Issue #19 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
good job guys, pleasure to work with you all again!!

apologising alongside chou for the jap trouble. my first time sitting it out... oof...

ILL BE SURE TO BE BACK NEXT TIME STRONGER THAN EVER

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Good work to everyone on this Smog, there was so much content this time! And I'm glad to see the positive reactions to my article as well! You can bet there'll be more Top 10 articles coming your way soon :)

I believe there is a mistake in the Flying Pokemon analysis, it says that once Moxie Salamence get's a well timed Outage kill it can ride it through. Unless I'm mistaken, Dream World Salamence cannot learn Outrage.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to all of our hard Smog workers! This is the first issue that I've been personally involved in, and wow was it a blast. The Smog community is very encouraging and supportive. They're also creative and willing to help you flesh out some ideas. I can't wait to work with you guys in the future =)

I believe there is a mistake in the Flying Pokemon analysis, it says that once Moxie Salamence get's a well timed Outage kill it can ride it through. Unless I'm mistaken, Dream World Salamence cannot learn Outrage.
This is not true! The combination of Moxie and Dragon Dance + Outrage is what is illegal within competitive play. This means that if you want to use Moxie, you much choose one move or the other. If you're curious about how this works, check out the Salamence analysis, specifically the Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf sets.

Congratulations to all of our hard Smog workers! This is the first issue that I've been personally involved in, and wow was it a blast. The Smog community is very encouraging and supportive. They're also creative and willing to help you flesh out some ideas. I can't wait to work with you guys in the future =)

This is not true! The combination of Moxie and Dragon Dance + Outrage is what is illegal within competitive play. This means that if you want to use Moxie, you much choose one move or the other. If you're curious about how this works, check out the Salamence analysis, specifically the Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf sets.
Is there a problem on PO then? Maybe my version is outdated? It says the move and ability are incompatible...

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
have you tried updating to the latest version? i have used moxie outrage mence on the latest version and it totally works

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Thx again for all the hard work you've all done to bring us this awesome issue, it's always a pleasure to read them.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Honchkrow article is critically flawed.

Honchkrow has 71 Base Speed, so it actually can outspeed Magneton (not much else though). Need to do the research, guys.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to say my congrats for pulling this off, guys! 40 articles with ton of artwork! GOOD STUFF

haha i like some of the art Honchrow article and the how moves work especially the pic of the jacked up on caffeine from worry seed Ursaring

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The Smog has always been like a fine meal to me.

Issue #19 is gigantic cake, with hamburgers and fries on the side with 2 drinks. I have no idea where to start, but I find its usual best if you just go at it without thinking about it too much. I ended up enjoying pretty much every article. You guys kickass, if a print copy existed i'd collect all copies.

I don't have a particular favorite, but shoutouts go to Oglemi's section, it had me in tears the entire time.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Once again, I greatly enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with the wonderful staff and my friends at The Smog. To the general public: rest assured the next issue will be even more awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)