I'd like to create a doubles OU/UU mix team that centers around Slaking and Skill Swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I can only get 2 Pokemon to start that team:
  1. Slaking
  2. A Pokemon that has Skill Swap.
I don't know who's the best Skill Swapper to use and what other 4 Pokemon would sync with that strategy.

I don't want to use Doodle Grafaiai because he takes longer to set up and Grafaiai is just a generally frail Pokemon.

Posts telling me to not to use this strategy at all will be ignored.

Thanks for the help.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Posts telling me to not to use this strategy at all will be ignored.
I've got some bad news for you - Slaking is bad. It straight up doesn't do enough damage to be worth handicapping yourself with a Slaking. Your highest damage STAB is Mega Kick (we all know how 75 Accuracy feels in practice), and then your next best is Body Slam. 252 Adamant Body Slam isn't even a guaranteed KO on uninvested Chi-Yu!

If you had a gun to my head and forced me to build a Slaking team, I'd probably look at Espeon to keep status moves off of Slaking, or at Tinkaton to give it Own Tempo, which prevents Slaking from being Intimidated. From there, maybe try Bulk Up? Idk, making Slaking worth a team slot is hard and not worth it. The rest of the team should be really good Pokemon to make up for the Slaking you put on the team. Shoutout to Amoonguss for being very good and also getting Worry Seed to get rid of Truant (good luck finding a slot for it though).

If future DLC ever brings Weezing back into the game, then it might be worth taking a second look at Slaking, since you don't need to waste a turn making Slaking a real Pokemon. This worked out okay in BDSP DOU.

Anyway, this forum isn't really used for general inquiry threads. For future questions, please use the DOU Overview and Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)