Project Introducing: SV Fight Nights [ NEW FIGHT NIGHT, POST 206 ]

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
View attachment 581917

It's finally time...

For this project's 1 year anniversary (and to celebrate the launch of DLC2), we have two major old-gen YouTube titans up to bat, going head-to-head in a BO5 multi-generational series based on their signature formats across the years!

A time and even more specific details will be live soon!
This is extremely cool. Although we have to stay on the lookout so Iron Mugulis doesn't rig the set in BKC's favor

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
View attachment 581917

It's finally time...

For this project's 1 year anniversary (and to celebrate the launch of DLC2), we have two major old-gen YouTube titans up to bat, going head-to-head in a BO5 multi-generational series based on their signature formats across the years!

A time and even more specific details will be live soon!
This needs some fight music. Any suggestions?

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hello everybody! I hope you’re hyped; we’re only a couple days away from the next official Fight Night! Here are the details:

The fight will be taking place on December 29th at 12 PM, GMT +2. For the Americas, this is quite late, so replays (and possibly recordings) will be saved for those who wish to still see how the battle unfolded.

Since our contestants are old gen superstars, we will be seeing an exhibition of Gens 1-5 and their respective OU metagames. That means this is a Best of 5 series. Because Gen 3 is very closely aligned with both contestants, ADV OU will be game 1.

If anybody has any comments, thoughts, or questions, please let me know!

Dead by Daylight

Because Gen 3 is very closely aligned with both contestants, ADV OU will be game 1.
Hey there ausma, this is some great work. Just wanted to say that this seems a bit anticlimactic: why not put the best gen of both players as the deciding game? Sure, we may not get to see it, but game 1 probably has the least impact on the Bo5 and IMO, it wouldn’t be very hype to see the last game be, like, some old gen that neither player knows too well.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hey there ausma, this is some great work. Just wanted to say that this seems a bit anticlimactic: why not put the best gen of both players as the deciding game? Sure, we may not get to see it, but game 1 probably has the least impact on the Bo5 and IMO, it wouldn’t be very hype to see the last game be, like, some old gen that neither player knows too well.
I understand and get this suggestion! The only problem though is that having Gen 3 OU be the deciding game essentially is a gamble as there is no guarantee they will go 2-2 for a Gen 3 finale. It’s possible it could be a 3-0 or 3-1 case, which makes doing this pretty hard and fickle in practice.

Dead by Daylight

I understand and get this suggestion! The only problem though is that having Gen 3 OU be the deciding game essentially is a gamble as there is no guarantee they will go 2-2 for a Gen 3 finale. It’s possible it could be a 3-0 or 3-1 case, which makes doing this pretty hard and fickle in practice.
I completely understand this point. I wasn't thinking that we had it set as game 5; rather, I was thinking that we could potentially have it as the final game? Say if it was 2-1; the 4th game would be Gen 3, and if it was 2-0, the 3rd game would be Gen 3. I get the difficulties with this, and I get if it's not possible. Cheers.

It's sad I'm GMT -4 and this happens for me at 5 in the morning (I can't watch this) but hopefully y'all have fun with this

I'm rooting for you Jimothy! LET'S GO IRON MUGULIS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)