SM Ubers I Wanna Be The One - USUM Ubers RMT

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:sm/kyogre-primal: :sm/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :sm/Xerneas: :sm/groudon-primal: :sm/yveltal: :sm/arceus:

I Wanna Be The One
Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome at my first (real :eyes:) RMT ! This RMT is post for celebrate the end of USUM Ubers and the passage at the new generation : Pokémon Sword and Shield! It is very special moment for me, since USUM Ubers have been the tier where I have started at play on PS!, the tier where I have made for the first time a decent run, the first tier that I have tryhard, the first tier that I have played on tournament scene and ect ! I really wanted do a RMT since long time, and I think that it is best choice to post a USUM Ubers team for emotional reasons.
It also not a hasard if the team is an "Double Primal" Team. Double Primal teams have been real style of teams in all USUM thanks at impressive offensive pressure that this style of teams have typically. Personally, I alawys liked the Double Primal, even my first real ubers team was Double Primal team!
The team present isn't really old, I have only build, in "only" 1 month and half ago. In fact, it was for a french teamtour, called BBPL, against Staxi. I will explain more the Teambuilding Process later, but I have decided to start to build around Mixed Primal-Kyogre and SD+Moonlight NDM, this core can pressure a large portion of metagame between the sheer power of Primal-Kyogre and the SD+Z Move of NDM, while still have defensive presence thank at bulk of both NDM and Primal-Kyogre.
Anyway... enjoy ! :)

:kyogre-primal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Already cover this ^ :P

:kyogre-primal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas:
Xerneas was added as Scarfer to add speed control at the team,
in addition to bring an Dark-resists and Aromatherapy user.

:kyogre-primal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :groudon-primal:
At this stade, I need a Stealth Rock setter, and defensive Primal-Groudon
did fantastic job to this, giving at me a switch at Primal-Kyogre and NDM. Excellent gluemon overall.

:kyogre-primal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :groudon-primal: :Yveltal:
After this, I need to have ground immunity and Deffoger.
Defensive Yveltal was perfect for this, and have good defensive synergy with Primal-Groudon.

:kyogre-primal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :groudon-primal: :Yveltal: :arceus:
The last slot was relatively free, and I have picked EKiller Arceus to help to revenge killing. It giving at me a lategame sweeper.

:sm/kyogre-primal:
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Primo-Kyogre is, to be honest, a terrific Pokémon in USUM Ubers metagame.
Indeed, Rain-boosted Water moves are incredibly hard to switch into for anything that doesn't resist or immune, and with the possibility to be played both specially and physically, it basically the best wallbreakeur of USUM.
Here, it is classic Mixed Primo-Kyogre, with Earthquake to deal with Primal-Groudon, who help NDM to deal with Primal-Groudon.
Ice Beam and Thunder complete the coverage.
EV Explanation : It is simple, max Atk and max Speed for maximize damage input and speed.

:sm/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane is a great Pokémon in USUM Ubers thank notably at acces to Sword Dance and powerful Z Move. The SD+Moonlight set combines the wallbreaking of offensive set with the Heal of defensive set, making a very interesting set. It is good wincon overall.
EV Explanation : 148 Speed allows Dusk-Mane to outspeed untransfomed Zygarde-Complete, Max Atk is for max power, the rest in the HP for more bulk. It could seems kinda weird to try of outspeed a Pokémon who normally wall Necrozma-DM. But in fact Zygarde before Power Construct can be OHKO by +2 Z Move after few chip damage, so speed is worth I think.

:sm/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Scarf Xerneas is classic but still effective set. Moonblast with Fairy Aura and Modest Nature hit hard that don't resist like Support Arceus formes, and allows to revange kill lot of thing like Zygarde-C after Dragon Dance, Ultra-Necrozma and ect. Aromatherapy and Defog is standard and help the team overall, especially Aromatherapy, in cure status.
Hidden Power Fire is the most curious choice, but it help against Ferrothorn and MZor two pokemons that my team can struggle against.
EV Explanation : It is pretty classic, max speed is for max speed and max spa, well is for more damage input :P

:sm/groudon-primal:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Toxic

Primal-Groudon is an very good Stealth Rock setter, it check ton of thing like Primal-Kyogre, Necrozma-DM,
Xerneas, Mewtwo. I don't have so much to say here honestly, it just so good.
EV Explanation : 56 Defense with Relaxed Nature allows to take +2 EQ from NDM, without Stealth Rock, and it is still good roll in favor of Primal-Groudon after Stealth Rock. Rest in the bulk.

:sm/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Standard defensive Yveltal set, it gives me a switch at notably NDM, Ultra-Necrozma, Arceus-Ground and Arceus, all thing that I technically revenge kill or check but I don't always want see my Primal-Groudon take 50% from EQ of NDM for finally don't take 2 ice beams for Primal-Kyogre for example.
It is my main Defog, and my main check at Primal-Groudon defensive varients. (Offensive varients is most likely revenge kill by Primal-Kyogre, and they don't really want switch on any membres of the team)
I personally prefer Leftovers for Heal a bit the damage from Stealth Rock, but Charti Berry is a option too.
EV Explanation : Classic spread, 80 Speed Yveltal allows to outspeed no Jolly Necrozma-DM (Jolly NDM is alawys the Ultra) and Foul Play before NDM attack. 248 HP and 180 Def is for the physical bulk.

:sm/arceus:
Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

The final Pokémon of my Team, Sword Dance with STAB Extreme Speed can sweep wakened opposing teams pretty easily.
Recover allows to Arceus to function like a bulky set-up, he can set up against support Arceus-Ground who lack of Toxic for example.
Chople Berry with Shadow Claw provides additional security measures against Marshadow. Indeed if Stealth Rock are up, my defensive Yveltal is 2HKOed by LO Close Combat, and Xerneas has unfortunately no heal, making easy to chip.
EV Explanation : Again, classic spread here, 16 in Speed allows to outspeed no nature-positive base 90, essentially Primal and Ho-Oh. Max Atk is for more damage input, while the rest of EV is put in bulk for recover more easily.​
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Replay&Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-986483304-pff3txqjzl36e2rounbii3odbwrz42wpw The original match vs Staxi, that I have won.
https://imgur.com/a/kzEef8K The 93,8% GXE recherched earlier today (yes today!). I haven't be super careful about screen, so I have forgot to screen the ladder.
However, It should be relativised imo, I haven't made 163 battles with this team, yeah. IIRC I have started at battle with the team at a moment when I have ~90,5%Gxe. It still notable a +3% GXE augmentation.
https://imgur.com/a/O6b9qQ0 Proof that the alt "LaBalladeDeKyogre" is myself.

Theartlist
Ferrothorn and Mega-Scizor

These Steel-types are pretty annoying, especially Ferrothorn, since they can wall good portions of my team and can stack Spikes or slow U-Turn in back. Both can be surprised by HP Fire Xerneas on the switch however.

Eruption Primal Groudon

Especially if the Primal-Groudon is speed boosting Nature to outspeed Primal-Kyogre, it is difficult to deal with, since Primal-Groudon has still the bulk to deal with Xerneas and Arceus, my two main revenge killer. Eruption easily kill my defensive Yveltal, witch is my main thing for Primal-Groudon. However the team don't easily give at Primal-Groudon free switch.

Stall :Giratina: :Blissey: :Ho-Oh:

Just an annoying match up I feel, it isn't an impossible matchup, but it is annoying yeah.

Some overall s/o before the end...
S poi re for pick me for this tour!
HGgamer, Winkata two cool users keep it :^)
Also s/o Arcanistes gang and om fr gang!

:P

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)