Issue #22 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

And it's that time again, that time when I get—once again—the opportunity to announce a new issue of the mighty The Smog. More than three years have gone by and we keep pushing ourselves to make the best competitive and entertaining Pokemon online magazine in the world.

As I mentioned in my Note from the Editor, we have shifted from the bi-monthly schedule to releasing issues on a month-to-month basis, starting with this one! We have done a lot of other changes across all of our sections, and those changes will periodically have a positive impact in every single piece of content that we put out there. That being said, this issue is a very cool one, featuring over 25 articles and a solid amount of stunning artwork (cheers to Birkal and one of our lady artists, ToxicPhox, for the outstanding cover!). Featured RMTs, Featured Pokemon, Pokemon Biology is once again here to teach us a thing or two on PokeBiology, Metagame Analysis, the Interview and much more have made their entrance into this issue to provide you, our readers, with some instructive and entertaining articles alike.

We hope you enjoy reading through this, issue #22, as much as we enjoyed making it. Thank you for being with us and don't forget to come back to leave your feedback afterwards!

~Setsuna

did way too much work than expected for my first time helping out with the smog.
from this i learned that birkal is a butt.

this is a gr8 issue. :)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great issue guys! It was nice working with you and I hope I can continue with the team!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It was nice working with you guys on this issue! I have a feeling ill be a repeat writer with you guys :3

Blackhawk11

one on one
I'm loving the articles so far, especially the Bird article and the Pokemon Biology article! Great work to all!

A few things (formatting) I thought I'd point out: clicking "Home" underneath the Kanto/Unova comparison article redirects to smog/smog22/ instead of smog/issue22/, and the Minecraft article appears to be missing a picture of New Haven.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Was a lot of fun working on this, would love to contribute more in the future. Great job everyone!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My debut Smog article...!

I had a lot of fun working on this smog article and getting to chat with my fellow smog writers on a 1 to 1 basis was super cool. Here's to many more smog articles in the future :)

Fun working on the smog as always, love everyone involved, especially the new artists :) (ium my baby <3)
Can't wait till next issue to do another ton of work for SuperJOCKE v_v

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can't wait till next issue to do another ton of work for SuperJOCKE v_v
Me neither. (:

This was probably the most fun issue I've been involved with, quite possibly because it was the first time I wrote an article for the Smog (GP cheking is fun too though). Two on top of that. :P

It was a pleasure working with you all again. Ritter, you are the best.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, we article writers have it easy. It's great fun being creative and writing whatever interests you, but I really respect the GP checkers, HTML people and artists who have to do their job regardless. Thanks guys! Looking forward to next issue.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
eeeEEEEE~ my baby on the coverrrr~

Working on this was a blast, I'm looking forward to more in the future!
can you art anyone of my articles please

Writing Ubers RMT was fun, I was the first one to write it TEEHEE. Sorry for my low amount of work this issue; I was flooded with exams. :( Good job as always team!

To be honest, this issue was one of the weakest so far in my mind. this is down to one reason: I enjoy the Entertainment and Arts/Recreation topics the most. The Arts/Recreation was lacking, no doubt due to Alchemator's untimely departure. The Entertainment was questionable. I feel the birds article was lacking and rushed, with poor reasoning.
Meh, not to degrade you guys or anything. I still respect and appreciate the effort you've put into this issue!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great issue as always. What follows is entirely nitpicky and should not be taken as an indication of how I feel about the Smog, since, as I said, it's always fantastic.

I don't know if interviews are generally left unedited by G&P, but the inner G&P member in me cringed when I read this: "After giving this bit of a nebulous answer, my attention is drawn to the hoard of people suddenly running towards us from the direction of the ocean. KG seems to pay no mind to them though."

I'm sure it was one teensy mistake that slipped through amongst the hundreds that were corrected and I totally think G&P does amazing work to maintain the quality of articles onsite. But I noticed that one.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
clicking "Home" underneath the Kanto/Unova comparison article redirects to smog/smog22/ instead of smog/issue22
Fixed. Thanks for bringing this up!

I feel the birds article was lacking and rushed, with poor reasoning.
caw

one teensy mistake
Fixed.

---

I wanted to say thank you to all of the workers for this issue of The Smog. It was my first time contributing as a staff member, but I already feel at home with how diligent, hardworking, and talented you all are. The public doesn't see how hard you guys work to get all this content written up, drawn, and coded, but you are all stars in my book. Special mentions go out to Bummer for doing an incredible job with leading Pokemon Biology now, and Django for writing what is probably the coolest RMT to ever hit The Smog (Featured NU RMT with icepick doing some killer paintings). I can't wait to work with you all again in the future. Good job everyone =)

And for all you aspiring contributors out there, have you ever wanted to write for The Smog? Check out this thread for more information. Don't limit yourself when it comes to creativity; we'd love articles that run the whole gambit of Pokemon, from in-game guides and thoughts to competitive battling coverage. Smogon culture is also a great thing to write about; things like forum projects, crazy antics of PS! moderators, and other tidbits about Smogon are all welcome. So if you've got a cool idea, pitch it to Setsuna and myself with a PM. We'd love to have you on board!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Great job guys !

I had fun doing the interview even though i guess i can't spell horde !

birkal is indeed a butt !

!

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
Aww awesome! I won the Trivia along with Coronis! :D

Thanks to the guys at the Smog for doing a great job! Look forward to more publications from you guys :)

PS: Who do I PM for my Custom User Title? Any of the admins?

Really cool issue guys. Really loved the Minecraft and pokemon biology articles. Some others said this but this issue did feel a bit shortened. Don't know if this is a bad ing if it means more frequent issues. Overall B+ another great issue with a perfect amount of variety.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It means more frequent issues. They're going to be monthly instead of bi-monthly, and they'll be on time!

Edit: I read that as a question before, now I'm not so sure. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)