Is Pachirisu actually good in Doubles OU?

Are They Good?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh Maybe

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In DOU (Double OU) there are many Pokemon that many people look over and one of them being Pachirisu! reason i ask this is because (From Pikalytics) Only 0.09% of Players use Pachirisu which im guessing if because of its BST but from my own research they can actually be good in Rain teams using Electric Terrain helping out with Pokemon such as Luxray, Rotom-W and more as this is a set i'm using now (Not the best but if edit it if you want!)
Pachirisu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electric Terrain
- Helping Hand
- Follow Me
- Volt Switch
If you are going to use this set then your welcome and i will post again on another special Pokemon that is good as well So Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hello! Posts like these don't require their own thread, it would be better suited to the Q&A thread or the metagame discussion thread. With regards to Pachirisu, you are correct that it in large part not used to its low BST (which is a very important factor to a Pokemon's viability). Follow Me is a strong move, and the best move on Pachirisu, but 60/70/90 bulk is quite underwhelming so bulkier redirectors like Rage Powder Amoonguss (which also has Regenerator and Spore) or even Volcarona (which also has Tailwind) are better. On rain teams Amoonguss is still better (and benefits from rain weakening its major weakness to Fire), while Luxray is also unviable and Rotom-W is quite fringe. Manual Electric Terrain is not worth setting, but this generation the main reason to use it would be with Quark Drive Pokemon, and FYI Rotom-W doesn't benefit from terrain since you need to be grounded to gain the bonuses but Rotom has levitate. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)