Issue #24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi, everyone! jumpluff here, filling in for Setsuna temporarily to present to you all 2013's first issue of The Smog~ 2012 ended on a powerful note for us, with ToastPlusOne's gorgeous renovation of the index and an end-of-year issue that was absolutely bursting at the seams, but this issue is no disappointment either, with plenty of articles focusing on a variety of different metagames, and, as always, lots of beautiful art! And while 2012 might have been a great year, 2013 is bright with promise too: we're looking at the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening the advent of a brand new generation (already, Nintendo...?! making me feel my age...) of Pokémon, and all the excitement, discovery, and magic that accompanies it. In fact, we'll be taking this adventure together, what with the worldwide release; uninitiated and clueless, we'll have to rely on each other to figure everything out, and that's awesome. As news and hype trickle in ahead of Pokémon X & Y Versions, we'll be sure to keep you updated, with all kinds of perspectives, speculations, insight, and information on the upcoming generation, as well as the community's activities surrounding it!

This is our first issue trying out our spiffy new Article (and Artists) Approvals subforum, and so far we think it's worked out rather well! We welcome new contributors at The Smog, and if you've got an idea for something you'd like to write or are interested in contributing art to our articles, please stop by and apply at your leisure. It's not hard to make your first contribution, and we're a friendly and helpful team that takes pride in everyone's work.

Also, voting for the annual Smog Awards is now open, so make sure to get your votes in as soon as possible! Remember that you don't have to vote for every single category, so you have no excuse not to!

I really hope you enjoy this issue. We've worked very hard on it, as always, and your constructive feedback means a lot to us, as does your continued readership and support. I hope we can rely on it throughout 2013, and thank you for sticking with us so far! Let's make this a wonderful year together, Smogon~ Try new things, explore parts of the community you've never participated in, make new friends, start new projects, contribute to new places, adopt new ideas, and get ready for X&Y!

I had a ton of fun this issue; always a pleasure to do some Smog GPing :3

Smogon Awards were fun, too. Looking forward to seeing how those turn out ^.^

Also, damn we had some awesome art this issue! You guys never disappoint~

A great way to start of the year!

Echoing what jumpluff said if you ever feel like doimg something new try wruting for thesmog. I used to be scared of writing for thesmog but I am glad I finally decided to do it looking back an issue ago. There is honestly nothing intimidating the staff is super nice and with article approvals opening up it should be easier to apply :)

A big thanks to the gp team and html dudes because their work isn't always noticed by readers and they do a lot of work. Especially gping everyones articles at the last week wheb everyone is trying to get their articles in haha.

This was my first time doing a feautered article so I was very excited and my friends who worked on pokemon biology wrote some cool stuff and it was great to work from them.

Excpect more from me guys :P

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I apologize for not being able to complete my article on time. Major props to Pwnemon and Arcticblast, who took up where I fell short in a stride, and made the article a success!

Thank you to Smog Staff for pulling it out in the end as always.

Nice work team! Especially the GPers and HTMLers, you all really stepped it up this issue! Now it's time for a dance party! ~(o3o)~

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yeah, this issue is the one where I started re-contributing, and it's really enjoyable. 2013 should be a good year, hopefully. This was a nice issue, can't wait for the next one!

edit: dance party ~(o3o)~

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great job on the amazing issue! Hope I can start contributing in the next one

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
It was great fun making art to contribute for this, The Smog is awesome and props to all who make it happen, particularly all the other fabulous artists (writers are cool too). I look forward to arting for this for issues to come.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It was a lot of fun being part of the team this time, and I hope to continue. Thanks for all the great art everyone.

And if anyone liked the Pathfinder article, come hang out in #flamel sometime.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
school is getting to be a giant time consumer so i didn't get to contribute as much as i would have liked. :( it was fun gping at least something, though! i can't wait to work on the next article! good job everyone!

Wow. I can't even avoid edition wars in completely unrelated comms. Classy bit of writing, that paragraph 2, sentence 4.

To the topic at hand, I otherwise enjoyed the issue. You guys have plenty of lurker-readers like me; not really involved in the Pokémon competitive scene but otherwise interested. Keep up the good work.

Wow. I can't even avoid edition wars in completely unrelated comms. Classy bit of writing, that paragraph 2, sentence 4.

To the topic at hand, I otherwise enjoyed the issue. You guys have plenty of lurker-readers like me; not really involved in the Pokémon competitive scene but otherwise interested. Keep up the good work.
Haha, well, that's gamer culture for you, I guess!

Always interested in hearing from readers like yourself! It's really encouraging to know you're out there. Thanks a lot for saying hi, and I hope you'll keep reading, even if you don't choose to join in around the community~ I'm glad you're still finding things you can enjoy even without participating in the competitive scene! :)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
loved the "where are they now?" article about RBY. I kinda have raise an eyebrow at Gengar now being there, but is it just because it's not that dominant in RBY? It's definitely no Tauros or Starmie, but just the fact that it's the other OU that made it all 5 generations probably should have served it a spot in the article.

loved the "where are they now?" article about RBY. I kinda have raise an eyebrow at Gengar now being there, but is it just because it's not that dominant in RBY? It's definitely no Tauros or Starmie, but just the fact that it's the other OU that made it all 5 generations probably should have served it a spot in the article.
Glad you liked it ^.^

And yeah, cutting it down to 10 was tough, but I wanted to get it done in a timely fashion, and it was already looking pretty long. Cloyster's had a really interesting history as well, especially with its recent success. Slowbro and Jynx also would've been fun to include. I plan on doing some more past gens articles, so hopefully I'll find a way to work in some of them~

For now, I'm already getting cracking on the lesser seen RBY Pokemon that hit it big in BW ;)

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great work to everyone who participated this issue! ^_^ Special thanks to all GPers and artists for working incredibly hard!! Especially jumpluff for pretty much doing most of the GP and HTML by herself~ Also, thank you to all artists to filled up the empty slots :)!

Also, it was great working with SuperJOCKE for the past 3 issues as well :D! I think this issue had a good balance of new and old (gens) articles too.

WOOO Smog Awards!! ~

On the index page of this Smog issue, the date released is stated to be February 5, 2012 instead of 2013.

sandz edit: fixed!!! Thanks ^_^ wow lol this happened last year too :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)