SV Ubers Iron Bundle team help

Chapter 1: introduction
I decided eventually to go play in another format after having so much fun back in ou. I attempted this with uu, but with the lack of knowledge about anything in that tier, I went to ubers instead with a lot better results in 15 matches. During that session, I decided to use an experimental team to help me observe the meta and notice what I'm weak to so far. Technically, this is my second ubers team, but the first one is now outdated since that team was mainly just to ease me into pokemon showdown in general. With that out of the way, I'll share with you my team:

Chapter 2: the team

Iron Bundle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

This was the first pokemon I thought of when building this team. I always loved dragapult back in OU and specs Iron Bundle is very similar to it. It can tear through so much of the metagame while being super speedy. The typing also helps out since a speedy ice type in a metagame full of dragons is awesome, with the addition of hydro pump to hit massive neutral damage. Its so satisfying when iron bundle gets to sweep half of the opponent's team. Overall, an invaluable member of my team. Also, I put a jolly nature on it since there were some times where it just barely didn't do enough damage.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Kingambit always felt like an ubers pokemon to me, so what better way to show it off than to use it in ubers? Turns out for me, very awesome. For one of the few physical attackers in the metagame, Kingamit really shines, catching opportunities to swords dance or simply finishing off a low health pokemon with sucker punch. It can even tera to ignore its glaring fighting weakness. I chose fire since most people are expecting something like tera fairy or tera dark. Overall, a great physical late game sweeper.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Recover

Another great physical sweeper that can turn into a powerhouse even after one dragon dance. With regieleki and miraidon running all over the metagame, arceus can serve as a decent check in the right conditions. I added in Tera fairy for this reason in case miraidon has an idea of using draco meteor. It can also survive hits too, in which it can also use recover to get back into a better position. In a way, it reminds me of baxcalibur back in ou, but a lot more useful. Overall, a very awesome pokemon in my team.

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

The tank in my team since I needed some bulk. I also added some heavy duty boots since my team right now are all damaged by spikes and similar. Skeledirge can safely switch into Korriadon, another formitable foe in the tier, and take care of it with will o wisp and hex. Thats not even mentioning how much it can snowball out of control with torch song too. It can also function as a support to if needed since its so bulky, not caring about a boosted arceus attack (unless its arceus ground). I can definetly see why Skeledirge is so popular in usage as of right now.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 132 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

A utility pokemon was still missing on my team and I thought Giratina was a good option for the job. I needed a switch in to ground types anyways, so Giratina can help with that as well. It can serve as a secondary support to, adding thunder waves to opponents who dare to switch in. Draco meteor can also make sure giratina isn't a passive pokemon either, dealing great damage to everything in its path. A pretty good utility pokemon, although I could consider corviknight as well.

Miraidon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

The obvious choice since everyone is either running Miriadon, Koraidon or both. I choose Miraidon mainly because of how powerful it can be, even without tera. Its Hardon Engine ability also helps it support iron bundle if needed, boosting its attack even higher. I mainly stuck with the pivot set since I was still weak to hazards and Miraidon seems strong enough as is. Once again, draco meteors ensure that nothing can safely switch into it without taking a good chunk of damage (unless a fairy type switches in). Eletro drift is a good finisher and U turn helps it deal a bit of extra damage whenever I need to switch to a better position.

Chapter 3: threats

Chi yu: it's simply way too fast and hits through resists way to hard for anything on my team to be a reliable check. Much less a switch in.

Double dance and scarf miraidon: once it gets those 2 dances up, it's over. There's not much my team can do against it. Same goes with scarf miraidon.

Hazards: even with 2 hazard resists and giratina, my team is still pretty weak to them, especially stealth rock which chips a whole lot of my team.

Fairies: just something I've been noticing since I realize that I don't really have much checks to fairy types.

I wouldn't mind anyone changing up anything on my team as long as iron bundle is kept in since to me, it's still a very powerful early game sweeper. Thanks to everyone and have a nice day!

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Hey! First off to start, I like your general ideas for the team. If you want to focus on Iron Bundle, we can definitely do that. However, I think some of the partners you have chosen for it are not ideal, especially when factoring in the traits Iron Bundle usually brings to the table.

To start off, lets look at this six:
:iron-bundle: :kingambit: :arceus: :skeledirge: :giratina-origin: :miraidon:

Miraidon + Iron Bundle is a tried and true combo, especially the Miraidon set you chose.

Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

For this Iron Bundle set, I really recommend Timid. I know that Iron Bundle has power issues at times, but its entire niche is being faster than Koraidon and Miraidon, and running Modest makes it significantly worse into those guys and Eternatus, especially considering its lack of bulk.

I'd also make Miraidon run Tera Dragon or Tera Fairy. Tera Water is primarily a pre-home set used on Pelipper rain builds, and this team has no rain setter nor Tera Blast, so I'd recommend to not run that tera type.

So with Miraidon + Iron Bundle out of the way, lets focus on the rest. You need checks to Zacian / Koraidon / Miraidon. I see that the first two are covered by Skeledirge, which works out well. However, you have no fairy type on this team. This makes the Miraidon matchup incredibly difficult and even a bit tougher to play vs Koraidon. I'd suggest making your Arceus-Ground into Arceus-Fairy with CM, which can take advantage of Bundle + Miraidon breaking for it. Also, I'd recommend Tera Water on Skeledirge as Tera Fairy makes the MU vs Koraidon + Zacian tough.

Now we look at the last two. You definitely want Ting-Lu over Kingambit, as Kingambit doesn't really fit well on this build. Ting-Lu checks Miraidon while providing a source of hazards for this team (which pairs well with Iron Bundle).
I'd also make Giratina-O Tera Steel, which has a nicer profile into Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian for this team.

Here is the updated paste, let me know if you have any questions.
https://pokepast.es/d77b2e7ba1289d74

Hey! First off to start, I like your general ideas for the team. If you want to focus on Iron Bundle, we can definitely do that. However, I think some of the partners you have chosen for it are not ideal, especially when factoring in the traits Iron Bundle usually brings to the table.

Miraidon + Iron Bundle is a tried and true combo, especially the Miraidon set you chose.

Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

For this Iron Bundle set, I really recommend Timid. I know that Iron Bundle has power issues at times, but its entire niche is being faster than Koraidon and Miraidon, and running Modest makes it significantly worse into those guys and Eternatus, especially considering its lack of bulk.

I'd also make Miraidon run Tera Dragon or Tera Fairy. Tera Water is primarily a pre-home set used on Pelipper rain builds, and this team has no rain setter nor Tera Blast, so I'd recommend to not run that tera type.

So with Miraidon + Iron Bundle out of the way, lets focus on the rest. You need checks to Zacian / Koraidon / Miraidon. I see that the first two are covered by Skeledirge, which works out well. However, you have no fairy type on this team. This makes the Miraidon matchup incredibly difficult and even a bit tougher to play vs Koraidon. I'd suggest making your Arceus-Ground into Arceus-Fairy with CM, which can take advantage of Bundle + Miraidon breaking for it. Also, I'd recommend Tera Water on Skeledirge as Tera Fairy makes the MU vs Koraidon + Zacian tough.

Now we look at the last two. You definitely want Ting-Lu over Kingambit, as Kingambit doesn't really fit well on this build. Ting-Lu checks Miraidon while providing a source of hazards for this team (which pairs well with Iron Bundle).
I'd also make Giratina-O Tera Steel, which has a nicer profile into Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian for this team.

Thanks so much. Have an excellent day!

Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Also, do you know how to use giratina? I sometimes struggle with using it at times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)