Quality Control Incineroar [0/2]

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Defensive Pivot (Incineroar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
  • Incineroar packs one of the strongest utility toolkits in the tier, facilitating both defensive and offensive play. Incineroar punishes physical attackers with its Intimidate, increasing the survivability of teammates on the field. While this may be appealing, Incineroar lacks for strong damage output against neutral targets and relies on the teammates it supports to win the game.
  • Fake Out generates momentum for teammates, providing opportunities for a teammate like Kingambit to set up with Swords Dance. Alternatively, it can allow a teammate safely switch in or take a KO, or use a supportive move like Tailwind or Trick room.
  • Flare Blitz 2HKOs Rillaboom and Kingambit, and Knock Off removes Clear Amulet so Parting Shot and Intimidate can freely debuff opponents, forcing them off the field. With Incineroar's low speed stat, Parting Shot will often go last, so teammates can enter the field without risk of being hit.
  • The given EV spread allows Incineroar to survive Volcanion's Steam Eruption, and Ogerpon-W's Ivy Cudgel after Intimidate.
  • Tera Grass is chosen to flip weaknesses to threatening opponents such as Ogerpon-W and Landorus-I, but it should only be used if it can win the game, such as surviving and knocking out an opponent.
  • Incineroar is able to support many different teammates and is extremely splashable, but it is quite commonly paired with Rillaboom to have constant Fake Out and repositioning options. Ogerpon-W is also excellent, providing redirection support that adds to the team's utility toolkit and a complementary damaging type.

Last edited:

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
i was playing granblue

if i don't make progress on this today please hit me with a stick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)