Issue #25 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to express my thanks for all the support people, I thought that writing an article for the smog would be a pretty intimidating process, but the atmosphere there is really great and you instantly feel accepted. i hghly recommend it :)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
From the Mad Speculation about XY article:

Every generation except Gen I and Gen V brought us new evolutions. Gen VI may turn out to be something like an expanded GSC for BW. Lets begin with something simple.
Gen III didn't introduce any eveelutions as well.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
From the Mad Speculation about XY article:

Gen III didn't introduce any eveelutions as well.
I do see your confusion as that is listed right over an eevee but it is meant as new evolutions. I believe the author means to say new evolutions/pre-evolutions of existing pokemon (e.g. Scizor, Azurill, Magnezone) were introduced.

Edit: And just to clarify, Espeon and Umbreon were, in fact, Gen II.

To be honest, I think Skarm is more likely to get a prevolution a la Mantine than an evolution a la Gligar/Dusclops. Mantine was the original Skarmory counterpart in terms of stats (Mantine just had the shittier typing for walling the type of attacks it was supposed to and the worse movepool for that, and so it never quite obtained the sheer infamy of Skarmory.) It would be especially interesting if you could find an area that hosted Drifloon/Skarmbaby/Mantyke (HP/Defense/Special Defense with typings matching the gen IV legendaries) but lacked 1 of those three based on version (provided we get Z rather than X2/Y2)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ToastPlusOne you are totally right, i thought the section was talking only about Eeveelutions.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to express my thanks for all the support people, I thought that writing an article for the smog would be a pretty intimidating process, but the atmosphere there is really great and you instantly feel accepted. i hghly recommend it :)
Thank you very much; posts like this one always bring a smile to my face, and I suspect many of our hard-working contributors feel the same way. I speak for the Staff when I say it is always really good to know that an author/artist/coder/grammar editor is having a blast while working at the Smog!

The one thing I disliked about this issue. . .

was that it made me realize how much I've been missing in all of the others. This was the first smog I've read (although admittedly not all of it yet) and I loved it. Now I have to go back and read through the others! Great work guys, and thanks so much!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to say the metagame analyses and humor in the RSE article were completely spot on and made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

Also, it figures the Snorlax article was written by Kokoloko:

The first thing worthy of note about Snorlax in BW UU is that it is the only Pokémon in the tier that can reliably switch into Chandelure.
lol.

I enjoyed both of ium's interviews and the RSE article especially. I'm more interested to become involved because of the constantly great quality and contributors. Thanks to all who helped.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
id like to thank my scooters, the 6A9 clan, and my smogon friends... u know who u ar lol. thx mum n dad! without u, i wouldn't b where i am today xxx

and FYI ojama shoulda won my award, & i shoulda won best old school battler after worms crushing defeat in 5 generation OU tournament

J/S

It's a great issue, but the Pokemon Biology section about evolution is missing a VERY big chunk: Gender Based Evolution.
Ok, maybe it isn't so big...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)