introducing: halloween forum style!

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
1633163628799.png

Is the big spook theme supposed to make Gen 6 look terrifying

- This'll only be available for October; we can't have too many active styles at once because they all have to be maintained individually with forum upgrades etc among other reasons, and personally I can't commit to regularly maintaining this one between my other responsibilities on the site. There's a small chance I end up changing my mind on this, but in the interest of being clear on what's what I figured it was best to be upfront about this; so, make the most of it while it's here I guess?

--

There's unfortunately not too much to discuss here, but for some additional context, very few smods / admins have the access to maintain forum styles (off the top of my head there's just one other person that's able to), because as you may have figured this is the kind of power where ppl that don't know what they're doing can cause some serious damage, so it's only given out to people that have actually worked on these before. That, and people writing a theme tend to do this in the way that's most intuitive to them, which isn't necessarily what's most intuitive to someone else; e.g. any future issues with dark mode would default to me to fix these days, but I've seen enough of the code / setup there to know it'll be a lot more difficult for me than the person that wrote it initially since our brains just don't work the same way and there's a lot of stuff they did I'd have trouble figuring out but would have been obvious to them. Likewise I also figure that whoever I might delegate this to also might be unable to fix any future issues properly that might be a lot easier for the person who wrote it i.e. me.

It's not really a matter of demand since I'm entirely unsurprised there's ppl that would wanna use this the year round and that's also why I'm keeping the door open just a little bit, I just didn't wanna create the expectation that this was gonna be a year-round style then risk disappointing people down the line when it breaks, better to be realistic right out of the gate and if it happens to work out after all then fantastic but yea.
Rather than keep it just for October, why not just keep it up until it becomes outdated? I believe this was done for Festive but correct me if I'm wrong on that. This feels more like a "cross the bridge when it comes to it" problem than a "leave up for a limited time" one. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
After using it for a few days I wonder if the shade of purple used isn't too dark. It can become a bit hard to read large walls of text as it is now.

PaGgnut

Massive nerd
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This happens on mobile phone (Next/Prev buttons and the triangle below a users pic in a post):

Screenshot_2021-10-10-15-53-00-87_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

This happens when hovering over a thread title (when the preview is large enough):

Captura de pantalla (9).png

This happens on both mobile and desktop:

1633874398024.png

The highlight color of some menus may need to be updated:

1633876480275.png

This aint a bug but I think that having three different shades of orange (section banners, new posts button and post thread button) at the front page doesnt look great.

Besides that, it's really cool! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)