If Pokemon Formed A Criminal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there.

I want to write this with my friends; it's something we've talked about tonight. This will be about a criminal enterprise comprised of Pokemon and how it would operate more efficiently than one formed by humans and for what reasons. We talked about several possibilities, but here's a detailed skeleton of what we came up with (very subject to have editions):

Finances: Persian

While crime rings in the real world would have to rely on gaining money by either stealing, working, or otherwise employing others, Persians can generate currency simply by using Pay Day, which can greatly benefit the finance department of any organization. You wouldn't have to do anything illegal to get it, and you wouldn't have to run the economic risks of losing money that come with employing people and having to keep up and compete with other businesses.

Intelligence: Alakazam & Metagross

Alakazam and Metagross wouldn't find a hard time becoming the brains of the operation. While organizations in the real world consist of planners, think tanks, and devices that store and calculate information, this pair is able to come up with logical plans extremely quickly and without the help of outside resources that require electricity or manpower to operate. According to Pokedex entries, Alakazam has an IQ of 5000 with the ability to communicate its information telepathically, while Metagross's four-brained neural system makes it able to process even highly difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. These two are all a criminal organization would need for their intel.

Cyber Crime: Rotom & Porygon

Again forgoing the manpower and wages required to make it possible in the real world, Rotom and Porygon are all that is needed to push a cyber crime circuit for the organization. Rotom's ability to inhabit and manipulate electronic devices for its own ends will allow it to not only take over computers, but also allow Porygon a way into the internet to be able to hack websites and possibly even other computers by linking itself to IP addresses. Once inside a computer, Porygon is able to move freely through cyberspace, being comprised entirely of programming code, to complete its criminal tasks.

Torture: Banette & Chandelure

Banette and Chandelure are two Pokemon that enemies of the organization do not want to find themselves in the same room with. The sadistic Banette finds joy in laying curses on its victims by sticking pins and needles into its own body, serving as its own voodoo doll to torture people. Chandelure is able to hypnotize its enemies by waving its flames, and being consumed by Chandelure's fire burns up the soul while leaving the body behind. There's no telling what extreme level of pain that actually causes.

Anyway, this is most of it. We talked about maybe using Golurk as a guardian and Ditto as a spy... Honchkrow as the boss... it's still coming together, but I think it will come out to be a good article. I know it appears that I wrote all of this here, but it has been a combined effort of myself and the co-writers I had in mind before I put it in here to be submitted. I just made it pretty, haha.

The 3 co-writers I have in mind do not have access to Article Workshop yet. Their usernames are Eyan, Floette, and HYDRO IMPACT, fairly new users. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I get the idea behind this article, but to me, this is not an idea to be realised in a written article, and instead be incorporated one way or the other in novels and other manners of story telling. It's one of those ideas that you think is cool, but wouldn't want to read an article that explains why they're cool. I got this impression from our last chat, and even with a more fleshed out skeleton in front of me, that impression is sadly unchanged. Even though there are new talents becoming out of job, I'll still lean towards no.

I'm sort of on the fence. I don't think this would be a bad article, but as Bummer said, the concept itself seems more interesting than the explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)