Is it hot in here or what?
By SevenSeasYT and Hi1080

1675473628080.png
1675473988893.png
1675474412405.png
1675476152183.png
1675476244983.png
1675478428360.png

Hello again :), I came up with this team last night with another person, SevenSeasYT, and wanted to
post an RMT of this team to see if others would want to use it. We came up with the idea when I couldn't decide what type of team to make of HO/Balance, and helped me with a weather team. Obvious mons that are going to be seen are Torkoal and Fluttermane! :)

1675473628080.png

Torkoal (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
- Clear Smog
- Protect

Torkoal, The only good sun setter this gen, unfortunately, but at least we get to see this slow boy some use in TR teams as well. Relaxed nature to capitalize on Torkoals amazing defensive stat already and to punish TR teams, and Yawn to sleep potential threats, Lava plume as just a chip move, Clear smog for donbozo teams, and Protect in order to not be punished T1/T2 for being the core of your team. Tera Dark instantly punishes Prankster Taunts such as Grimm.

1675473988893.png

Lilligant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Pollen Puff
- Synthesis
- Protect

Lilligant, Personally a mon I never had a second thought of it till Seven told me how it's one of the best Chlorophyll users. I wanted to make it something that could deal devastating damage quickly, a glass cannon if you will, due to its atrocious but better than most cannons' defensives. It cant really spare a point in its speed if you go modest, needing a timid nature to put 4 in HP/Spdef if needed. Pollen Puff to support your other duo, most preferably Torkoal, Synthesis and protect to spare you and stay alive, and solar beam as a devasting 120 + STAB no charge move in the sun. Tera Grass in case you want to capitalize on the 2.0x STAB Solar Beam.

1675474412405.png

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire

Fluttermane is a mon that I loved when Gen 9 OU first happened, such an overpowered mon yet such a nice design and concept of misdreavus! It has an amazing Special defense and attack, + its natural speed pairs well with a proto-speed, and specs build. Shadow Ball for STAB, Dazzling Gleam for Duo hits such as IH and RM this meta and Moonblast for donbozo + Mystical Fire for Gholdengo. Teratype Fairy for STAB Moonblast/Gleam to help with a guaranteed OHKO. Glad to have this mon on the team as it's one I enjoyed using and an all-time favorite from the paradoxes.

1675476152183.png

Rotom-Heat @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge

This is a pokemon that I overlooked and forgot about it, but I'm still testing it out due to us thinking it was going to be a Bulky Spdef/SpA powerhouse... We realized we had two special attackers and a defensive option, yet no way to counter the special attackers themselves. Thus the idea of Rotom-heat, which benefits from sun-boosted overheat and gets a nice boost in Spdef with forms. Its ability and typing resist EQ and Lava Plume, + Other Fluttermanes with Fairy moves. Volt Switch for pivoting, Overheat to deal massive Damage, Shadowball to deal with flutter mane possibly, and Discharge when paired with Great Tusk.

1675476244983.png

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Wild Charge
- Horn Leech
- Play Rough

Sawsbuck is a physical attacker we desperately needed that could take out its threats and deal amazing damage such as OHKO Flutter mane w/ Smart Strike w/ Life Orb.
The 196 EV Spe Stat helps with outspeeding all its threats and making it a little bulky even, helping survive some hits. The moves help it have amazing coverage and Horn leech helps so much with the life steal. Tera Fairy again, if paired with Torkoal to resist Plume and in turn, STAB Play Rough against Hydreigon or some other mons this meta.

1675478428360.png

Great Tusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Ice Spinner
- Iron Head

Lastly, a beast we all love, and an amazing pokemon overall, Great Tusk! :) This is another mon I used in OU which I enjoyed extensively. It had such an amazing moveset and coverage and could do so much more w/ its great speed and attack stat. Proto-Attack deals extra damage along with the coverage, Earthquake to OHKO Gholdengo, Ice Spinner for coverage, same w/ Iron Head, and Brick Break as a decent fighting move to help to replace the defense drops on CC.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I appreciate it and hope to get good advice :)

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7f451d3de9e72179

Well you should've waited at least close to 2 weeks since the other rmt but nvm. Sash is fine, why synthesis on lilligant though?

Dark pulse isn't plainly better on rotom-h than shadow ball, but depending on what's threatening it might be slightly better. For the flinch mainly.

Well you should've waited at least close to 2 weeks since the other rmt but nvm. Sash is fine, why synthesis on lilligant though?

Dark pulse isn't plainly better on rotom-h than shadow ball, but depending on what's threatening it might be slightly better. For the flinch mainly.
shit really? my bad, and thanks, Ill replace those rn

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
I think an occuring issue is that you use too many moves that affect your ally as well, but don't have enough immunities/protect to make up for it. Eq/Discharge combo is nice, but you're using it with Protect-less Flutter Mane, protectless Sawsbuck, and Protect-less Great Tusk definitely doesn't like having to take Lava Plume from your own Torkoal.

So you should probably start by removing Lava Plume on Torkoal altogether; although the burn chance is nice, your team is simply not built to handle the lava plumes. (if there were like a Flash Fire mon it would make some sense, but you dont) Heat Wave/Eruption would be better. If you want to use both fire moves(aka changing Torkoal to more of an offensive spread) you should probably run Charcoal on it and drop Yawn. If you want to keep it as more of a defensive spread, just using Heat Wave>Lava Plume should be fine (and Eject Button could be considered as an option too)

Then, I think you're missing out on two big moves Lilligant gets, Sleep Powder and After You. The former is super important, sleep is HUGE and if a pokemon gets a sleep-inducing move, you should run it like 90% of the time. Sythnesis doesn't really do much in a game, so I'd recommend using Sleep Powder over that. Then, After You is something that takes advantage of Lilligant's blitzing fast speed under the harsh sunlight, making its slower teammates like Torkoal and Great Tusk move first by using it on your partner. After You is a little bit more optional, but you can use it over Pollen Puff.

With Flutter Mane, I think you really might want to use Protect on it, considering your EQ Great Tusk. Try a Life Orb set instead of Specs. I'm not completely sure what move you'd swap out for it, but it definitely won't be Shadow Ball.

Sawsbuck running Wild Charge looked a bit odd to me; does it hit anything in particular? If not, good ol' reliable Protect would be much better over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)