In this town, you either go big or go home. [UU Warstory]

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Here's a match with my new "New UU" team. I was under the account of Mud Slap, and this was one of my very first UU matches since the suspects were allowed. This is also my first warstory, and as I write this, I feel like I have a lot of work ahead of me. Ugh... Anyway, on with the story!
All weather and leftovers residual damage will be removed (other than Life Orb).

My team:

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Mud Slap sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Atraes sent out Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
vs.

Froslass lead. I shouldn't be surprised, now that Froslass is UU, being the only capable spiker in the tier, it leads for practically 1/3 of teams these days. It's probably going to taunt first turn, so the choice is obvious...
Uxie used Trick.
Uxie obtained Focus Sash!
Froslass obtained Choice Scarf!
Froslass used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 45% of its health.
...Or not. Well, this isn't all that good for me, but the bright side is that there are no spikes down. Obviouslly, it's time to switch.
Mud Slap switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
vs.

It's not very effective...
Houndoom lost 22% of its health.
Things go as planned. Unfortunatelly, I'm not running Pursuit on this Houndoom, so I just decide to smack whatever comes in with a Dark Pulse, since an Arcanine or Ninetails switch in could spell trouble for me if I choose Fire Blast.
Atraes switched in Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
vs.

Houndoom used Dark Pulse.
Kabutops lost 65% of its health.
Kabutops comes in, as Houndoom punishes it very nicelly with a stab Dark Pulse. I could stay in and try to finish him off, but I don't like to gamble much, so I'm switching to Venusaur in fear of an Aqua Jet.
Mud Slap switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
vs.

Kabutops used Aqua Jet.
Venusaur lost 14% of its health.
Kabutops lost 10% of its health.
Excellent, despite my poor start, I think I've finally grabbed the momentum in this game, since it's no secret that Venusaur is one of the most unpredictable pokemon to switch into in UU. In fear of a Stone Edge, I decide to just attack blindsightedly.
Atraes switched in Registeel (lvl 100 Registeel).
vs.

Venusaur used Giga Drain.
Registeel lost 6% of its health.
Venusaur absorbed health!
Venusaur restored 3% of its health.
Pssh, Registeel. That thing presents almost no problems for this team, thankfully, as everyone but Uxie (who can trick it a Scarf) can simply destroy it. Still, I'm fearing Thunder Wave, so I go to my electric immunity in Donphan, who completelly stops 99% of Registeel cold.
Mud Slap switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
vs.

Registeel used Thunder Wave.
It doesn't affect Donphan...
This is starting to get tedius. Since turn 1, all that has happened was switches and switches. Let's see some action already!! Anyway, I go for the obvious EQ, even though I know Regi will be switching out.
Atraes switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
vs.

Donphan used Earthquake.
Venusaur lost 33% of its health.
So Altraes reveals his own Venusaur, threatening to 0HKO Donphan with Energy Ball. I've been playing conservativelly so far, and I'm pretty sure I'd like for it to stay that way (at least for now).
Mud Slap switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
vs.

Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
A critical hit!
Houndoom lost 78% of its health.
Mud Slap's Houndoom fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 5-6 (Altraes)
...Not good. He predicts my incredibly obvious switch-in, and I pay a good price for it; my only real revenge killer, Houndoom. While the critical hit was unfortunate, I doubt it would've made a huge difference in this match. Anyway, not entirelly sure of what to do, I go for the most reliable switch-in, Uxie.
Mud Slap switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
vs.

Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Venusaur used Sleep Powder.
Uxie fell asleep!
To be honest, I don't care all that much that Uxie is asleep. She's tricked away her scarf and set up rocks; and now Sleep Clause is active. Time to gtfo, and bring in a poke that can immediatelly threaten to eat the testicles of this thing.
Mud Slap switched in Gallade (lvl 100 Gallade ?).
vs.

Venusaur used Leech Seed.
Gallade was seeded!
Gallade's health was sapped by leech seed!
I switch in Gallade, one of the most important members of my team. It is very early-game, addmitedly, but none of my other pokemon can really come in and put up a fight with his Venusaur, since my prime two cannidates are either sleeping or fainted. Time to end this.
Gallade used Psycho Cut.
It's super effective!
Venusaur lost 80% of its health.
Gallade lost 10% of its health.
Gallade lost 31% of its health.
Gallade was poisoned!
Gallade's health was sapped by leech seed!
And so Altraes gets his second lucky break this match, poisoning Gallade and, with this in combination of Leech Seed, detracts all hopes of survivability for Gallade later in the game. Still, Venusaur took a major hit there, and after lefties and Leech Seed, rests at about 35%. Now it's pretty obvious what will probably happen here...
Atraes switched in Registeel (lvl 100 Registeel).
Pointed stones dug into Registeel.
vs.

Gallade used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Registeel lost 94% of its health.
Atraes's Registeel fainted.
Gallade's defence was lowered.
Gallade's special defence was lowered.
Gallade lost 10% of its health.
Gallade is hurt by poison!
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 5-5 (Neither)
Or not! Close Combat probably wouldn't have finished his Venusaur, but judging the way Altraes has played this game so far, it was quite obvious Registeel was coming in to try and ruin Gallade's day. On the contrary, he gets smacked by a LO Close Combat, more than Registeel can handle. Anyway, Gallade is at 1% health, just enough to stay alive to scout a switch-in. This is where things should start to get interesting.
Atraes switched in Gallade (lvl 100 Gallade ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gallade.
vs.

Gallade used Shadow Sneak.
It's super effective!
Gallade lost 0% of its health.
Mud Slap's Gallade fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 4-5 (Altraes)
He brings out his own Gallade, and while I tried to use Shadow Sneak, apparently he did too, winning the speed tie (unless he's Jolly??). This changes the score of the game once more, and with a sleeping Uxie, I'm certainly not in the best shape.
Mud Slap switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
vs.

I bring in Donphan, hoping to scare Gallade away. He's yet to reveal a "floater" (Kiwidean reference ;] ), so I'm pretty sure EQ will deal good damage to whatever comes in.
Atraes switched in Honchkrow (lvl 100 Honchkrow ?).
Pointed stones dug into Honchkrow.
vs.

Donphan used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Honchkrow...
And so he had revealed his final Pokemon, Honchkrow. Honchkrow can spell pretty big trouble for this team, but luckilly, I have a 252 HP / 176 Def Impish Donphan out, so Honchkrow can almost never 2HKO without a critical hit. Wait, I hope I didn't just jynx myself...
Donphan used Ice Shard.
It's super effective!
Honchkrow lost 41% of its health.
Honchkrow used Brave Bird.
Donphan lost 50% of its health.
Honchkrow was hit by recoil!
Honchkrow lost 19% of its health.
Honchkrow lost 10% of its health.
And so Donphan and Honchkrow exchange blows with one another. Odd that Brave Bird did so much though, if he had SR up, Donphan could be ko'd with one more hit. luckilly he doesn't, and I have Ice Shard's priority on my side. Even of 'Krow does finish off Donphan, LO recoil will take finish him off anyway, since it's only at ~5% health.
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
Donphan lost 33% of its health.
Honchkrow lost 6% of its health.
Atraes's Honchkrow fainted.
Donphan used Ice Shard.
But there was no target!
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 4-4 (Neither)
And so, I now have a crippled Donphan in exchange for defeating possibly one of the biggest threats to this team, Honchkrow. Pretty good deal, I guess.
Atraes switched in Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
Pointed stones dug into Kabutops.
vs.

This is the point where I sort of have a brain fart. I really should keep the somewhat worthless Donphan in and Ice Shard, which I don't know if it would have ko'd or not (and if it didn't LO recoil would), but I suppose an Aqua Jet may have finished me as well. In fear of this, thinking I may need Donphan's weak priority later in the game, I take shelter behind Venusaur.
vs.

Kabutops used Waterfall.
Venusaur lost 26% of its health.
Kabutops lost 10% of its health.
And Venusaur takes the Waterfall, well, a little worse than I expected. Still, Venusaur hangs on with most of its health, and needless to say, Kabutops is dying now.
Kabutops used Stone Edge.
Venusaur lost 63% of its health.
Kabutops lost 3% of its health.
Atraes's Kabutops fainted.
Venusaur used Giga Drain.
But there was no target!
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 4-3 (Mud Slap)
I'm getting annoyed with LO recoil stealing my kills. >_< Still, the good news is that for the first time this match, I'm "winning". Still, it doesn't feel like I'm winning; both Donphan and Venusaur are crippled, and Uxie is asleep. Altraes is probably thinking this too, and so it's pretty bad news for me at the moment, considering he still has a 94% health Gallade lying in the wings.
Atraes switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Pointed stones dug into Froslass.
vs.

Froslass comes in, and with my conservative playstyle still in tact, and aware that 'Lass is about to Ice Beam, I reveal my final team member, Azumarill.
Mud Slap switched in Azumarill (lvl 100 Azumarill ?).
vs.

Froslass used Ice Beam.
Azumarill lost 20% of its health.
Azumarill takes the hit about as well as I expected her to, which is good; with only 20% damage from an Ice Beam, I can take the oppurtunity to set up a Substitute.
Atraes switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Pointed stones dug into Venusaur.
vs.

Azumarill used Substitute.
Azumarill lost 25% of its health.
Azumarill made a substitute!
Things are looking up. Venusaur is practically gaurenteed to die this turn, thanks to a powerful Ice Punch ready to explode from behind Azumarill's decoy, right into Venusaur's face.
Venusaur used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Azumarill!
Azumarill's substitute faded!
Azumarill used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Venusaur lost 29% of its health.
Atraes's Venusaur fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 4-2 (Mud Slap)
And another one bites the dust. Still, things are not looking up. Azumarill is only at about 2/3 health, Donphan and Venusaur are both below 25% health, and Uxie is asleep. What happens next could decide the game.
Atraes switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Pointed stones dug into Froslass.
vs.

JLance has entered the room.
Mud Slap switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
vs.

I decide to bring in my sleeping Uxie as death fodder. Azumarill is too precious, I may need her later. Uxie won't be happy about this...
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Uxie lost 55% of its health.
Mud Slap's Uxie fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 3-2 (Mud Slap)
And so Altraes gets some more ha-.... Wait, that was actually helpful. Otherwise, if Uxie survived, he could have switched out to Gallde and taken the oppurtunity to set up. I guess I should be thankful for that, then. Anyway, the score is close now, and I kind of feel at this point my run for the win is all but over. Good effort...
vs.

Venusaur lost 23% of its health.
Venusaur's special defence was lowered.
Froslass lost 27% of its health.
Froslass was poisoned!
Froslass is hurt by poison!
O.o I survived? Incredible! Venusaur hung on with only 1% of its HP, enduring Froslass's Shadow Ball like a champ. Even better, Sludge Bomb finally thanked me back, giving Altraes a taste of the haxzors. At this point, I don't even know. Anything can go now...
Venusaur lost 6% of its health.
Mud Slap's Venusaur fainted.
Froslass is hurt by poison!
Atraes's Froslass fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
(x_x)
(x_x)
Current score: 2-1 (Mud Slap)
Here, I have to make the decision to switch in either Azumarill or Donphan. I decide that Azumarill is the best choice, as if Gallade decides to Swords Dance as opposed to attack (why would he do that?), and Waterfall doesn't KO, Donphan can use priority to finish it. Here goes...
Mud Slap switched in Azumarill (lvl 100 Azumarill ?).
Atraes switched in Gallade (lvl 100 Gallade ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gallade.
vs.

Gallade used Close Combat.
Azumarill lost 73% of its health.
Gallade's defence was lowered.
Gallade's special defence was lowered.
Azumarill used Waterfall.
Gallade lost 88% of its health.
Atraes's Gallade fainted.
(x_x)
(x_x)
Final score: 2-0 (Me!!)
What!?! AMAZING!! Azumarill survived with a meager 3 HP! This has definatelly got to be one of the greatest matches I've played in my UU career. Great game, Altreas. Love to battle again.
PROPS:
-Azumarill, for surviving with 3 HP and retaliating for a 0HKO against Gallade in the final turn of the match.
-Venusaur, for surviving Froslass's Shadow Ball, and managing to take it out before it could sweep my team.
-Gallade, for killing Registeel right off the bat, and crippling Venusaur.
-Donphan, for preventing Honchkrow from sweeping my team (although Donphan did get crippled).
-Altraes, for giving me such a great game.
SLOPS:
-Houndoom, for getting crit'd by Venusaur's Sludge Bomb on the switch in, and dying early on in the match.
-Uxie, who tricked its scarf only to get hitby a Shadow Ball, get rocks up and then used as death fodder.
-Random hax on both sides.​
Altraes's team:

First, I think this should have gone in the UU subflrum.
Secondly, the comments were kind of lacking. All they really did was tell us what was going to happen (ie the block of text below it).
Lastly, the battle was fairly standard. Nothing of note occured (a close finish does not make it a good battle)

close =/= warstoryable

Comments didn't really reveal your thought process, they just told us what happens next. You needed more "why" in this: "I'm going to use X on Y because Z will give me momentum or whatever"

Battle was okay, lota hax though.

the battle was haxy, the comments were lacking, and the format was hard to follow. the battle wasnt incredible, a lot of switch switch switch then just revenge revenge revenge, not too exciting

like some people said,The battle was too haxy and the commetary was lacking.This is also on the wrong subform(Although it will be moved soon.....right?)

5.7/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)