SV OU I don’t know what I’m doing, but I want to.

So, I’m not a good teambuilder, and this is my first (usable) SV team. However, I’d say that while it’s maybe not a good team, it’s quite fun to use, and since it’s quite standard (I think), it’s usable.
The main idea of the team is to support mostly Maushold, and and to use Kingambit as a late-game cleaner and to deal with ghost types. I would also say that Garganacl is probably the defensive backbone of the team, and is, surprisingly, a wallbreaker.

Elephant Talk (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Great Tusk is, of course, a really good Pokémon in general. I use it here mostly as an offensive utility and wallbreaker (although that doesn’t come up often). It also beats Gholdengo, but most of the team can. However, it is important to note that rapid spin ends up being used very little for its actual use, because the opponent rarely gets an opportunity to set up hazards anyway if they’re not running Glimmora.

Schizoid Man (Armarouge) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Armarouge was originally used as a will-o-wisp user on this team, but I changed it to a weak armour sweeper. High defensive investments to make sure it lives, and 180bp stored power at +3 SpA is brutal. Of course, the problem is getting it there, and not getting killed by aqua jet/sucker punch/any priority move/a faster Pokémon, but I’ve had a few people forfeit when they accidentally don’t kill it.

Moonchild (Maushold) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Tidy Up
Maushold is the offensive backbone of the team, and most of the time you’re just trying to get Maushold out safely, so that it can outspeed and one (or 10) shot the opponent. The main issue is that it’s quite frail, and if you wanna set up with tidy up you’re sacrificing hazards on your opponent’s side, but it’s damage is too good to give up.
It also counters Hisuian Zoroark. It two-shots with bite, has a 30% chance to flinch it while doing so, outspeeds it, and can survive a specs boosted hypervoice.

Epitaph (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Recover
The best way for the team to take care of threats that are too fast for the others to handle, and a dangerous set-up sweeper with its ironpress combo. And salt cure is good too. Not much to say really.

THRAK (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
Since so many teams have ways of dealing with hazards, why have Glimmora? Well, it’s really good at setting up hazards that the opponent really wants to get rid of, which means a great opportunity to set up with Maushold! Most players seem to really not want hazards up, and the free turn that gives you is amazingly useful. However, there is very little reason to keep it alive, so it’s a bit of a one-time-use, but boy is it a good use.

King Crimson (Kingambit) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
Kingambit is a great late game cleaner and, if given the opportunity, a dangerous set-up sweeper. Supreme Overlord is always really good, especially in the late game. Although be wary of getting burned, because despite its unreasonably high attack stat, it’s practically useless if it gets burned.

I’m not good at this (neither the teambuilding not explaining things), but I’m hoping to one day be pretty decent, and for that I need someone who actually knows things to help me! So that’s about it!

Good team, two suggestions.

First, if you're having trouble with armarouge, can it. You have so many other offensive mons on this team that I think you would really benefit from some defensive support/ utility. I am a fan of clodsire with unaware (since it looks like wake is going to get banned) so you can have toxic and another good spdef mon to pair with garg (maybe haze too if you're feeling spicy). Or even def r-helmet corv would work well with u-turn for some pivot action. I would probably say corv since your team gets eaten by ground attacks. (Will-o-wips skele might work well here too, though).

Second, if you're going to use glimmora (instead of giving rocks to tusk/ clod, for instance), then I don't see a need for mortal spin since you already have the best spinner in the game on your team (I.E. tusk). Sure poisoning is good but it's very situational and suicidal in this case. And I guarantee you that you will get more use out of glimmora if you give it a third attacking move for coverage (energy ball/ dazzling gleam).

And on second look, the way your team is now if armor goes down to a nice sucker punch I could probably take it down with a single well-used corv... (maybe sans garg).

Anyway, all of its food for thought. Try out some things, see how it works, and play around with it.

I hope this helps...

Good team, two suggestions.

First, if you're having trouble with armarouge, can it. You have so many other offensive mons on this team that I think you would really benefit from some defensive support/ utility. I am a fan of clodsire with unaware (since it looks like wake is going to get banned) so you can have toxic and another good spdef mon to pair with garg (maybe haze too if you're feeling spicy). Or even def r-helmet corv would work well with u-turn for some pivot action. I would probably say corv since your team gets eaten by ground attacks. (Will-o-wips skele might work well here too, though).

Second, if you're going to use glimmora (instead of giving rocks to tusk/ clod, for instance), then I don't see a need for mortal spin since you already have the best spinner in the game on your team (I.E. tusk). Sure poisoning is good but it's very situational and suicidal in this case. And I guarantee you that you will get more use out of glimmora if you give it a third attacking move for coverage (energy ball/ dazzling gleam).

And on second look, the way your team is now if armor goes down to a nice sucker punch I could probably take it down with a single well-used corv... (maybe sans garg).

Anyway, all of its food for thought. Try out some things, see how it works, and play around with it.

I hope this helps...
Thanks for the advice! I’ll try it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)