Issue #21 Feedback Poll!

Which were your favorite Smog articles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
HEY YOU WHATCHU GON' DO

Hi everyone! We at The Smog are always looking for some feedback, so here's another polling thread. Post some feedback here and we'll take it into consideration for future issues.

Some questions to keep in mind:
  • What are your favorite articles? Why?
  • What can we do to improve for future issues?
  • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover?

If you have any more questions or things you'd like to address, please feel free, but remember to justify your opinions! In addition, please try to keep everything civil. Keep all criticism constructive and not disparaging! Thanks.

Favorite article? Why?
I liked the Pokemon Biology article, because it made me think of the more scientific aspects of Pokemon, aspects, one usually overlooks.
Anything to improve?
Well, I'd prefer a shortr wait time(who wouldn't) but I understand it's necessary to preserve quality. Quality over quantity and stuff.
Suggestions?
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything. Keep up the good work!

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HEY YOU WHATCHU GON' DO
PARTY PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE LET'S GO
IT'S YOUR BOY JAYSKI AIGHT SO

I really like this issue because we provided such a diverse array of topics, but in the end most of the emphasis lies in competitive metagaming.

I personally when reading the finished articles, don't have that much interest in things such as Featured RMTs, but that's my opinion. Of course, I counter that by writing non-competitive things such as TCG and Orange Islands, so all is good I guess!

I personally love this issue. I thought it was the best issue yet!

Also love how one of my threads got mentioned in it!

Favourite article: nu cores
and mon biology.
I also liked the "praise" of zard for ubers players lol :)

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is seriously one of the greatest issues of the smog TILL DATE. I have read every issue of the smog and imo 7-10 was the best issues with 10 arguably the best. But this issue blows all of them out of the water tbh. Superb stuff !!

Honestly the only article I didn't enjoy was the "Bottom of the Barrel" article. A lot of it rings true, but It really comes off as being elitist and hostile for no apparent reason.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, that article was slightly harsh.

I really liked the entertainment articles (who didn't) Oglemi's Bottom 10 list made me really hungry though, because he's always talking about food. Top 10 most used moves in OU was also interesting; it really showcased how much 'offensive OU' relies on one of Stall's greatest tools. Go figure.

I loved the issue, but the IRC Survival Guide article freaked me out about going onto IRC. Even with blarajan and Ray Jay both inviting me, I was terrified, and phoopes had to force me to go on it the same night.

To sum up, try to make things like that less terrifying. You make IRC sound like it's a graveyard for your social status.

Also, some more articles on LC would be nice. I was upset when there was no Featured LC RMT. I know it's not a popular tier but it stills rocks ;_;

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
- Favourite Articles/Why?
Everything in Entertainment is always epic :P
It was interesting how you fused metagame articles with humour (as always)
- Improve for future issues?
MOAR ARTICLES @@@@@ + Interview Zarel.
- What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover?
Nothing that I can think of >.>

This magazine was a good 'un, as always. Shame the delay of two months is irratating. I'd prefer more Entertainment and Arts and Recreation articles myself, but that's just my opinion.

I liked the Bottom of the Barrel and the Charizard article (funny, wasn't charizard in the Bottom of the Barrel?). I had no idea that many people use Freeze Burn Kyurem-W. Or Stone Edge Zekrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)