Issue #20 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

A little over two months have passed since the last issue was released. Today we're bringing to you a new one, and it is our most successful release to date. Featuring a grand total of 41 articles and over 60 art pieces made specifically for the Smog, issue #20 is one that I am sure you will enjoy reading. Of course, all of our recurring articles such as Judge A Pokemon, Featured Type, Featured RMTs, and the Interviews are back with new stories and information to share with you, but we also have new articles. The Pokemon Biology, the top 20 Memorable Articles in the Smog, Introduction to Triple Battles, How to Control Luck, and Underrated Movesets are some off the top of my head, and of course we also have the results of the Smog Awards ready for you to check them out! Really, among 41 articles, what can't you find? I'm sure it's not a lot!

Now, this is a very special release for us, for several reasons. Not only have we reached two new milestones—once again—with the number of articles and the artwork that we're featuring this issue, but we have also become a magazine that's been live on the Internet for three years. This is all an absolutely amazing achievement, and I want to shout a big "Thank you!" to all of you out there who have contributed to the Smog and to our readers too — without you the Smog would not be such a success. Keep up the good work!

I am thrilled with our team's work. And we are going to continue making the best online Pokemon magazine in the world. Cheers!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fantastic work everyone, I was pleasured to take part in this issue as well!

Thanks to everyone who voted for me in the Smog Awards, as well as to all the readers and contributors who have supported The Smog throughout its twenty issues. I've been involved with probably a majority of them, and every issue I am impressed by how much it's grown from Issue 1. And, like last time, special thanks to the last-minute artists (particularly Fatecrashers and Birkal) and GPers who made release possible. ^_^

Yes, my constant nagging about interviewing Haunter finally worked!

Great issue as always, thanks to all contributors! I'll update Article Index asap.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I loved the format used for our interview. Congrats to Setsuna and to all those who contributed to this issue.

Mock Smog Awards said:
Best Ladderer

Winner:
BKC

Runner-up:
Taylor

His unorthodox tactics are sure to shock and astound you! With his fiery hot ladder streaks, BKC sure puts the Blazin in Blazin Kickin Chicken. He doesn't do much Kickin, though; that part's done by ShinyAzelf, and Taylor is the real Chicken for fleeing ladder matches against him. Hide your kids, hide your wife, and register your alt accounts cause he's rapin' everybody out here.

hahahaha I liked that

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Mock Smog Awards was quality +++.

Excellent work again, it was a pleasure to read those articles.

yay, my question got accepted :)
This issue was really nice. I love the most dangerous pokemon article... though If you send a pokeball at Aggron, dont you have 10 seconds while it shakes a couple times? Or are you required to stand and watch it shake, and say, "aw so close afterwards"? Either way, good job.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
So excited that it finally has been released. Good work everyone and thanks to the Smog team for helping me with my artice!! :D

(a special shoutout to jumpluff who helped me get started)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
This just in:

[12:31pm] Daenym: I stopped reading your article in the first sentence
[12:31pm] Daenym: since it's clearly outdated
[12:31pm] Daenym: mentions DST

SUE ME.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Great issue, best one was the most dangerous Pokemon and the interview with Haunter, good job on 20 issues you guys!

Great work you guys, did a large skim over everything, and this is gonna be a good one to read over the toilet / classroom / whenever I have the chance to read every single section of it.

I'm kinda interested in contributing to it sometime in the future too :>

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for everyone who voted for me for the Smog Awards.

Great issues guys, congrats to all of the smog award winners, and good work with this issue. It was a pleasure to read.

Bloo completely murked everyone lmao, da boss.

There's just nothing better than a good smog to relax with before dozing of to sleep :)
and the name is somehow ridiculously funny to me, anyways good job beautiful people!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd like to make a special shoutout to Yilx for doing the art for my article, it looks completely badass onsite, and I honestly couldn't be happier how it turned out. Thank you so much Yilx for putting so much time into it, you're a complete boss.

And thank you to anyone who voted for me for the Smog awards, despite that I didn't win anything, I got to see the votes when we were compiling them, and the fact that I at least got some votes was heartwarming lol.

Congrats on 20 issues The Smog, and thank you to the workhorses (you guys know who you are) who really made this issue possible!

Thanks to everyone who played a roll getting this issue off the ground. I particularly enjoyed the locopoke alt roll call and the Theorymon bit in the fake awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)