Identifying a Design Philosophy

I think I have an idea for how suspect testing should work. I think both the OU council and suspect testing are a good idea, so I would like to integrate those to form a sort of bi-cameral legislator.
  • The OU council should be made of 9 people, to prevent ties. The council and the council only may vote to suspect a certain Pokemon. This is mainly because the suspect threads are full of BS with a few exceptions. Sometimes I see excellent players and badgeholders post some random calc and expect people to believe them. Suspect threads are so hard simply because it is impossible to recreate any given battle situation, because battle conditions vary so much. I would much rather trust the council members to do their jobs fairly and reliably without seeing a bunch of mostly pointless arguments. The majority should be at the very least 5/9.
  • The second "house" should be a competent player base. The laddering reqs are, for the most part, fine for this. They must reach over a 50% majority to ban or let the Pokemon stay. They have the power to override the OU council if there is a >70% majority.
  • The ban will only pass if both "houses" reach their respective majorities.
  • A super majority in the OU council is 7/8.
  • If there are opposite super majorities, then the suspect is considered not broken.
I probably forgot lots of stuff. Anyway, these are just my three cents.

I think I have an idea for how suspect testing should work. I think both the OU council and suspect testing are a good idea, so I would like to integrate those to form a sort of bi-cameral legislator.
  • The OU council should be made of 9 people, to prevent ties. The council and the council only may vote to suspect a certain Pokemon. This is mainly because the suspect threads are full of BS with a few exceptions. Sometimes I see excellent players and badgeholders post some random calc and expect people to believe them. Suspect threads are so hard simply because it is impossible to recreate any given battle situation, because battle conditions vary so much. I would much rather trust the council members to do their jobs fairly and reliably without seeing a bunch of mostly pointless arguments. The majority should be at the very least 5/9.
  • The second "house" should be a competent player base. The laddering reqs are, for the most part, fine for this. They must reach over a 50% majority to ban or let the Pokemon stay. They have the power to override the OU council if there is a >70% majority.
  • The ban will only pass if both "houses" reach their respective majorities.
  • A super majority in the OU council is 7/8.
  • If there are opposite super majorities, then the suspect is considered not broken.
I probably forgot lots of stuff. Anyway, these are just my three cents.
Sounds fair, but I don't like the "override council at 70%" part. It should be a bit more IMO, like 80%(that might be too high but STILL)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Considering how unlikely that (council and second house disagreeing on such a level) is to happen, I don't think it's an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)