can't build a tower without a solid foundation, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)