Pending In doubles, adjusting opposing mon sprites so stat mods are not covered up

Check out this screen shot: https://imgur.com/a/zcuZYxC

In that screenshot, you can see the opponent's Roaring Moon's Photosynthesis boost is covered up; you can't tell what it is. But even if it weren't, if it had enough mods, those would eventually be covered up by Gholdengo's HP bar, too. Being able to visually see stat mods was the whole point of displaying them in the first place. It seems counterintuitive to allow them to be covered up.

I had several ideas on how to remedy this. I will list them in order of my perceived difficulty, starting with most difficult. Actually difficulty, of course, may vary.

1. Allow a method to make the battle screen bigger [probably most difficult]

If this method were implemented, a user could somehow make their battle screen larger (by dragging borders, etc). Making the battle window bigger could allow the mons to move away from each other, and with them their name, HP bar, and stat mods.

2. Making an information bar pop up when hovering over a Pokémon in the battle area [middle difficulty]

Hovering over a name (or bar, or whatever) in the battle window could allow an information window to pop up, listing the stat mods. Moving the mouse away would make the window disappear.

3. Adjusting the current positioning of Pokémon sprites and name/HP bars using current space [easiest difficulty]

In the existing battle screen, there is some room to make minor placement adjustments to the sprites and HP bars/names to allow room for the stat mods to display without being covered up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)