Pending Improved Move Filter in Dex

Hello! I've been doing some looking through the Pokémon Showdown Dex options, and I've run across the "Filter" section, which allows you to exclude moves not of a certain category (for example, you could select only Physical moves, or only Electric type moves).

What I've not found is a way to:
1. use those same filters to exclude moves with those filters (for example, searching for Grass non-Status moves)
2. search for moves of multiple types (for example, I can't search for a move that is either Water or Poison type)

I imagine this would be comparatively easy to implement, because you'd be inverting an already extant filter, but at the same time I'm not familiar with the backend of Showdown and so don't know if this would be easy and/or useful.

I might also be able to do this after some looking at Showdown but I'm new so I don't trust myself :/

tyall! :)

Hello! I've been doing some looking through the Pokémon Showdown Dex options, and I've run across the "Filter" section, which allows you to exclude moves not of a certain category (for example, you could select only Physical moves, or only Electric type moves).

What I've not found is a way to:
1. use those same filters to exclude moves with those filters (for example, searching for Grass non-Status moves)
2. search for moves of multiple types (for example, I can't search for a move that is either Water or Poison type)

I imagine this would be comparatively easy to implement, because you'd be inverting an already extant filter, but at the same time I'm not familiar with the backend of Showdown and so don't know if this would be easy and/or useful.

I might also be able to do this after some looking at Showdown but I'm new so I don't trust myself :/

tyall! :)
I'd recommend trying out the `/movesearch` command in a chatroom on Showdown; it has all of what you're looking for and more!

Also pre-emptive hi Mathy

Mathy

i'm not chien pao
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I think it could serve Dex a bit to have more feature parity with PS's datasearch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)