I'm Raining on Your Parade (DUber)

Here's the pokepaste:

https://pokepast.es/ed86b110d6359b81

Thunder Miraidon was the original basis of this, and I wanted avperfect accuracy, so I needed rain. Obviously, I had to pick Pelipper. I knew I would want someone that had swift swim, and only a few of the candidates could actually be used for something. I chose Barraskewda for it's insane speed tier, and capability to deal damage. Armarouge is to stop opposing fire types, but I'm not really fond of it on this team. I rarely use it, and it just dies too fast. I chose Hawlucha for it's (somewhat) (un)reliable ability out speed and deal damage. Dnite was last bc it's Dnite. But actually because it can set up easily with Multiscale and then fire off strong hits.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hurricane
- Chilling Water
- Knock Off
- Tailwind

Pelipper is a reliable rain setter and the obvious (and only) rain setter. Hurricane can deal moderate amounts of damage, Chilling Water is a surprisingly strong debuff move that helps quell physical attackers. Knock Off is pure utility, getting rid of leftovers and choice items. Tailwind is almost entirely mandatory for a Doubles set. Tera Ground is to nullify it's crippling electric weakness. EVs are for being rly bulky and dishing out more damage

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Electro Drift
- Dazzling Gleam

The Thunder Spammer itself is absurdly powerful. This guy loves getting choice locked into Thunder under rain, and that is what it does. Dazzling Gleam and Tera Fairy are helpful for eliminating pesky ground types. I find the other moves just filler, as Thunder does the most damage and is more spammable than it is given credit for. Standard Specs EVs.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Liquidation

The joys of our speeding every single pokemon in existence. Choice Band gives this guy tons of damage. Aqua Jet for priority, CC is strong against many of Barra's weaknesses. Throat chop kills psychic types and liquidation is the strong water type damage dealer. The EV's are for being stronger before faster. Fighting Tera is to boost CC.

Armarouge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

The one that I'm not so sure about. Armor is not good at what he's supposed to be doing, and adds nothing to the team that I can see. Flamethrower to stay bulky, which armor cannon doesn't. Psychic to deal strong STAB. Aura Sphere is coverage for darks, and flash cannon is to deal with fairy's and poisons. Honestly tho, I can kill those with thunder and liquidation and almost every other move on the other pokes. EVs are for being bulky, but strong. Tera Steel is to bulk up flash cannon, and remove some weaknesses.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Water
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

A strong damage dealing sweeper. Hopes desperately to not be going up against psychic terrain. Acrobatics is for dealing tons of STAB, but sucks vs Psychic Terrain. CC is a strong, stab, rampage move that really wkrs well when unexpected. EVs are extremely similar to Barra because they serve similar purposes.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Dnite is a cleaner and backup plan. If all else fails I want to Ddance and then Tera Normal Espeed. Dragon Claw and Eq are primarily coverage, but still strong moves in their own right. He is a fast attacker, who really hates it when he can't set up. Multiscale has only ever failed me once. Most of the time, he is used against switched in Torkoal and Indeedee. EV's support his status as a fast attacker.

This team really seems to struggle against Volt absorb, which seem to be getting more and more common. Kilowattrel and Pawmot have been issues. The switched in Torkoal is another really bad problem. They change the weather away from rain. Indeedee is also bad, because it prevents Hawlucha from speeding up. Other than that, the team can pretty much handle anything.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)