Inheritance Inheritance (Magic Bounce and Good as Gold Banned!)

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Why is Raging Bolt just straight up unusable? Its not on any banlist.
The paradox versions of the swords of justice and the legendary dogs have some oddities when it comes to using them as donors or inheritors. Usually this is fixed by running max IVs on everything, but using them as donors tends to straight up not validate. Please understand as they'll get fixed soon

The paradox versions of the swords of justice and the legendary dogs have some oddities when it comes to using them as donors or inheritors. Usually this is fixed by running max IVs on everything, but using them as donors tends to straight up not validate. Please understand as they'll get fixed soon
If thats the case, then why doesn't council just make those pokemon not have the IV limitation temporarily? This is a bug so it should be fixed, and I know council can't just fix it, but measures can be taken so these pokemon aren't completely shadowbanned until its fixed.

:sv/gliscor:

Gliscor @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swagger
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Low Kick

I've experimented with this Grafaiai donation set on multiple offensive flying types, and I've found Gliscor to be my favorite one due to its ability to take a hit and still have great damage output. I've found this mon to do best as a lead, especially against hazard setter leads, as you're very likely to get away with hitting a Swagger. By hitting the Swagger, you'll essentially get a +2 attack and speed, confuse your opponent, and get a 110 BP STAB move, all in one turn. There are two rng elements that can drastically effect the matchup, Swagger's 85% accuracy and the opponents chance to hit themselves.

Acrobatics, Low Kick and Knock Off are a pretty great combination that lack many significant counters. Low Kick at +2 usually OHKOs Goodra-H and Darkrai, while Knock Off hits Ghold and deals with Rocky Helmet. Bad Matchups are mons with Wisp and Urshifu-Rapid Strike due to water type priority.

Last edited:
:sv/gliscor:

Gliscor @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swagger
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Low Kick

I've experimented with this Grafaiai donation set on multiple offensive flying types, and I've found Gliscor to be my favorite one due to its ability to take a hit and still have great damage output. I've found this mon to do best as a lead, especially against hazard setter leads, as you're very likely to get away with hitting a Swagger. By hitting the Swagger, you'll essentially get a +2 attack and speed, confuse your opponent, and get a 110 BP STAB move, all in one turn. There are two rng elements that can drastically effect the matchup, Swagger's 90% accuracy and the opponents chance to hit themselves.

Acrobatics, Low Kick and Knock Off are a pretty great combination that lack many significant counters. Low Kick at +2 usually OHKOs Goodra-H and Darkrai, while Knock Off hits Ghold and deals with Rocky Helmet. Bad Matchups are mons with Wisp and Urshifu-Rapid Strike due to water type priority.
swagger is 85 accuracy

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
done w/ the meta bc it takes 30 mins to get a ladder game & then i forget about it and lose all my ladder points
View attachment 624498

here are some stall teams that were very successful recently, peaked at 1591 at 87% GXE

Bro, the ladder tried to match you with a similar ELO player. :psysad:

So this isn't a one-liner, this set is pretty cool:

(inheriting
)
Code:
Dragalge (Roaring Moon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Gunk Shot
- Scale Shot
- Thief / Toxic / Flip Turn
252 Atk CB Adapt Outrage hits notoriously hard on anything that's not a Fairy, and when it comes to fairies....
Code:
252 Atk Choice Band Roaring Moon Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 360-424 (98.9 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
People tend to overestimate theirs. :psysly:
Don't forget to bring a Kleavor or Exca inheritor to set rocks vs Magic Bounce so you can OHKO Enam on-switch too!
Code:
252 Atk Choice Band Roaring Moon Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Enamorus-Therian: 278-328 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Some goofy ahh sets I cooked up

Cerby (Bootleg Parody Of Kirby) (9RWTRVZ3A) by ImLeScatMan

I have no SpD (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Guard Swap
- Mud-Slap
- Clear Smog
- Recover

Blissey that can change its defense stat with a chance to burn, plus Macargo gets Recover for some reason, so thats fun.

Autobots Rollout (Regirock) @ Room Service /
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rollout
- Curse
- Power Trick
- Earthquake

Regirock has 200 base Def. if you use Curse with Power Trick you're gonna be doing insane damage and it lowers your speed so in Trick Romm you're gonna go first. The donor is Forretres btw. You could give him a Wide Lens too if you wanted him to hit every Rollout.

Dora the Explorer Boots Plush Stuffed Toy (10in) - Walmart.com

Monke. (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Flame Charge
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Donor's Numel and this sets pretty cool. Curse to raise Def and Atk alot and since its STAB, body press and flame charge are gonna do more damage and the Eviolite make monferno bulkier than Infernape. Plus its funny to think that a small infant child does more than it's evolution. Flame Charge is there to make you fast again

Image result for axolotl meme

No, im not Sorry. (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform
- Anything
- Idk
- This should be banned.

Need I explain this one? I think I must. Chansey's HP with Eviolite and Transform? This set came from the depths of Tartarus itself.

Image result for bootleg gliscor plush

Flying crab (Gliscor) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Acupressure
- Rest

Infinite stat boots.

Image result for hatsume miku

rip her lungs (Meloetta) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam

Yeah so Tox gets Stored Power. You know me. I love me some Stored Power shenanigans, SO I gave Meloetta the hugest buff shes ever gonna get.
Shift Gear + Boomburst + Throat Spray gives some nice stat boosts, pair that with charge beam and you're rocking. (literally.) You could run Technician instead but thats pretty redundant.

Last edited:
Some goofy ahh sets I cooked up

Cerby (Bootleg Parody Of Kirby) (9RWTRVZ3A) by ImLeScatMan

I have no SpD (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Guard Swap
- Mud-Slap
- Clear Smog
- Recover

Blissey that can change its defense stat with a chance to burn, plus Macargo gets Recover for some reason, so thats fun.

Autobots Rollout (Regirock) @ Room Service /
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rollout
- Iron Defense
- Power Trick
- Earthquake

Regirock has 200 base Def. if you use Iron Defense with Power Trick you're gonna be doing insane damage. This would probably only work in trick room so I gave him Room Service and Rollout (which is technically the strongest move in the game) the donor is Forretres btw. You could give him a Wide Lens too if you wanted him to hit every Rollout.

Dora the Explorer Boots Plush Stuffed Toy (10in) - Walmart.com

Monke. (Monferno) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Flame Charge
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Donor's Numel and this sets pretty cool. Curse to raise Def and Atk alot and since its STAB, body press and flame charge are gonna do more damage and the Eviolite make monferno bulkier than Infernape. Plus its funny to think that a small infant child does more than it's evolution. Flame Charge is there to make you fast again

Image result for axolotl meme

No, im not Sorry. (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform
- Anything
- Idk
- This should be banned.

Need I explain this one? I think I must. Chansey's HP with Eviolite and Transform? This set came from the depths of Tartarus itself.

Image result for bootleg gliscor plush

Flying crab @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Acupressure
- Rest

Infinite stat boots.

Image result for hatsume miku

rip her lungs (Meloetta) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam

Yeah so Tox gets Stored Power. You know me. I love me some Stored Power shenanigans, SO I gave Meloetta the hugest buff shes ever gonna get.
Shift Gear + Boomburst + Throat Spray gives some nice stat boosts, pair that with charge beam and you're rocking. (literally.) You could run Technician instead but thats pretty redundant.
Iron Defense is not boosting your damage, since Power Trick only swaps the raw stats. Also, Leftovers is probably much better than Sitrus on an Accupressure + Rest set.

Iron Defense is not boosting your damage, since Power Trick only swaps the raw stats. Also, Leftovers is probably much better than Sitrus on an Accupressure + Rest set.
Yeah just realized that hours ago, changed it to Curse. The Sitrus is to eat when he uses sub so Acro gets boosted.
Also just realized guard swap doesn't do what i thought it does.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I got some news

VoteDOn VAscuSpannuanaconjaBijouModeDunfanRESULT
Magic BounceBANBANABSBANBAN4-0-1 BAN
Good as GoldBANDNBBANBANBAN4-1 BAN

Magic Bounce and Good as Gold are Banned From Inheritance!
:espeon: :gholdengo:
Magic Bounce has been a noxious presence on the tier ever since it started stabilizing. It has one big effect on every game its in: it invalidates the hazard game for one side. If you run into it all of a sudden wherever or not you get to even set hazards on the field becomes a question of "can you threaten the Magic Bouncer so that it cant just switch in for free?", whose answer is often no. This gives a giant safety net for many teams, most notably stall teams who are free to switch around without thinking of taking even 12% every time they enter. While Enamorus-T has been the most common user of this ability since the beginning, people have experimented with Deoxys-D and Ting-Lu as well, and people can still develop anywhere should they wish to thanks to how Inheritance works. In short, this ability made the hazard meta into a matchup fish rigged against you, even despite the opportunity cost of running it over other abilities such as Unaware or Magic Guard, which is why we have concluded that it should be banned

Good as Gold's impact on the tier has been much more meager in comparison. Between Gholdengo's inflexible movepool and Defoggers this generation ranging from underwhelming to bad the ability to block the move hasn't been that useful, and thus its usage has been rare. However, with the ability to consistently set hazards now in the tier, hazard stacking of all kind has been buffed immensely, so we expect that Defoggers will suddenly become a bit more common to counteract this. The ability to block hazard removal of all kind is still very unhealthy, even if it seldom seems true utility, which is why GaG has to go. While this means that you can no longer use Gholdengo as a donor, you can still use it as an inheritor

What's next:

Hazard stacking
:clodsire: :annihilape: :glimmora:

Hstack has recieved some significant changes with these bans. On the one hand you can finally click rocks without any repercussion, but on the other you just have to take the Defog. The biggest effect imo now is that Hazard stacking leads have gone from unreliable to potentially super broken, since hazard removal is still terrible in current tier. Hazard stacking being good is a result of a lot of factors and there isn't one good way to nerf it. The council has talked about many potential fixes to this, including the nuclear option that would be to ban Spikes as a whole, but thats in extreme case of emergency and for now we'll see how the meta develops

Enamorus-I :enamorus:
Enamorus is currently legal in the ongoing Inheritour, and so far it has seemed to be pretty fair. I've personally have yet to actually play against it, but the rest of the council does believe that its fine. Whatever desition we make on it will wait until the tournament finishes.

Thank you dhelmise in advance for implementing the changes

:zonger:

*Glances at Don’s post on council banning Magic Bounce because it’s broken on Stall*

*Glances at ladder peak*

:worrywhirl:

Yeah. That’s a good call, guys.

Once Drought got banned, Stall was free to feast. I decided to do a fresh account ladder after it was implemented and when Inh became OM of the month due to the traffic boost. Despite a few losses due to carelessness (and some to queuing issues like Gary), I honestly had zero bad MUs with the Magic Bounce Ting-Lu and NGas Dengo team.

I had fun. I had never peaked a ladder before! :bellipog:

————————

I’m excited to see how the meta develops after the bans are implemented. Balance and especially Stall take a hit without Magic Bounce deterring hazards and status. Taunt will become better, both in response to Magic Guard and Good as Gold being gone, as well as Defog becoming a better hazard removal option.

I imagine HDB will become much more common on Regenerator spinners on Balance, while Stall will either need to run double hazard removal to be viable, or more practically adopt a Superman structure, using Magic Guard / Levitate as good Knock Off absorbers, with HDBs on all the other members and just ignoring them all together.

HO gets way better with Magic Bounce yeeted. Suicide leads get way better. I imagine we’ll see a lot of Deoxys-S in our future, with these being the four best flavors:

https://pokepast.es/ea788e567d6e3163

Look forward to a lot of HO games being decided on the turns 1-2 speed tie. :psysly:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)