Challenge IRIDESCENCE: Emerald Battle Tower 2500+ wins Team!

Hello! Here we are: after a few tries, this script has finally been posted.

As everyone who's probably reading such stuff, I've grown up playing Pokémon Emerald and I'm completely in love with it.
I've started then to competitively approach to the best postgame adventure ever: The Battle Frontier!

My favourite Facility has always been the Tower, known as "unbeatable" in Emerald because of the insane ammount of hax in Gen III.

After I'd broken the 1000 wins wall with my previous team, I've lately come up with a completely different and really effective strategy, and so I'm going to present you an open streak of 2527 wins on Pokémon Emerald Battle Tower Singles at Lv.50. Without further ado, here we go with the team:

IRIDESCENCE

Skarmory Shiny sprite from Black & White
Blissey Shiny sprite from Black & White
Latios Shiny sprite from Black & White

After a lot of brainstorming on Discord with other veterans, I've decided to explore a completely different approach from my previous builts.
In particular, I was trying to design a team able to exploit Struggle mechanics in Gen III: the recoil for a Struggle user is 1/3 of the dealt damage, while from Gen IV it has been increased to 25% of total HPs. Thanks to this, an opponent lead can be stalled out of all of its PPs, and then one still has a lot of turns to actually setup in Emerald, while from Diamond/Pearl and so on it only has 3-4 turns.
This is the main advantage of Gen III over the latter ones and in my opinion it was incredible that nobody had already abused this mechanic.

So my purpose was to build a team able to check and stall every kind of opponent lead, letting then room for my selected sweeper to fully set-up behind a Substitute and attempt to sweep.
I had different issues in the teambuilding process.
One option was to run 1 staller and 2 sweepers, but I quickly discarded it because of the huge variety of threats in Emerald Tower: there are too many unexpected mixed Attackers, OHKO moves and hax items to let a single Pokémon handle them all.
I focused then on a team with 2 defensive members and 1 sweeper.

One must always keep in mind that the best core available in Gen III is by far Steel + Water (or Blissey, basically a Water/Ice Resist) + Dragon (basically another Fire Resist, better if Immune to Ground and with Fighting Resistance). If you check out the records on the thread, almost every team runs this core.
Starting from this, I immediately thought about a SkarmBliss defensive core with Calm Mind Latias as the preferred sweeper, thanks to her better bulk compared to her brother.
After a few calcs, I immediately noticed that this team was very weak to Sword Dance sweepers (especially Marowak and Armaldo), since Skarmory is just Neutral to Rock and can't really harm them.
Worried about it, I tried to find the solution in the wrong direction (the right one has been working on Skarm moveset, as you'll see later). So I put Vaporeon on Blissey spot: its better Physical bulk, acces to Charm and Water STAB seemed really appealing to me.
So this was the first prototype of the team.

Skarmory  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire
Vaporeon  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire
Latias  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

Some veterans on the server expected this team to take a more "traditional" route, with a Latias fast lead, Toxic+Counter Skarmory and Ice Beam Vaporeon.
What I've decided to do in this theorymoning phase has been the key of this team success.
I've put Skarm in leading position and I've decided to bet on what's become the best move of my entire team: Torment.
This fully-passive Skarmory is my best set ever in my opinion.
Nowadays a lot of players use a Sturdy Steel (Skarmory/Steelix) with Chesto Rest/Protect/Torment/Phaze, and this makes me really proud for this innovation.
Thanks to Torment and Protect, Skarmory can stall out a completely new range of opponents, while also easing a lot of matchups for teammates too. I used to run SubTect Vaporeon (with Wish and Surf) and Sub Latias (with Calm Mind/Recover/Dragon Claw of course), and I immediately noticed how OP Torment was in this kind of archetype.
Sadly, this team was too weak on the Special side: a lot of enemies carry BoltBeam coverage, that hits my whole team for SE damages.
Blissey was really mandatory, and then Kommo-o suggested me to invest more on Latias SpA to ensure the 2HKO on Marowak.
So I updated the team, with a more offensive Latias and Blissey in Vaporeon's spot.

Blissey  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire
Latias  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

I started to see some potential in this built while testing.
I used a Bold Skarmory with 244 HP / 180+ Def / 80 SpD / 4 Spe and Chesto Berry, a fast Timid Lefties Blissey (another creation which I'm really proud of) with 52 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD / 172+ Spe and Lum Berry Latias with 172 HP / 12 Def / 104 SpA / 220 Spe.
Blissey had Substitute and Soft-Boiled, and then 2 unpopular moves: Protect and Hail.
While the first one may seem redundant but acceptable with Torment Skarm lead, Hail must be explained.
My main fear while playing was Registeel 4/5: those sets have Double Team, Leftovers and Latias at +6 can barely score a 3HKO vs. them.
If it grabs some Evasion boosts and it is the last opponent, it suddenly becomes unphazeable and, in the worst scenario, unbeatable since it recovers with Leftovers more HP than what it loses by Struggle recoil, causing then an infinite match or, in other words, a loss for me.
Hail was my emergency button vs. it, since it negates Leftovers recovery, making then Registeel die by self recoil.
It may seems crazy, but on my first IRIDESCENCE run I faced this scenario twice (TWICE).
I've tried a serious run with this team, and I've lost at Battle 651 vs. a leading Whiscash 4 (Quick Claw with Fissure/Surf/Ice Beam/Earthquake).
It basically overcome Skarmory thanks to a Critical Hit from STAB Surf, Quick Claw triggered on Fissure vs. Blissey and then I was greedy with Latias (I had 75% of OHKO with Dragon Claw at +3, but I tried a full set-up process and I get destroyed by a QC CH from Ice Beam).
It was a cursed match for sure, but I misplayed too and then I stopped playing for a while.

Now I don't want to lie, what lighted me up again was Kommo-o 's brilliant team. I immediately saw all of his team's potential and I was sure it would have been able to beat my previous world record, and so he did.
I was still a bit disappointed by how my previous IRIDESCENCE run ended, so I gave it another shot.
I did a few updates. First of all, a SpA invested Latias already had a name: Latios.

Blissey  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire
Latios  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

I immediately switched the twins, and I run a Def invested Latios in sweeper role. Also keep in mind that an uninvested Latios reaches 150 SpA, while my old Latias with 104 SpA EVs reached just 143.
Then I decided to better invest on Skarmory Special bulk, since I noticed that it had to land needed Torment a lot of times vs. relatively weak Special Attackers (Walrein 3/4, Espeon, Wishcah 3/4 for example). So i updated its spread with 252 HP / 140+ Def / 116 SpD.
Lastly, I changed one move on Blissey moveset, and I feel like this was a "Torment-like" gamechanging update.
I've abandoned Hail since Latios can score a way cleaner 3HKO on Registeel 4/5, and I've picked Growl in its spot.
If you've watched one of my videos, the most recurring phrase is by far "Growl is amazing", and for good reasons.
First seen on a Blissey set from Kommo-o, I can't stress out to say how incredible this move is.
It has 64 PPs (!), which makes it the ultimate spammable move in stall wars that Blissey has already won (for example vs. every Special Attackers, like Lati@s, Gengar, Starmie, Alakazam and so on). Moreover, paired with Torment from Skarmory, it lets Blissey handle a completely new huge pool of Physical/Mixed opponents, that cannot break through her with reduced Atk.
In the end, it also helps Latios a lot in the set-up process vs -6 Atk baits, since Struggle is considered a 50 BP Physical move.
Once again, Growl is amazing.

This is basically the team that has carried me into thousands wins.

Skarmory icon

Skarmory on leading postion is by far the true star of the team.
Thanks to Torment and Protect, it can scout and cripple almost every foe.
Whirlwind is essential since it is the only way to safely handle opponent set-up sweepers, Evasion abusers and Clear Body users.
Chesto Berry + Rest allows Skarm to withstand long matches while also stalling out Physical hitters, being its only recovery form available in Gen III.
Sturdy is an outstanding ability, since it counters the strongest form of hax in Emerald Frontier: OHKO moves.
Skarmory laughs at Lapras 7/8, Rhydons and so on, while also being one of the best Physical walls in the game.
It runs Bold Nature with 252 HP / 140+ Def / 116 SpD . A more SpD focused spead is really effective, these calcs are amazing for real:

255+ SpA Whiscash Surf vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Skarmory: 72-85 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

255+ SpA Whiscash Surf vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Skarmory on a critical hit: 145-171 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Walrein Surf vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Skarmory: 59-70 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

255+ Atk Rhydon Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Skarmory: 44-52 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

255+ SpA Espeon Psychic vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Skarmory: 48-57 (27.9 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Blissey icon

This fast Blissey is my signature set.
I run Timid Nature with 52 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD / 172+ Spe, which allows me to reach a Leftovers number (337, multiple if 16+1), while also outspeeding 105 Spe foes, mostly Nidoking 3, a scary set for a stall team.
Substitute and Protect are there to better capitalize on Torment, letting Blissey stall out 1v1 also a lot of Physical Attackers that will spend their best move on my Protect turns.
Soft-Boiled is self explanatory, while Growl is simply amazing.
As I've said before, it has 64 PPs for stall wars in which I can now save a lot of PPs from other precious moves, it lowers Atk of enemies that would've taken on Blissey 1v1 before, and mostly it eases Latios set-up a lot since Struggle uses Atk Stat in damage calculation.
While strongly Spe invested, this set is still very bulky:

255 Atk Walrein Earthquake vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 80-95 (23.7 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

255 Atk Blaziken Earthquake vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 105-124 (31.1 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

170 Atk Latios Earthquake vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 79-94 (23.4 - 27.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Arcanine Double-Edge vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 95-112 (28.1 - 33.2%) -- 89.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Latios icon

Latios is one of the single most broken Pokémons available in Emerald Frontier.
The fact that Dragon has no Immunities in Gen III allows Latios to run Calm Mind/Substitute/Recover paired with a single STAB Attack, Dragon Claw.
My set runs a Timid Nature with 172 HP / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 220+ Spe. It allows Latios to outspeed 172 Spe pool, leaving it outsped just by some Crobat/Jolteon(/Ninjask).
Lum Berry is the chosen item since Dragon Claw is a contact move and so it triggers Static/Effect Spore.
This heavy Def investment also makes Latios really bulky on the side hit by Struggle, with Substitute able to eat this move from Metagross (the strongest Struggle Latios has to face, since thanks to Clear Body its Atk cannot be lowered by Growl before).
The following defensive calcs are made on the only hits Latios might face, while the offensive ones consider a +6 SpA Dragon Claw of course:

170+ Atk Metagross Struggle vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 33-39 (18.6 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO

255+ Atk Machamp Focus Punch vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 73-87 (41.2 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

255+ Atk Machamp Focus Punch vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios on a critical hit: 148-175 (83.6 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

255+ Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 73-87 (41.2 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

255+ Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios on a critical hit: 148-175 (83.6 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

255 Atk Blaziken Brick Break vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 32-38 (18 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO

255 Atk Blaziken Rock Slide vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 43-51 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 98.3% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Electabuzz Cross Chop vs. 172 HP / 108 Def Latios: 17-20 (9.6 - 11.2%) -- possible 9HKO

+6 4 SpA Latios Dragon Claw vs. 170 HP / 170+ SpD Lapras: 183-216 (80.9 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 4 SpA Latios Dragon Claw vs. 170 HP / 170 SpD Registeel: 71-84 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 4 SpA Latios Dragon Claw vs. 170 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 124-146 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 4 SpA Latios Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Snorlax: 209-247 (88.9 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+6 4 SpA Latios Dragon Claw vs. 170 HP / 170 SpD Walrein: 209-246 (101.4 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Skarmory Shiny sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

BLEACH (Skarmory) (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 21 SpA
- Protect
- Rest
- Whirlwind
- Torment

Blissey Shiny sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

TONYA (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 21 SpA
- Protect
- Substitute
- Soft-Boiled
- Growl

Nest Ball
Latios Shiny sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

NO HALO (Latios) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 14 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Claw

This will be by far the most interesting part, and the most difficult to sum up for me indeed.
While the main startegy of this team may seem really easy and linear, there are a lot of plans B,C,D and so on required.
Patience is essential while playing this team. Every stall process must be completed at its best, even if at some point one should be tempted by the fact that Latios can set-up on a lot of enemies by himself. While this is true, this team is actually designed to reduce risks and hax, and it must be played this way.

• Of course, having just 1 Attacking move in the entire team, the Latios must be brought in just when strictly needed (most of the times, when it has to close the match). Almost every time losing Latios means losing the match, it's pretty clear.

• Latios must always find a way to set-up, there's no other way to close a match, unless 3 foes use Explosion. Until now, no match was closed without Latios at +6/+6 behind a Substitute first: there's always room for a full set-up process, the team needs to be played this way. It's not easy, it's definitely not quick.

• The most important moment in a match definitely is turn 1 opener with Skarmory.

• Protect seems the most appealing move for scouting purposes and it actually is in most of the scenarios, but giving a free turn to dangerous foes is always something to avoid. Against potential Physical set-up sweepers (Marowak, Armaldo, Snorlax, Kingdra for example), it's always better to open with Torment, since they always prefer to set-up on Skarmory. After that scouting turn, one must always phaze away opponent set-up sweepers, since it's really too risky to pick them as the bait for Latios. Even the worst Curse Flareon can destroy a passive team like mine if it gets some free boosts. Whirlwind must be selected then, but not on turn 2 of course: after a Torment, the opponent will pick an Attack, so Skarmory must Protect against set-up sweepers on turn 2, while safely phazing on turn 3, when they'll always try to grab the 2nd boost.

• Breloom is the only turn 1 Whirlwind target according to my current gameplans.

• If a dangerous Double-Team spammer appears on the lead, my gameplan is always the same lately: I don't use Whirlwind immediately, but I rather completely stall this foe out of PPs, and then I spam Whirlwind until it will hit. The opponent team have then a dead bait in it, and most of all I don't have to fear a last-foe set-up from a Registeel 4, for example.

• Swap stalling might be a risky process in Emerald Battle Tower, since the A.I. doesn't always act in a predictable way (especially at low PPs!), but Torment of course eases this trick a lot.

• The A.I. will use OHKO moves vs. Skarmory at a normal rate until Sturdy will be revealed. It also doesn't consider Ground Immunity of Skarmory. I've reported this a lot in my videos: even with other effective moves at full PPs, Earthquake is always picked a lot vs. Skarmory. This doesn't happen vs. Latios, against whom Ground moves are always used just before Struggle.

• One must also watch out for Double-Edge users, because it's always better to use Protect on this attack. Self recoil will bring the foe down before a full set-up from Latios otherwise. On the same note, Explosion is really scary. I've noticed that the A.I. tends to pick it when Skarmory health is around orange, so with protect I always try to predict it, but it is a threat indeed. Torment is great also in these specific scenarios.

• Another thing one must keep in mind is that sadly Attract bypasses Substitute. That's why my Skarmory is Male (Espeon, Machamp and Breloom are mostly Male and are the most dangerous Attract users). The fact that Latios is Male too is another upside compared to his sister.

• Metagross in an interesting foe, since it has Clear Body to block Growl, a strong self-boosting move like Meteor Mash and also Explosion. I always prefer to stall out a Metagross lead lately, and if it grabs an Atk boost in the process, I'll phaze it away when it will Struggle. I'm forced to act like this since a +1 Struggle breaks Latios Substitute, and I can't afford to try a sweep not behind a Substitute.

• Perish Song is really annoying. If a Jynx/Misdreavus lead reveals this potential set on my turn 1 Protect, it immediately becomes a phaze target on turn 2 without even thinking.

• Walrein is a tough enemy to face, since set 3/4 can force me to sacrifice Skarmory in the stalling process. I usually open with Protect, and if a potential OHKO Walrein is scouted, I have to stai in with Skarmory and land a Torment. The A.I. will use OHKO moves until Sturdy is revealed, but sometimes it just keeps spamming Surf/Ice Beam (set4), so, while Blissey can completely stall it out, I can't risk a switch into her on a Sheer Cold. To sum up, Walrein is not a threat itself, but losing Skarm in the process is risky if a Metagross appears during Latios sweep then.

• Here we are on a bad note: a +6 SpA Latios behind a Substitute is not enough to ensure a win 100% of the times. I've already shown the calcs, Latios cannot OHKO a lot of stuff, including Metagross/Snorlax, which means that if a potential set with QC breaks my Substitute while eating my first DC, I have then to switch Latios out into Skarmory because a potential Quick Claw Critical Hit may end my streak. A lot of times I was forced to stop a Latios sweep; one must not be greedy at all.

I think that this shows the main strenghts of my team: endurance and flexibility.
This is not just an "all-in" based team, like a Trick one can be, because in Gen III there is no single Pokémon able to ensure a win, even after a full set-up process and behind a Substitute.
My team is basically a strong defensive/stall team, able to withstand infinite matches with all of its members always at full health, with also a really strong wincon in Latios.
This is the key.

As I've said in my last video, there's no single opponent that can completely destroy my team, but, given how this team engine works, it's clear that a match in which I face just "Whirlwind targets" will be tough for sure.
I've already fought against 3 set-up sweepers, and the gameplan has always been to pick the less dangerous one and stall it out.
Same speech for a team with multiple Explosion users: if I lose Skarmory in the process, mispredicting Boom turns, a Metagross could then become really scary even in a 2v1 scenario.
To sum up, I think that one must always ponder dangerous teams, not single foes, while deciding match strategy with this team.
That said, there it is a list of the most annoying opponents, divided into 2 groups: dangerous leads and dangerous foes to encounter during a sweep/as the last Pokémon.

DANGEROUS LEADS:
  • Breloom icon
    Breloom is THE threat for this team in leading position. It is always a Whirlwind target on turn 1, and for good reasons: set 4 is the scariest one, it has Double Team so I can't Protect to scout "softer" set, and the combination of Spore, Quick Claw and Focus Punch (with its 20 PPs) can really screw things up. This evil set tends to open with Double Team for the first turns, so I have 2-3 shots to land my phazing move. Set 3 with Attract is really threatening too. Sets 1/2 are exploitable, but I can't afford to lose a turn scouting vs. trainers that may also have set 4.
  • Salamence icon
    Salamence, with its 8 sets, can be an annoying lead for sure. Against it, I always open with Protect since I can't afford to risk a Flamethrower from sets 7/8: they're also easily handled by Blissey if revealed. Most annoying sets are 4/5/6 with Dragon Dance. Set 4 also has Double Edge, which is problematic since it also put a timer on my potential bait. Other sets are easy to exploit, but if a Salamence opens with Dragon Dance on my turn 1 Protect, I don't attempt a stalling process and I'll proceed then to properly pahze it out. Dragon Dance is one of the worst set-up moves, since the Speed boosts also make the user hard to stall out behind a Substitute by Latios if needed.
  • Regirock icon
    Every Explosion user is threatening since I can't safely predict with Protect when it'll explode every time. Regirock has 3 sets with Explosion, STAB on Rock Slide and it also has the most annoying Ability my team can face: Clear Body, that completely stops Blissey from lowering its Atk.
  • Jynx icon
    Misdreavus icon
    These two weak Special Attackers are walled all day long by Blissey, but sadly Jynx 2 / Misdreavus 3 have the notorious Perish Song + Mean Look combo. Against them, I always use Protect on turn 1, and Jynx it's easier to recognize since it always opens with Protect too: after that, I'll immediately use Whirlwind on its next move. Misdreavus is a bit harder to scout since 3 sets have Thunder Wave + Confuse Ray, but if it opens with one of these moves, I'll just start spamming Whirlwind after my Protect, hoping to hit through hax. It might cost me Skarmory in the process (even if it has not happened yet), but thankfully Blissey outspeeds Misdreavus 3 and its trainer classes usually don't require Skarmory that much.
  • Walrein icon
    As I've already said, I've found a safe way to handle every Walrein lead, even if it can cost me Skarmory in the process. The worst sets to face are sets 3/4 with OHKO moves, while sets 1/2 can be stalled out by Blissey without any issue. Set 3 holds Quick Claw, but it's pretty weak and can harm Skarmory only with Surf. After a Torment, Skarmory can even try to stall it out alone with just Protect and Rest, even if Attract can be annoying and then swap stalling might be required, keeping in mind that after a Sheer Cold, if Tormented, its other selectable moves won't harm Latios at all. Set 4 is way more offensive and can beat Skarmory, so my gameplan is to land a Torment and then I have to wait until it uses Sheer Cold, ensuring that it won't use it the next turn on my Blissey switch in. The good news is that Blissey can safely stall it out by herself, but I can't afford to lose her switching on a potential Sheer Cold, so I'm prepared to lose Skarmory if it just spams STAB Surf+Ice Beam. I can then easily set-up with Latios, but if a Metagross will appear during the sweep, it might be an issue.
  • Every set-up sweeper must be properly handled: with practice, a player learns how to circumvent them. Basically a set-up move is a free turn for Skarmory, so thanks to Torment and Protect, it can find the opportunity to Whirlwind for free without even taking damages (like I did in this match, where Skarmory handled 2 set-up sweepers and ended the match at full HP).

DANGEROUS FOES DURING LATIOS SWEEP:

• Metagross icon
    Metagross is the worst enemy to face during Latios sweep. Sets 4/5/8 hold Quick Claw, while set 6 has Bright Powder. If I see no Item activation after my first Dragon Claw (Shell Bell from set 7 or Leftovers from set 1), I have to switch back into Skarmory and proceed to stall this Iron evil out.
  • Snorlax icon
    Snorlax is on same Metagross' boat. It's a dangerous enemy since Latios can't OHKO 100% every set, and 4 sets might hold Quick Claw. If Leftovers is not revealed, Latios must be switched out.
  • Registeel icon
    Without Hail, the ghost of an infinite match vs. a last-foe Registeel 4/5 at +6 Evasion still haunts me, but thankfully it requires Registeel to avoid too many Latios Dragon Claw in a row. Extremely difficult, but not impossible.
  • Of course, an almost infinite amount of combinations between Quick Claw/ Bright Powder / priority moves / enemies faster than Latios can break its Substitute first, and then the last foe can force it out. That's why I'm always repeating that this team works well if its core is kept at full health as much as possible during a sweep.

Here there are some videos of live battles from my YouTube Channel:

In conclusion, I'm really proud to see how much this little community as grown in the last months.
I sincerely want to thank Kommo-o, Actaeon, Valentino23 , Coeur7, Golden Blissey and all of the other guys on the Discord server for the help and the support they've always provided. It's been great to share passion and ideas with y'all!
I'll continue my streak hoping to reach the 3000 milestone, and so I'll keep this script updated.
Let me know if there are questions or suggestions!
It has been a pleasure to write these few paragraphs, even if I feel like a lot is missing and I know I'll keep editing and updating it.
Hope you'll enjoy it as well!

P.S.: For record updates and more analysis, check out my YouTube Channel "Adedede"!

Last edited:
same I don’t think I’ve really seen such a near-totally passive team like this one before in any sort of facility record. Granted, it’d probably require the patience of a saint and, as you said, really works best with Gen 3 mechanics, but I give you props for originality.

Last edited:
same I don’t think I’ve really seen such a near-totally passive team like this one before in any sort of facility record. Granted, it’d probably require the patience of a saint and, as you said, really works best with Gen 3 mechanics, but I give you props for originality.
Lead-exploiting teams have always been the best pick in every serious record run attempt in each Generation.
My A gameplan - bringing opponent lead to Struggle - works the best in Gen III, thanks to Struggle reduced self recoil. This has never been done before in Emerald Battle Tower, and so that's way you've never seen such a hardcore stalling strategy.

On the patience note, I'm playing on Emu just for this reason. A team is good or bad regardless, but I don't think someone can seriously attempt a streak playing this on cartridge.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)