I'm gonna post every team I build here as soon as I build it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
learn by example or something.

if you build a collab with me and u want to keep it secret then just tell me, but otherwise im gonna post it here. Not gonna post things Ive already built in retrospect cuz the teambuilding process wont be fresh in my mind. If i change a team I'll quote the old post and list the change. For now, have this teambuilding checklist that's pretty good:

• 2 Kangaskhan switchins OR 1 switchin and 1 check
• 1 Landorus-T switchin
• 2 ground immunities OR 1 ground immunity and 1 resist
• 2 Fire resists (Char Y + Venu check)
• 2 Water resists (Ludicolo + Politoed check)
• 1 check to spread rock users (diancie/landorus/terrakion)
• 1 fairy resist (preferably resists Psychic as well)
• 1 sleep immunity
• At most one kyurem-b sub bait (two if you have hyper voice)
• 1 check for each of these steels (Aegislash/Ferrothorn/Heatran)
• 2 of speed control/priority/scarf
• 2 different forms of Trick Room check (Taunt/Spore/TR user/Strong Dark or Ghost/Fake Out/Substitute Steel/Strong Priority)
• 1 CM Cress check
• 1 spread
• 1 check to Azumarill + Amoonguss

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
• At most one kyurem-b sub bait (two if you have hyper voice)

reasons to never build defense

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Defense is not something possible in a Doubles format due to the ability to double target and the ubiquity of Taunt; Kyurem-B discourages bulkier teams only because they always use like two of Heatran / Rotom-W / Amoonguss rather than things that can actually beat it like Suicune and Jirachi

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Defense is not something possible in a Doubles format due to the ability to double target and the ubiquity of Taunt; Kyurem-B discourages bulkier teams only because they always use like two of Heatran / Rotom-W / Amoonguss rather than things that can actually beat it like Suicune and Jirachi
dont have this discussion in my thread

anyways heres my first go: an attempt at building around Blaziken because I really like Blaziken. it OHKOes 2/3 of the pokes in Tiers 1 and 1.5.

Gonna start with my personal Blaziken set; there are many like it, but this one is mine:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Speed Boost
164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive
- Superpower
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Flaws of Blaziken's:
  • Talonflame
  • Rain
  • Trick Room
  • Needing to stay in a turn to get going—speed control would be nice, though not mandatory
  • Azumarill
  • Sub users—because Blaziken protects a lot they can get cheeky subs with pressure from their partner and then blaziken cri
  • Few switchin opportunities
  • Diancie/Keldeo require chip
  • Thundurus
  • Latios
Options for second pokemon:

Offensive Thund. Pros: Outspeeds Talon/Diancie/Keldeo (can't switch in). Has protect. If i switch Blaziken to HP Ice, still beats Zard. Has prio t-wave. Cons: not a switch-in on anything (bad since Blaziken often wants to switch out).
Defensive Thund. Pros: Paralyzes Ludicolo for Rain MU (Blaziken EVd to OHKO). Paralyzes shit easy (yellow magic is god). Better at switching in on Talon. Taunt helps vs TR and Sub. Cons: Worse Keld/Diancie/Thundurus/Latios MU. Lack of Protect means that Blaziken can't help me out vs Scarf Lando.

I looked for some things that would help me with the single-pokemon matchups I had trouble with but I couldn't find anything great yet. Checked out Darkrai, Mega Lucario (speed control me pls), QG Keld (doesn't work at all). I like the idea of pairing Thundurus with Blaziken in general, because the speed control is really helpful for an offensive team. I need help vs TR too, so I want taunt. But defensive thund is yucky because no Protect. So I'm going to use this set:

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Prankster
244 HP / 104 Def / 8 SpA / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Flaws of this two-mon combo:
  • DISGUSTING latios matchup
  • Bad diancie/cube/keldeo/thundurus matchups
  • rotom-w
  • Landorus-T
  • bulky poke mans in general
  • Sylveon
  • don't like redirection
Looks like my best bet is a bulkier poke of my own. Two options which spring to immediate mind are Gardevoir and Aegislash. Gardevoir has decent special bulk and ploughs through a lot of the Pokemon i'm afraid of, like Rotom-W, Mega Venu, Latios, Keldeo, Cube, and can imprison Sylveon (and to a lesser extent other Garde / Latios). Aegislash serves as a sorely needed switchin for Rock-type moves and helps with my not good matchup vs QuakeSlide in general. But I don't like Aegislash's matchup vs most offensive Pokemon and it seems to lack the ability to keep up with this team's tempo or take advantage of the speed control Thundurus provides. I'm also already subtran bait For now, I'll add MGarde and keep looking from there.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Trace
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Imprison

I'll almost certainly end up wanting a bulkier spread for talon, diancie, and lando-t but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. nah fuck it we'll cross it now:

244 HP / 12 Def / 120 SpA / 132 Spe

Lives talon BB, we'll see if that's enough bulk to be comfortable. I'll probably end up adding Intimidate to this team at this rate so that I can avoid getting raped by KFC, which will also help my Garde's livablility.

rn i want:
  • rock type switchin
  • beats kfc
  • beats subtran
  • preferably physical attacker (bc im weaker to things like sylv and latios and mgarde rn)
  • lando switchins
this list basically sounds like I want Lando-t and honestly after a lot of thinking (various fighting types, steels, even considering garchomp) ive decided that lando-t is indeed the right pick, but im not going to do a classic scarf. going with my theme of using protect on things w/ no business running protect:

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Intimidate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Explosion
-Protect

Debated explosion or U-turn but Explosion gives me a kapow against Rotom-W / Fairies / whatever. Explosion also gives even freer switches to Blaziken than u-turn does which is good cuz blaziken needs free switches badly. Without bulk Im able to outrun standard zard. At this point I'm seriously thinking about HP ice on Blaziken, if i do change then im definitely not going to slow down my landorus but if i don't then i might.

fears:

- Venusaur, kind of. Blaziken/Thund are both good against zard/venu leads though.
- Still fires, esp subtran (since garde's sub bait), with my only resist being blaziken
- waters for sure, i have no resists lol
- sash gar, keld, diancie, latios still not fun.

I think about follow me for a little bit, amoonguss helps with keld/waters/sashgar/diancie but doesn't help my talon matchup and definitely doesnt help against subtran, Jirachi is right out, Togekiss is only good if you're fighting weak, and Blastoise sounds promising but i remember using blastoise once and it completely sucked ass. so i don't think follow me is going to work on this team.

Two options that come to mind are Talon and Suicune. Both have Tailwind which, with LO lando, Mega Garde, and Blaziken, is something i really think I would want. Suicune is better defensively, helps with Diancie and Subtran. Talon is better offensively, helps with Ludicolo, Latios, Keld, Venusaur. I *hate* adding more subtran bait though, and talon is bad vs lando-t. So I'm going to go with Cune. Having +2 speed on the Pokemon on this team will be a serious help vs the offensive Pokemon that i'm fearing atm.

I hate ice beam and almost didn't include it, but I already am dragon weak enough so i need it. With Tailwind I'm seriously considering doing U-turn instead of Explosion on my Lando-T, so that I can OHKO latios. I want protect on Suicune so I can EQ safely, which means my options seem to be Explosion + Ice Beam or U-turn + Snarl. Right now I go with the former but keep this in the back of my mind. The idea of using Snarl + Mgarde in tailwind sounds vicious.

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Pressure
232 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam

which makes stone edge all but a lock on blaziken so i dont get rekt by zard.

Last slot needs to be a rain check. MGarde/thund/cune/even blaziken are passable vs rain but I don't feel confident. more specifically i want a ludicolo check. I also want it to check TR. I already have speed control so u know what why the fuck not hoopa-u.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Magician
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

If it's too hard to play this team against talonflame then i'll beef up the hoopa-u or change it. I had thought briefly about Bisharp or Talonflame in this slot anyways. This also makes me feel a lot better about running sub bait.

I just realized that I kept calling Talon KFC but Blaziken is also KFC so the name of this team is going to be KFC Original

So this is the team at a final glance:

you have been visited by the genies of healthy meta

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ok im worried about my kang matchup and complete lack of fairy resists already i will report in if they become a major issue

be prepared for me to post "i scrapped this team" a lot cuz i do that a lot

Colbrushie i like the fried chicken but honestly ever since i first had the grilled chicken ive never looked back its very very good. i like cole slaw so i get that as a side basically whenever its offered, otherwise it kinda just depends how im feeling at the moment

nicks are not thrust upon you, you forge them with your own destiny (i dont like nicknaming my pokemon because theyre never clever nicknames. if i come up with something good i'll use it)

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
164 Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Diancie: 251-296 (104.1 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Just going to leave this here

edit: seems weak to trick room ngl

Stratos

Banned deucer.
sometimes i feel like my posting style is influenced by my avatar

edit: fuck off check

edit2: yeah it does i noticed that after i had put in 5 pokemon but i think its manageable thanks to my copious use of protect. how can i be trick room weak when i have thunder wave??

import so you dont have to manually do it :]

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 104 Def / 8 SpA / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 120 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Imprison

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
Importable with proper set convention

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 104 Def / 8 SpA / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 120 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Imprison
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
POSTING FOR KyleCole

Look I made a team

ok so I didn't think that people cared really based on the response I got in my post before (not enough likes), but then Stratos called me an Instagram Bikini model so I figured I had to post a team. I would love to see you guys prove me wrong on the whole "not caring" thing, anyways here's a squad I just put together. I build it around Diancie + Sub Cube because I've always maintained that it's a scrub core and is the team building equivalent of crossing your fingers with your eyes shut at team preview, but then I thought I could build around the core so that EVERY game had a good matchup!

Also please don't panic if while you're scrolling through this post as fast as your track pad can manage to get to the importable, you spot a completely standard set that isn't as optimal as one with a slightly different moveset.

Started with this:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Starting with standard sets. Damn look at all of those good match-ups on paper! Basically nothing is safe from this core offensively speaking! However, as several posts in any doubles suspect thread will remind you, your opponent also gets 2 Pokemon on their side of the field, so the core is not without issues. These 2 Pokemon also struggle massively with switching into common attacks, so that needed to be covered for as well. Basically here's the full list of complaints:
Char Y + Venusaur/Scarf Lando T/anything that outspeeds + KOs Diancie
Aegislash & Ferrothorn but all Steels in some degree
Kangaskhan Trick Room & Trick Room in general
switching into + beating a healthy Kang
CM Cress
Azumarill + Amoonguss or Jirachi
Keldeo/Virizion
Opposing Diancie
Smaller Issues
Still need Speed Control
Opposing Kyurem B behind a sub
Excadrill
Scarf Lando T Rock Sliding to victory / EQ
The list of complaints is kind of long and I knew that I wouldn't be able to find one mon that covered all of my issues, but the biggest concerns I had seemed to be mostly solved with 1 Pokemon immediately.

Team Member #3

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

So Aegislash with Wide Guard stomps out a lot of the issues we started with, we also get the nice fairy/dragon/steel core people are always going on about. I didn't use Substitute over Wide Guard because I didn't think we needed to go overboard with sub users, but the bigger reasons were that Wide Guard and Flash Cannon were too important for supporting Diancie and Kyurem and beating other Diancie and Kyurem. I went with Weakness Policy for the item because it seemed like the best pick; we don't need Leftovers recovery without Sub, we dont need Goggles with Sub Kyurem and Magic Bounce Diancie, and the Weakness Policy boosts gets a quicker KO on Kangaskhan and enemy Aegislash. The 80 SDef lets Aegislash avoid the 2HKO from Kyurem-B Earth Power Adding Aegislash opens up a weakness to Darks, Fires, and ghosts, but other than Aegislash we had those threats covered already. So here is the updated list of issues to solve for the next 3 members of the team.
Char Y + Venusaur
Aegislash & Ferrothorn but all Steels in some degree
generally slow, risk of being overwhelmed by fast offensive teams in general
Can't stop TR set up
Smaller Issues
Still need Speed Control
Excadrill
Azumarill
Keldeo
Can't OHKO Kangaskhan
So adding Aegislash fixed a lot of problems, but added a big one. Having 3 slow Pokemon on team preview (Diancie has to Mega Evolve remember) just isn't my style, with a slower lead it can be difficult to generate some offensive momentum from the start so that needed to be fixed.

Team Member #4

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Landorus-T's contribution to the team isn't best measured in bullet points. To put it simply, it speeds my team up while slowing my opponent down. With Intimidate, U-Turn, and awesome coverage what more could I ask for? Well a little bit, but I still have 2 team members to go.
Char Y + Venusaur
Wide Guard Aegislash & Ferrothorn
Can't stop TR set up
Smaller Issues
Still need Speed Control
Azumarill + Redirection
Keldeo
Can't reliably OHKO Kangaskhan

Team Member #5

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Rotom forms in general are pretty uncommon nowadays, but Heat tom is a great pick for this team to tie up almost all of the loose ends. It takes care of Sun, it takes care of Steels, it takes care of Steel Wing Talonflame which I just realized would've been a problem. I went with Thunder Wave over the more conventional Will-O-Wisp because I needed speed control and I really didn't need burn. Also no team is complete without paralysis + Rock Slide. Also, even though Kyurem-B would be a problem behind a Substitute, with Rotom Heat on the team there really isn't anything Kyurem-B can set up a Substitute on! Our mystery last member will make this even more correct, but it's a team building point I think is important.
Can't stop TR set up
Smaller Issues
Keldeo
I'd like another Spore immune

Team Member #6

Virizion @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Taunt
- Protect

Grass Deer! We had to dip pretty far down on the viability rankings but Virizion is a crowd favourite so it's on the team. Seriously though, Virizion provides another quick Pokemon (which I needed), a reliably way to OHKO Kangaskhan and Keldeo, and a way to stop TR set up! The Expert Belt lets Virizion OHKO Kang specifically, and the 8 HP EVs let it avoid the OHKO from Modest Heatran's Heat Wave.

That's the team! I'll use the team a bit and update if it needs any changes, but here's the importable for you guys to give it a shot. Thanks for reading if you actually did read this!

Changes so far
  1. Made Rotom-H more bulky
  2. As much as it pains me to admit it, Check mightve been right about Talonflame. The Sun and rain match ups aren't the best, so I'm trying it out. I'll edit the importable if it's a better fit.
  3. Talonflame is better in some match ups but a lot worse in others. Vs rain, sun, and TR having Talonflame is better, but against standard Kanga teams with amoonguss you have to play it way too carefully to be dependable. Heattom is better in these games but in the end I would have to with Talonflame as an overall better pick for the team. Playing against chlorophyll Venusaur is difficult and playing Swift Swim Ludicolo is almost impossible. I've updated the importable with Talonflame but if you want to use Rotom Heat there is a good spread on the next page.
  4. (Nov.22)I guess this thread has reached the end of it's life cycle but fwiw I've changed from Expert Belt to Life Orb on Virizion. I just lost an game entirely because Virizion couldn't get the extra 8% to KO a Suicune and getting a low roll where there didn't need to be one against a Kyurem-B so that's never happening again.
  5. (Dec.7)Hello again dead thread, I'm changing Taunt on Virizion for Sunny Day for a better rain matchup. Ludicolo rain is fine to play against with Kyurem-B, but against Kingdra having only a slower dragon isn't a great check. It's also nice for Talonflame I suppose. I'm also bumping up Kyurem to max speed to win that fight.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Sunny Day
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Last edited by a moderator:

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
some comments/impressions (note I've never seen this team used) cuz might as well get some dialogue going:

- aegis set @.@

- hella fullroom weak imo, no priority attackers + only fullroom check is aegis which teams prepare pretty well for, and it's also not sub. Taunt virizion isn't enough imho esp since no wisp on heattom? What does this team do to stop a kang+jelly or kang+chand first turn set+sweep? the best it can do is predict the fake out and bring in landot and get free intimidate or something idk it's what I see anyways

- the last 2 mons seem like they're both lower viability with no real justification for using them

I looked at your check list of threats prior to team slot #5

Char Y + Venusaur
Wide Guard Aegislash & Ferrothorn
Can't stop TR set up
Smaller Issues
Still need Speed Control
Azumarill + Redirection
Keldeo
and why not just use talonflame>heattom? wisp + tailwind cover what you need and talon+diancie synergy is really good while also giving a better fullroom matchup? Really curious about this because I've personally found talon be better than heattom in many cases and never really liked heattom

also thank jesus that Kylecole uses proper set convention

some comments/impressions (note I've never seen this team used) cuz might as well get some dialogue going:
What does this team do to stop a kang+jelly or kang+chand first turn set+sweep?
CC/Taunt w viriz + sub w kyub turn 1

EDIT: or CC/Taunt w grass deer and attack the setter with Aegislash

and why not just use talonflame>heattom?
1) Talonflame is not a talonflame check
2) Talonflame is barely a Charizard check
3) Talonflame can not switch into amoonguss without goggles
4) Talonflame can not beat a Ferrothorn or Aegislash on a kings shield, and then continue to play

that being said, I could try Talon over Heattom, its just super unreliable and while it would improve a matchup against Full TR it would make just about every other one worse. Also Twave > Tailwind since im not weak to Lando T or Thundurus.

Last edited:

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
CC/Taunt w viriz + sub w kyub turn 1

1) Talonflame is not a talonflame check
2) Talonflame is barely a Charizard check
3) Talonflame can not switch into amoonguss without goggles
4) Talonflame can not beat a Ferrothorn or Aegislash on a kings shield, and then continue to play

that being said, I could try Talon over Heattom, its just super unreliable and while it would improve a matchup against Full TR it would make just about every other one worse. Also Twave > Tailwind since im not weak to Lando T or Thundurus.
idk that first turn doesn't sound very solid tbh, it's still a free set at the expense of a sub. Maybe your team is geared to fight tr under it but still seems rather sketchy

As for talon vs heattom tailwind talon makes every nearly every sun team a free win having both diancie+talon. You don't really need charizard/talon checks when you already have diancie imo, and talon is more effective at keeping down venusaur and imho just better in general. Tailwind is better speed control esp bcuz no priority twave

thinkin

Banned deucer.
this team is super weak to bulky waters like diancie looses, kyub doesnt deal dmg, lando looses, rotomh is weak to water, you just hate suicune. also id change virision for other grass since the only thing it does for you is hit waters + tr check since you have a way to do good dmg to kang (lando), amoong i think would be better in that spot since it can switch in etc.

You might want to try Spooky Plate on Aegis to increase damage vs things like Amoonguss and Rotom-W to help Kube kill em' to make Diancie's life better. It does a bunch of consistent damage to things whilst WP leaves you vulnerable since you need to take SE damage for it to proc, but since you're putting such a big emphasis on Flash Cannon you might want to try Iron Plate to get that 48% chance to OHKO Kube and it 2HKOes kang more reliably too.

252+ SpA Iron Plate Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 228 HP / 28 SpD Kyurem-B: 408-480 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

this team is super weak to bulky waters
You might want to try Spooky Plate on Aegis to increase damage vs things like Amoonguss and Rotom-W to help Kube kill em' to make Diancie's life better. It does a bunch of consistent damage to things whilst WP leaves you vulnerable since you need to take SE damage for it to proc, but since you're putting such a big emphasis on Flash Cannon you might want to try Iron Plate to get that 48% chance to OHKO Kube and it 2HKOes kang more reliably too.
Honestly guys with this team I am not even slightly worried about Amoonguss or "Bulky Waters" given that I have multiple answers for all of them. Specifically the only one that could be an issue is Snarl Suicune to bother Sub Cube and Heattom. I still have Virizion though, who is an excellent Suicune answer. With Taunt to stop Tailwind and Justified to discourage/punish snarl, there isn't much Suicune can do. DD gyarados could be an issue but this is a problem only made worse by swapping Virizion for Amoonguss, that being said there aren't too many situations where I can see Gyarados DDing on this team.

Iron Plate Aegislash sounds like it could be a good pick, it does slightly worsen my matchup in Trick Room but I could give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)