Inheritance Inheritance (Enamorus I Freed!)

Team I've been tweaking over the last few days, ran it in a room tour and did pretty well with it.

https://pokepast.es/cd5968027ae248cc

The Champ :Zapdos-Galar: @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Facade
- U-turn

Coverage is a conspiracy theory. Could slot in Defog over Facade, I've not clicked it once.

Volcatrona :Iron Moth: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 200 SpA / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin

Originally a Specs set, I found you hit hard enough to threaten anything except very specially bulky Pokemon already, and the high speed tier force switches for Rapid Spin. The EVs guarantee you live max power Specs Eruption from opposing Torkoal!Iron Moths at full health and smoke them in return with Earth Power.

Midas's Curse :Gholdengo: @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Stored Power

Magearna probably shouldn't be legal. It's got a million coverage options (including utility like Spikes) and it punishes switches extremely hard with Soul-Heart. EVs outspeed +1 base 110s at +2.

Ancient Grain :Roaring Moon: @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs

The first RM set I've tried in Inheritance that I've really liked (this is an indictment of me, not the mon). You're incredibly fast with good bulk and massive 139 Attack backed by Tough Claws and excellent coverage. I originally ran this with Outrage over Psychic Fangs, but that invites Iron Valiant in on you and screens are everywhere right now.

Why am I legal? :Iron Valiant: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish

Iron Valiant probably needs to go. I could be convinced Enamorus is also a problem (it probably is), but Iron Valiant is definitely too fast and hits too hard with too good STAB coverage.

:Dragapult: @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Curse

"...and the Dragapult is just a Dragapult." Forretress actually has an extremely wide and varied movepool, though it doesn't have any way of blocking Defog besides suiciding, which it enables a fast and physically strong Ghost like Dragapult to do very well. This used to be an Electrode-H before I realized 80 SpA is just too booty to make work with just Giga Drain and Volt Switch.

After playing 70 ladder games over my three alts (Dunfan, Dunfanalt, Numbah 1 Inh lesgo), I thought I'd give my 70 cents on, in my opinion, the meta's four big threats.
Disclaimer: I've faced other threats such as Iron Bundle (!Tauros), Magearna (!Azelf), and Landorus-T (!Altaria) that all impressed me, but I don't feel comfortable enough for now to assert they're top tier, unlike the following monsters -

Dragapult (!Dragalge) has been my team's pillar during those 70 games, and with experience now, I'll agree with ghostlike and smellslikememe that without a doubt it is too strong; the unhealthy, number one enemy of the meta worthy of taking the quickbanhammer immediately. It applies tremendous pressure with insane speed tier with basically no way to tank it, much less when its wannabe checks are softened. Props to Gunk Shot for having slayed many Valiants and Enams. (set I used)

Iron Moth (!Torkoal) was on my watchlist even before this became LCoTM, but now I say for sure it has warped the meta into running offense, rain, or instalosing. Many times did I lead with it and it grabbed a KO with Eruption on turn one because the opponent had no better option. Hell even the former #1 player had half their team decimated by Moth's Eruption in a single battle. Against Moth, "general" checks like HGoodra are not enough and either get straight up 2HKOed or softened over time, and finally break to the Fire spam. (set I used)

Iron Valiant (!Enamorus) has been an impressive presence during my laddering. You're often faced with the dilemma that it outspeeds you so you must switch out, but if you do you give a free turn to setup and sweep your team. Enormous mixed pressure and scarcity of sustainable checks make it an extremely centralizing force that you absolutely have to prepare for, and that contributes to the omnipresence of offense. (sample set)

Roaring Moon (!Samurott-Hisui) has been another common sighting in the ladder, and for good reason: Ceaseless Edge is dumb. It packs high offensive pressure and excellent speed tier combined with hazard stacking that makes the opponent's team even more susceptible to your breakers and punishes switch-ins, and makes it hard taking back the momentum to have a turn for defog/spin. What's more, Sharpness-boosted Sacred Sword and Razor Shell often tear open the Dark resists that would want to sponge Ceaseless. (sample set)

That's it, but on another note entirely...

Dragon deez nuts (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 216 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

- Quick Attack

I must introduce to you the surprise MVP that has been doing wonders against the many Dragapult, Roaring Moon, special attackers, and everything I've met. I originally expected it to be an overspecialized check, but instead was greeted by a diamond of polyvalence:
Has an incredibly easy time getting on anything, an easy time pivoting out, and an even easier time spinning away the hazards that could cause problems. And that's partly because most people in the ladder rely on their Ghost type to spinblock, which Grimmsnarl has a delightful ease punishing with Knock Off, most of the time grabbing a KO in the process.

Hey, I need to report something that's not technically a bug, but definitely an oversight, and should probably be fixed:

When using Illusion, the Inheritance reporting mod will display the pokemon as inheriting from Zoroark/Zoroark-Hisui, instead of the mon that the backline pokemon the Illusion mon is disguised as is inheriting from. This, of course, is basically having Illusion announce itself on entry, which is terrible for obvious reasons.

Here's a revival blessing thign I'm trying to figure out:
:Cresselia::Gholdengo::Corviknight:
Cresselia (F) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Revival Blessing
- Rest

Corviknight @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot
- Body Press

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Lunar Dance
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Lunar Dance restores both HP and PP so it may help with allowing Cress to activate Rest more. Screens + Parting Shot help Cress to activate Revival Blessing more. One issue with this set up is that it makes Cress set up fodder, so an unaware mon may be needed. 3 moves helps Sleep Talk to hit Revival Blessing more, and Natural Cure allows Cress to remove Sleep Status after resting.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dont know if this is a known issue but for some reason my regenerator chansey isn't regenerating.

Eviolite
Dragon Tail
U-Turn
Knock Off
Rapid Spin

Yes I am running quad physical chansey and you can't stop me (except when regen fails).
You havent even given a full set, let alone a replay to see what happened. We can't help you like this

Also id say something about the chronic passivity of a set like this, but if you arent running amuk its not like youre doing much anyways

Enamorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Water
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
Magearna is not banned :)

You havent even given a full set, let alone a replay to see what happened. We can't help you like this

Also id say something about the chronic passivity of a set like this, but if you arent running amuk its not like youre doing much anyways
I couldn't find my replays, and I only posted the parts relevant to a potential bug. It looks like it's working properly now though. IDK what was happening before.

Edit: Here's the build I was using actually
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

The set is anything but passive, as its main role is on offensive teams to get other things in without them getting hit. The fact that it can dragon tail away boosting threats, knock off items, and occasionally rapid spin (if all ghosts are dead or they're expecting another round of the dragon tail stealth rock shuffle) all add to this.

All of that being said, it's likely Goodra-H does it better as with the current meta its ground weakness is surprisingly minor. It does a lot of what Chansey does but it can also do damage and has like 10 resistances and 2 immunities.

However, while neither can avoid the 2HKO from Iron Moth, Chansey is still quite a bit bulkier against neutral hits, which is pretty relevant since so many of the deadliest attacking types in the meta, such as Fire, Dragon, and Fairy, are neutral against Steel/Dragon. Goodra-H has half of the HP while requiring significant Def investment to double Chansey's Def and thus match its physical bulk (lol). It needs an assault vest to bring its special bulk more in-line with the pink blob, but even then gets no where near matching it as one would need around 700 SpDef for that.

Last edited:
Greetongs, given the nuclear power of koal!moth on the ladder pointed out by several users in this thread and experienced by the council members in their games, we have held a QB vote on torkoal:

1688582249078.png

As a re-sult, Torkoal is banned from inheritance. Tagging Kris to implement on ladder. Also, apologies for not voting on it in the earlier slate, we forgot to include it.

The coun-cil has also decided to watch-list the following elements:

Ceaseless Edge
Poison Heal
Enamorus
Sheer Force

We have also noted that people find Dragapult specifically to be problem-matic, but the council has only found Tauros!Pult to be an issue, given that Dragalge!Pult lost utility with flip turn. That said, I personally have found Dragalge Pult still very usable with Specs, and I've seen people mentioning a LO version as well. With that in mind, we would like your guys' opinion on whether you believe Pult or Sheer Force donors are problematic in this case (or both).

While a suspect could potentially be run at some point before the second half of the month, we need to stabilize the meta via some quickban slates first.

hey. ive been building and laddering for inh quite a bit and its actually quite fun. i do want to share some of my thoughts and sets now, since the meta is very obviously not in a balanced state rn.

:braviary-hisui:Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- irrelevant

so which idiot gave hbraviary close combat

:lilligant-hisui:Zapdos-Galar
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Victory Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

honestly out of all the fighters that can inherit from hilli gapdos is probably the scariest mostly cause of the busted offensive typing. hustle means youre playing with your fingers crossed but you also hit like a truck so i personally think its worth it on certain hos esp when chloro/dd hax moldy's output is so much worse.

gapdos also has quite a few other sets like scrappy hecidueye which has a much more spammable cc + intim/part immunity (very nice against squawk) plus triple arrows bullshittery.

:pawmot:Electrode-Hisui @ Leppa Berry / Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Encore / Discharge
- Revival Blessing

another set ive used is rabsca pult (it has cm sball) and i have not felt too bad about it but it really gets you to feel how badly you want pult doing other things instead. anyway helectrode-pawmot lets it be the fastest reviver in the game while still functioning decently as an electrode. 150 spe encore is also pretty nasty.

:cresselia:Gholdengo / Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball / Stored Power / Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

so i spam this set a lot and its honestly amazing. steel/ghost+levitate is quite insane defensively and unlike older cryogonal sets you get sball plus cm moonblast to boot. functions very well as a defensive answer to mons like val tusk and hands as well as a bulky wincon. also you spinblock all the cyc hoodra sets on the ladder because youre a gholdengo.

mage's set is also great. defensive typing is similarly if not more blessed and stored power+dtail immunity makes you pretty hard to stop once you start calm minding.

:iron-bundle: i really think bundle is broken here. it gets walled by passive mons like hoodra pex blissey ig and nothing else bar weird wabsorb mons. bundle is another one of those all or nothing mons but it forces you to have a dedicated answer on every team which constrains teambuilding a lot esp since mons like pex and bliss are quite painful to fit for many teams. (also hoodra the most common one by far gets cheesed by magpull)

:goodra-hisui: ive tried nacl over cyc and it works pretty well. you get flash cannon (nacl learns it fsr) and salt cure+rocks allows you to actually make progress and apply pressure. you do miss regenvest's bulk tho sometimes.

:magnezone::great-tusk: magpull is cheesy inconsistent shit but very dumb cheesy inconsistent shit because you are fishing for teams with hoodra as their sole special answer. however i should not load hoodra against bundle only for it to uturn to magpull tusk and proceed to get ran over. might be more of a bundle problem but still.

:iron-moth: it just does way too much damage to be okay thats all. while it does require strong hazard control ive found that cyc regenvest + cind pult or smth like that works more than okay and in return you get completely unparalleled damage output that is only really stopped by flash fire or like hippo diancie/rv goodra-k/dachsbun. even then sludge bomb's 30% poison rate as well as its ability to force switches means its rarely ever useless.
edit: lol rip

:iron-valiant: i never had any trouble with it but ive been spamming cress ghold on nearly every team so take it with a grain of salt.

:great-tusk: the hax moldy sets are super scary rn mostly cause of how much people rely on levitate to check ground-types and unaware to check setup. taunt/sub sets also deny many clodsire/dirge inheritors from statusing or roaring you.

:cresselia:Gholdengo / Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball / Stored Power / Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

so i spam this set a lot and its honestly amazing. steel/ghost+levitate is quite insane defensively and unlike older cryogonal sets you get sball plus cm moonblast to boot. functions very well as a defensive answer to mons like val tusk and hands as well as a bulky wincon. also you spinblock all the cyc hoodra sets on the ladder because youre a gholdengo.

mage's set is also great. defensive typing is similarly if not more blessed and stored power+dtail immunity makes you pretty hard to stop once you start calm minding.
Though it's the first thing they'll expect if it's Gholdengo, on Magearna I've been getting a lot of mileage from running Mesprit/Uxie/Azelf instead and replacing the recovery move with Stealth Rock.

Also I run spatk instead of def but maybe you've got the right idea.

drampa's grandpa

benign auto-cannibal
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Greetongs, given the nuclear power of koal!moth on the ladder pointed out by several users in this thread and experienced by the council members in their games, we have held a QB vote on torkoal:

View attachment 531965

As a re-sult, Torkoal is banned from inheritance. Tagging Kris to implement on ladder. Also, apologies for not voting on it in the earlier slate, we forgot to include it.

The coun-cil has also decided to watch-list the following elements:

Ceaseless Edge
Poison Heal
Enamorus
Sheer Force

We have also noted that people find Dragapult specifically to be problem-matic, but the council has only found Tauros!Pult to be an issue, given that Dragalge!Pult lost utility with flip turn. That said, I personally have found Dragalge Pult still very usable with Specs, and I've seen people mentioning a LO version as well. With that in mind, we would like your guys' opinion on whether you believe Pult or Sheer Force donors are problematic in this case (or both).

While a suspect could potentially be run at some point before the second half of the month, we need to stabilize the meta via some quickban slates first.
I find it odd that Ceaseless Edge is being watchlisted over Samurott-Hisui, given that there's no other donor of the move.

The same can be said for Poison Heal, considering Breloom and Shroomish are the same line and the only current donors.

ive been having fun with this silly little meta, but I noticed something interesting. revival blessing is not restricted! combined with the ridiculous power level of some of the mons here, you can do something like what i did: https://pokepast.es/44469da03e87d092

one of the least skill-intensive teams I've ever had the pleasure of playing, you just mash your setup move on whichever mon your opponent is least prepared for, never stop the offense, and if anything goes wrong give out a quick 1up or two. EVs are probably unoptimal, but it really doesn't matter. pretty much every mon here is interchangeable for something of similar function (aside from moth, which I know is getting gutted, but could just as easily be bundle, pult, etc) and often you can just win 6-0 instantly because your opponent doesn't expect to get blown out from the word go.

a well constructed stall team is really the only thing that's a hard one-sided loss for me. even bad games can turn around on a dime by a random revive into sweep.

anyways, i was getting bored of the team so wanted to leave it here because blessing should definitely go. i haven't seen it on the ladder much but if people smarter than i start toying with it its gonna be a real awful time.

EDIT: quick side note because i notice ting-lu looks really out of place; its just something to help with opposing setup sweepers, toxic takes care of enemy unawares, and vs certain/weakened teams it's not impossible that your opponent just does not have an answer to it (assuming they CAN answer the other mons) and you can just ride him to victory like you would any of the sweepers

Don Vascus

Hello! Im the guy making it ambiguous as to whether to ban pult or Sheer Force. Since this is not a common opinion, I guess i should make my case.

Part 1: Pult's only broken set is the Sheer Force mixed breaker

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The only fairly easy pokemon to slot that doesnt lose to one of this guy's coverage moves is PHeal Metal Hariyama, which uses an ability soon to be in the chopping block for making it able to 1v1 whatever it wants. Every common AV user eats around 50% minimum from CC, Ting-Lu also eats like 43 minimum from either Ice Beam or CC depending on if its physically or specially defensive, and bolt beam basically by themselves cover any other options that you could try. Even if Tauros left, Braviary-Hisui could easily replace it with a set like this:

Braviary-Hisui (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat
- Heat Wave
- Dazzling Gleam / Psychic

Its like as if he never left

It no longer has bolt beam to break through random stuff, but you now have coverage that directly complements your ghost stab with Dazzling Gleam, even if it doesnt get boosted by SF. And Heat wave is still plenty fine to pressure stuff, Shadow ball can also beat a lot by itself, and oh btw you can now beat Metal Hariyama with Psychic:

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Dragapult Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Iron Hands: 252-299 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

This set from pult is essencially untouched from the stupidity it was last gen. However, spanish dexit has been mean to its other staple sets. Starting with its physical sets:

Perrserker (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot

lmao dont use this

Poltergeist is gone, and with it the biggest reason to use physical pult. I mean you can probably try a Baxalibur set with it, but you can do that with chomp and what not, and thats not broken. The next big set from last gen is the specs set Dragalge!Pult

Dragalge (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

It lost pivoting this gen, making it that much worse, but otherwise it came this gen unscathed. I say that as if one of this set's greatest strengths wasn't that it was a formidable pivot because it forced out anything slower than it that wasn't a regen vester. I still think it can still do some work because it still does the forcing out thing identically, it just cant capitalize on it as much. Its ability to go mixed is existent, but not as strong as the SF set because outrage is easier to play around and it has to deal with Life Orb recoil. Overall right now you can still check this with whatever AV mon you want to use and just switch into a physically bulky mon if it clicks outrage, even if it costs you a lot of your health.

The other sets from last gen are the Regen mixed ones which 1) are lesser versions of SFLO 2) take the regen slot in a 1AC meta so they will not be discussed here. A set thats more common on ladder that it should be is Regidrago!Pult, and i know that this gen has less good fairies than ever, but it still has 0 coverage and magearna is legal guys cmon. The one set that didnt exist last gen that has some promise is Gholdengo!Pult, which could probably do a lot of annoying stuff with Good as Gold and Gholdie's great movepool, but its not proven if its any good as it stands.

Part 2: Pult is the only broken SF abuser... or is it???

Right now, many, many pokemon are being used with Tauros (poor HBraviary is being outclassed right now). However, the only one considered to need tiering action right now is Dragapult. Why? Simply, its because Dragapult has a 120 Attack stat that it can use to bypass the common special sponges used to stomach the colorful coverage Tauros inheritors carry. Future Volcarona can barrage an av Goodrah for ever without ever getting close to breaking it, but dragapult can just CC it twice and its gone.

However, Dragapult is not the only mon that has a good special attack and attack. Its not even the only ghost type with those traits:

:hoopa:
Hoopa @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Close Combat
- Dazzling Gleam / Thunderbolt

As it stands, Dragapult is the only mixed SF mon because its the best one by far. Its speed would make it a no brainer in any context, but in the early stages of the meta, with hellish nightmares abound, its speed is even better as a safeguard against all sorts of things. Hoopa only wishes it had speed like that, but still can make Pult salivate with its 150 Special attack, which it can abuse to muscle past through more things with even less effort:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Hoopa Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Iron Hands: 226-266 (44.1 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ting-Lu: 211-250 (41 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Hoopa Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ting-Lu: 309-364 (60.1 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Hoopa Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Magearna: 218-257 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

AND THOSE TWO ARE NOT THE ONLY GOOD MIXED GHOST TYPES:

:zoroark hisui:
Zoroark-Hisui @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Close Combat / Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Body Slam

Its like if pult never left

Thats right, the terror of AAA has come back to haunt yet another meta, now armed with bolt beam as a trade off for Knock. Right now its too busy with its punk fase to be a mixed breaker, but i have no doubt it will be able to pick up where pult left if it were to leave.

From this point onward the breakers shown will be potentially more niche, and many of them are rock weak which is pretty bad given that it looks like this meta is never gonna have good hazard removal, but they can still break teams in half.

:thundurus:
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Electric
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower

Stab Tbolt probably makes this even better than pult at breaking teams, but its rocks weak. Last gen thundy never got to shine before sheer force was banned, but this gen its from the get go the only mixed electric people can use. Maybe this will be its year?

:enamorus:
Enamorus (F) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Close Combat
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave

Flying type being a fantastic offensive typing is balanced by the fact that the wide spread flying stab moves all suck. Hurrimiss can be a meanie sometimes, but its otherwise very strong, and you can still fall on Dazzling Gleam if you need to, even if to costs you 10% of your health.

:volcanion:
Volcanion @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Surf
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower

The Fourth Volc can somewhat replicate the set that can cause so many headaches in AAA. Even without a near flawless 110 bp stab move it can still fend for itself with just boltbeam being broken and having enough attack to still get kos with close combat. Its both superslow and rock weak however.

:heatran:
Heatran @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
4 Atk Life Orb Heatran Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Goodra-Hisui: 205-244 (56.3 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is not rock weak, however, close combat is basically only for GoodraH since 90 attack just doesnt cut it.

On top of all this, an aspect worth considering is that Tauros and HBraviary are on the weaker side of sheer force donors. If we get nidoking or mawile back with DLC, a whole new world of brokens could make use of it. Overall, as it stands, Pult is the "correct" choice if we follow tiering policy, but banning Sheer Force is probably the more future proof choice.

So, I've just (barely) hit #1 on my alt (ixmike99) off the back of SF Pult and Enamorus (Iron Valiant), but there's another mon that was instrumental in a lot of games that I haven't seen much talk of:

Garganacl (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Rock
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Body Press
- Salt Cure

I stole this set from someone and added Leftovers instead of Covert Cloak. This thing is evil. Being able to bypass Cress's terrible offenses with Body Press, and dishing out continuous chip with Salt Cure makes this mon extremely annoying to deal with. And Purifying Salt negating the ghost weakness makes this a pretty decent check to SF Pult; a spread of 252/200/56+ is 4HKO-ed by Shadow Ball from Timid Pult (although I don't know if that's worth being frailer physically).

BTW: Why is the convention to write the Receiver in parentheses and the Donor outside it. Wouldn't it be slightly more convenient for pasting in the teambuilder if it were the other way around?

So, I've just (barely) hit #1 on my alt (ixmike99) off the back of SF Pult and Enamorus (Iron Valiant), but there's another mon that was instrumental in a lot of games that I haven't seen much talk of:

Garganacl (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Rock
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Body Press
- Salt Cure

I stole this set from someone and added Leftovers instead of Covert Cloak. This thing is evil. Being able to bypass Cress's terrible offenses with Body Press, and dishing out continuous chip with Salt Cure makes this mon extremely annoying to deal with. And Purifying Salt negating the ghost weakness makes this a pretty decent check to SF Pult; a spread of 252/200/56+ is 4HKO-ed by Shadow Ball from Timid Pult (although I don't know if that's worth being frailer physically).

BTW: Why is the convention to write the Receiver in parentheses and the Donor outside it. Wouldn't it be slightly more convenient for pasting in the teambuilder if it were the other way around?
Receiver in parentheses makes it the actual mon in the builder while nicknaming it the donor. So "Baxcalibur (Garchomp)" tells us that it's Garchomp inheriting Bax's kit. If you reversed the conventions you'd end up with a Bax nicknamed Garchomp.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
:magearna: Let's talk about a funny Pokemon I have been running.
Frosmoth (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 56 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
Magearna with Frosmoth's inherited moveset forms THE bulky wincon of all time. This thing can become unkillable in the right scenarios on the special side, and Magearna's physical bulk is nothing to scoff at either. (BTW the ev's are completely random, you could go full defensive investment, but some special bulk is nice for sflo Pult variants carrying Flamethrower)

Ice Scales is the main draw of using Frosmoth over other Quiver Dancers (like Oricorio or Volcarona). Ice Scales halves all damage taken from special attacks, which is insane. This alone would be the basis for a good support set (Frosmoth also gets U-turn and Defog) but Quiver Dance takes this donor to the next level. Admittedly, the coverage options are less than spectacular, meaning Frosmoth!Magearna cannot hit Fire types or Steel types. Crucially, this means that Magearna struggles to setup on metagame staples such as Iron Moth and Hisuian Goodra (if the HGoodra can pressure it offensively though, more than often it cannot). It can also struggle to break Fire and Steel types, or Pokemon with an Unaware donation. Ironically, Frosmoth!Magearna cannot even break through itself.

All of the above has been relating to the properties of the donor, Frosmoth. But why Magearna as a receiver? Well first of all, it has arguably the best typing in the game: Steel / Fairy is insane, and is a massive upgrade from the Ice / Bug typing of Frosmoth. Furthermore, Magearna has a monstrous base 130 special attack, but most importantly Magearna has great bulk, clocking in at 80/115/115. All of this combined allows Magearna to take on most of the metagame.

There are however ways to counter Magearna. As mentioned, you can wall it with Fire or Steel types, exploiting its weak coverage, or with Unaware mons and phasing. You can also pressure it offensively, most prominently with Iron Moth, although that mon is on a downward trend with the loss of Torkoal. Physical attackers with Ground / Fire coverage can smack it extremely hard. Applying repeated pressure over the course of a game can prevent Magearna an opportunity to set up and thus nullify it as a threat. However, with hazard support and correct teambuilding, this can enable the Magearna user to make and exploit holes in the opposing team's structure. edit 3: also as the game goes on magearna's checks tend to wear down thanks to magearna's teammates. especially with the stupid chance to freeze thanks to ice beam, magearna CAN eventually break through more passive structures (if it doesnt die or run out of pp first)

I suspect you could run this set on a different receiver, but I don't think there is another pokemon that can do it quite like Magearna. While I am firmly in the opinion that this thing is busted, I would like it to remain free so I can abuse it jokes pls ban this

Other things while I'm here

:iron-valiant: stupid breaker with enamorus-t donation, probably consider banning this
:dragapult: the sheer force life orb set is a bit dumb
:clodsire: i know everyone's running goodra as the cyclizar donation of choice, but i like clodsire as it has very good bulk and a decent typing (ground typing sucks a bit)
:moltres: i likey - with arc-h donation this thing can set rocks and spread wisp while intimidating everything. It also has a good typing (just don't let it get knocked)
:iron-valiant: have i mentioned this is stupid yet
:roaring-moon: can run a variety of good sets, great and versatile mon
:gholdengo: one of the better iron valiant checks with a cresselia donation (why are ppl running kryoganal)
1688652087090.png
I do plan on playing more, but I gotta dash, so imma leave it at #19 for now (peep my GXE tho, highest on ladder) edit: no it's not.
edit 2: if i hit top 5 i'll post my team

Last edited:
What's the problem with this set? Team builder tells me it's illegal

Brute Bonnet @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Spore
- Power Whip

Don Vascus

Gholdengo is immune to CC and resists the other two moves. Is earth power really that much of a concern?
Imagine, if you will, a set like this:

Enamorus (Iron Valiant) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire

in which case the answer is a resounding yes

252 SpA Life Orb Iron Valiant Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 263-309 (69.5 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

"but cress!ghold is one of the better gholdengo sets!"

true, but have you considered

252 SpA Life Orb Iron Valiant Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 218-257 (57.6 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Future Gallade might actually be broken even without Enamorus since its typing and stats can become quite a menace when they get a wide array of coverage moves from the likes of mew

1688923162771.png
1688923179591.png

persian-alola (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Poison
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Foul Play
1688923234109.png
1688923253613.png

enamorus (Iron Valiant) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Zen Headbutt
1688923325247.png
1688923343504.png

Grimmsnarl (Corviknight) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot
- Body Press
1688923415438.png
1688923440619.png

Baxcalibur (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
1688923513922.png
1688923532342.png

cinderace (Ceruledge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
1688923583267.png
1688923603518.png

Braviary-Hisui (Enamorus) (F) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
- Close Combat

https://pokepast.es/136ffd7d56f4c9e5

I am playing this team.
I started with Sheer Force Life Orb Roaring Moon because I use it in AAA and I love it.
Then I simply grabbed stuff from this thread, + Weavile with Gumsoosh because Stakeout is a fun ability.
I should probably change Thunder Punch on with Ice Punch because it hits more stuff.
Rotom is there because I wanted an SR user with recovery that also doubled as a special wall. It's bad for the last thing, but heh, it's my first team this gen, I'm not trying to be good rn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)