SV OU INFERNO - Triple Burn (Semi) Stall

:sv/dragapult: :sv/skeledirge: :sv/talonflame: :sv/blissey: :sv/alomomola: :sv/dondozo:
poke paste: https://pokepast.es/69230a95c8dd35c3
Hi! This is my 3rd RMT this gen and I have made a team with three burn mons. The goal of this team is to weaken your opponent and burn them until hex pult or sometimes curse dozo can sweep.

Without further ado, lets get into the team

DRAGAPULT

When you hear of stall, one pokemon you probably would not be thinking about is dragapult. Its bulk is not good for a stall team and it also lacks reliable recovery. However, adding dragapult on a stall team has benefits. It can absorb trick well, but it also improves stall's matchups against threats like swords dance :haxorus: and allows it to beat opposing stall teams easily. It can punish shed tail due to infiltrator, which also lets it check sub users like nasty plot :rotom: wash. Hex and dragon darts allows dragapult to be a fierce mixed attacker and a good cleaner after weakening the opposition.

SKELEDIRGE

The next burn spreader is skeledirge, which shares its types between the other burn users. Tera fighting is used to resist dark but not be weak to steel, allowing dirge to burn :kingambit: to allow :dondozo; to handle it much more easily. Torch Song can also threaten to force a sweep. Due to the lack of clodsire in this team, Skeledirge was given a specially defensive EV spread allowing it to be a mixed wall to scout and handle mixed users like opposing :dragapult:, :iron valiant: and so on.

TALONFLAME

Last of the burners, we have talonflame. An important perk is having defog, which allows it to help dondozo and improve matchup against knock off + hazard stack teams, one of the most common types of balance this gen. It can do more. It can absorb trick if :dragapult: is needed or :dragapult: gets scared out, for example by trick :gholdengo: and shadow ball variants of trick :iron valiant:. It could also switch into kingambit to burn it. Even better if it sucker punches.

BLISSEY

The special wall of the team and this team's rock setter. It importantly checks :walking wake: and could survive a few turns against :choice specs: :charizard: to wear it down. Grass knot allows blissey to repeatedly hit great tusk which comes in to rapid spin and does it better than seismic toss. Seismic toss is still useful for chipping various physical attackers with low health like :iron valiant:. However, I prefer to use grass knot. Calm mind is used to wall :walking wake: much harder and beat weak setup users while also letting the team beat NP :gholdengo: too.

ALOMOMOLA

According to the best stall players this generation, Alolamola is what made stall great again despite GameFreak's numerous attempts to destroy it. It can pivot into many physically attackers and switch out, healing due to regenerator. It can pass massive wishes to :dragapult:, to keep it healthy throughout the game. And it can trap pokemon like :great tusk;, preventing it from being passive. Protect could also scout trick and switch in to :dragapult: or :talonflame: absorb it. Chilling water punishes weak set-up users like BU :quaquaval: and is preferred for wearing them down instead of switching into :dondozo:

DONDOZO

In Gen4, the great wall of Ubers that is used on stall teams is :lugia:. Lugia has massive special bulk but its 106/130 physical bulk is also impressive allowing it to beat threats like SD :rayquaza:. Dondozo is the Great Wall of SV OU. Its curses allows it to beat every physical attackers after many boosts, except for :meowscarada:. It walls a huge portion of the SV physical meta game. RestTalk allows it to accumulate boosts and snowball quickly. Tera Fairy allows it to beat :baxcalibur: and many :haxorus: variations. IMO, Dondozo is a compulsory addition to stall teams, unlike even :alomomola:

That's it for the team. I would appreciate if you wait and rate it

Good team, seems fun. It seems like special valient takes over your will o wisp mons while breloom does the same for your stallers. And relying on will o wisp too much sets you up for defeat by gholdengo/ garg, no?

I could scout it with alolamola whether it has trick and absorb it. If it lacks trick, blissey walls it except for the rare NP + Focus Blast set. Otherwise what would your recommend me to run instead?
The problem is that I don't run stall teams like this so it's hard for me to give you solid advice. The best thing I can tell you is to try out your team and adjust as needed to the type of play style you're going for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)