Announcement Introducing RBY Low Tier Circuit for 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rbylowtiers.png

Art by ashelyDeluxe

Hey you! Do you like RBY Low Tiers? Do you wish there was something akin to the RBY OU Circuit but just for lower tiers? Well now there is! In 2023, for the first time, RBY Low Tiers will have their very own circuit, consisting of Ubers, UU, NU, and PU! Here's a rundown/schedule on how it'll work:

---

January:
RBY UU Circuit Tour, a best-of-3 single elimination tournament hosted in this forum. Points from this tournament will count toward 15% of the total points awarded for the circuit. Look out for signups soon!

February:
RBY Ubers Tournament II, a best-of-3 single elimination tournament hosted in the Ubers forum. Points from this tournament will count toward 15% of the total points awarded for the circuit. Points will also count towards the Ubers circuit if you're participating in that, so this is a double dip of sorts!

April:
RBY PU Circuit Tour, a best-of-3 single elimination tournament hosted in this forum. Points from this tournament will count toward 15% of the total points awarded for the circuit.

June:
RBY Grand Slam. For more information about Grand Slam, see this thread. Points from these tournaments will be distributed in the following way: 7.5% of the total points awarded for the circuit will come from the Ubers, UU, NU, and PU Opens, and 10% of the total points awarded for the circuit will come from the playoffs.

September:
RBY NU Cup, a best-of-3 single elimination tournament hosted in the NU forum. Points from this tournament will count toward 15% of the total points awarded for the circuit. Points will also count towards NU Classic if you're participating in that, so this is a double dip of sorts!

December:
Circuit playoffs, a best-of-5 single elimination tournament hosted in this forum. The top 8 point-scorers compete in this year-end culmination of RBY low tiers for the championship!

---

Exciting stuff, everyone! Hopefully this circuit will help continue to grow RBY Lower Tiers, which are already seeing a great amount of activity. If you would like to get involved in hosting, helping with a spreadsheet, or help organize in any other way, please reach out to me and/or Sabelette. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Decided to unlock this thread for general circuit discussion if anyone wants to put anything cool in here. For Grand Slam specific discussion you’re welcome to use the introduction thread that’s currently stickied

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So we're 3 tours in and Slam is on, here's a few interesting things with the LTC points thus far:

1. phoopes is on a tear despite getting zero points in Ubers, with really nice placings in UU and PU. Slam last year was disappointing for him, but based on his play in the first few tours this year I expect him to make solid runs in at least a couple tiers this time around.
  2. Ice Yazu slaying the UU tour is keeping him up top despite frustrating early losses elsewhere. I expect a repeat in the UU Open, and he's also a big NU/PU threat despite the early loss in the PU Tournament, so I expect a big bounce back.
  3. Evuelf literally won the Ubers tour then just has not entered anything else, which is hilarious because they're still 5th overall from that single win. I expect this to change with Slam, as they didn't enter Ubers and Slam is worth a LOT of total points across Ubers/UU/NU/PU.
  4. Nicole and I finally broke our tie after getting the same placings in the first two since we got pitted against each other in PU, but she's had the most consistently solid performance of anyone who didn't take 1st in one of these tours and will probably put up points in nearly every tour. She's a massive NU threat and I would give her good odds to win that and compete for 1st seed.
  5. Ctown was prolific last Slam and I'm wondering if he'll do it again or focus up on Ubers; last time he got like 22 points and next best was maybe 13? That would translate to a really big score for LTC. The competition is tougher this time for every tier, though!
  6. Leru and BeatsBlack put up 2nd-3rd place performances in one tour each then dipped, just like Evuelf. We'll probably see them drop off the top 8 if they don't enter Slam; so far it looks like they're skipping it.
  7. Gastlies, MrSoup, and Torchic are strongly in contention and will likely all overtake the inactive people who catapulted into top 8 early off a single tour, but I don't know that all 3 will be able to fit in a crowded top 8 - me, phoopes, Yazu, Ctown, and nicole are almost certainly a lock for playoffs (assuming Ctown plays all of Slam) and any of the other people at the top, like Tree69420 or BeatsBlack, could certainly show up big.
  8. It's getting later and later to get points, but I think people like chub, Melbelle, Shellnuts are still threats to get a ton of points and get into top 8! Anyone could still show up big in Slam and sneak into the top 8 by the end, but having a few existing points helps a lot right now.
Each Slam tour is worth up to 1500 points, then the playoffs can give another 2000, and the NU Tournament is coming late in the year which is another 3000. Winning NU Open and putting up a few points elsewhere could easily send someone to top 5, or just having a great performance and a playoff run in Slam could easily do the same. We'll have to see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)