Issue #18 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tsk, and yet another happy occasion is ruined by unhappy news. Proud to be a pessimist.

Well, in all seriousness, R_D, I feel safe in assuming that we'll all miss you too. It's been nice to have somebody so capable around and dare I say in charge, and the world's a worse place now. Though I have complete confidence in Setsuna & co.

On the plus side, this is a fantastic issue to end on. Excellent work to all concerned.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you for being such a star RD and keeping the smog alive! It was my baby for a while (tangerine if you see this fu!!!) and I'm glad to see it's still going strong. Good luck Setsuna, you'll do a great job.

Another a great issue as always....

R_D has put a huge amount of effort into the sight over the past few years, and Good luck in where ever life takes you!

As much as I hate to be nitpicky...

Weather in Ubers" article]The most blatantly obvious factor is the fact that Kyogre has access to the absolutely strongest move in the game (barring a Flash Fire-boosted Eruption from Choice Specs Quiet Heatran in the sun): Water Spout.[/quote] [URL="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rollout_%28move%29 said:
Not quite (scroll down to trivia)[/URL]. Don't forget the Defense Curl'd 5th hit of Rollout from a Power Tricked Shuckle holding Metronome, which hits for a whopping 2016 base power (960 of Rollout+Defense Curl x 1.4 of the 5th hit from Metronome x 1.5 STAB). This is even without the other factors that could make it even more damaging, like Helping Hand, Flower Gift in the sun in doubles, Skill Swapped Huge Power, a critical hit, or using a Mimiced Me First on something else using Defense Curl+Rollout combo. If we're going to be specific about that Heatran, we can't forget lil (essentially) 230 base Attack Skuckle with its 2016 base power move.

EDIT:
At below, then specify that in the article instead of just saying "the absolutely strongest move in the game". If that's the case, that Heatran comparison requires the "set up" of switching in to a Fire move, too.

The difference is that Shuckle requires setup, Kyogre does not. (That is kind of the point; the article is actually correct)

Also, thanks for all the warm feelings guys! I'm glad that you are enjoying this issue and think I did a good job in my time here. :3

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
good job to everyone that made this article possible, and it's been awesome getting to know you R_D and I hope you still come around every now and then to say hi!

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Once again, this was an excellent issue, and as usual I want to take a couple seconds to congratulate all the Smog users who contributed to this issue and helped made it yet another successful edition -- you're all great.

Rising_Dusk: you've been an astounding headitor, and I can't really stress this enough. I tried my best to keep you here with us for a little longer and it is real sadness to see you part, but at the same time I understand your reasons for doing so and that's fair enough. ;) And well, now I finally took over the PayPal account, at least...

Anyway, thanks everyone. I love the Smog and I'll keep doing my best to contribute to and lead this successful online magazine. Cheers!

Can someone please explain to me why the Salamence on the cover is pink? Its been bothering me cause shiny Salamences are green so I don't get it....

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
obviously you just have had bad luck with your salamences because the strongest and best ones are pink

(answer: because i felt like it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)