Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Play Rough
- Flail
- Protect

It's like FEAR, but worse and legal! (Endeavor can't be used 'cause transfering stuff or whatever.)

I wanna share a few thoughts on this Interesting format:

:Raichu-Alola:

sad that knock off cant be transferred

252+ SpA Raichu-Alola Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pikachu: 226-267 (107.1 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
now, Pikachu can decide how much HP and SpD / Def (which will be risky) it wants to run, Raichu however will always outspeed adamant Pikachu with just 96 Speed EVs

Also:
-Magnet Rise
Raichu A can use Magnet Rise to easily deal with Dig

-running defense / spdef against Raichu-A is useless because it can have either Psychic or Psyshock - of which Psyshock seems a lot better considering Pikachus / Raichus defenses being lower than spdefs. So just run 252 HP if you want to bulk for it

-surge surfer can get support from electric terran and run virtually no speed and still outspeed every single pikachu / pichu / normal raichu on the map

-Future Sight
Future Sight will be incredibly strong if you are able to stall time with Max Guard / Protect (or Fake Outs from Pichu / Pikachu), it also is a very strong option if you want Raichu-A to be your Dynamax User.
(it 2HKOs 252 HP Dynamaxed Pikachu, even without Dynamax)

-Bulky Weakness Policy
Bulky WP + Terrain might tear trough teams

-Nasty Plot
Raichu-A Oneshots everything after one NP

-Encore, Yawn, Wish, Toxic+Rest Stall

:Raichu:

-Bulky Stall, Eerie impulse
Eerie impulse + maybe Rest should tear down Raichu-A as that doesnt run lightning rod

There isnt really any other reason to run Raichu over Raichu-A as Raichu-A has way better offensive qualities

:Pikachu:

-Light Ball offense
you basically dont need that many attack EVs
(112 if you want Max Quake to KO non Dynamaxed)

-non Light Ball offense
probably Sash as an Item i guess

:Pichu:

-random support sets
screens, fake out, endure, custap, charm, encore, terrain, wish
Wish might grant some backup if used with custap to keep the next switch in healthy
Sash / Eviolite / Custap
(not a big fan of Eviolite)

Tier List:

S-
:Garchomp: Chomper (always switch to chomper there)
:Raichu-Alola: Raichu-Alola

A+
:Pikachu: Pikachu

A
:Raichu: Raichu

D- (Blacklist pretty much)
:Pichu: Pichu

https://pokepast.es/676f4798ec916854
i might make another post on EVs later ig

You know, knock off is overrated. I prefer to chuck a disk at mach 43 towards a-raichu instead. You dont even need to run adamant.

- 252 Atk TR43 Pikachu Fling (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu-Alola: 286-338 (109.5 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you chose to run adamant, even with a + Defense nature, a-raichu would still have to run defensive evs to live without dmax.

- 252+ Atk TR43 Pikachu Fling (130 BP) vs. 4 HP / 52+ Def Raichu-Alola: 262-310 (100 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Obviously not running light ball makes the pikachu v. pikachu matchups harder, but if you can bait the dmax beforehand you will likely OKHO any a-raichu, and max darkness can be used to negate SpDef buffs from quake, maybe doing something

Last edited:
You know, knock off is overrated. I prefer to chuck a disk at mach 43 towards a-raichu instead. You dont even need to run adamant.

- 252 Atk TR43 Pikachu Fling (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu-Alola: 286-338 (109.5 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you chose to run adamant, even with a + Defense nature, a-raichu would still have to run defensive evs to live without dmax.

- 252+ Atk TR43 Pikachu Fling (130 BP) vs. 4 HP / 52+ Def Raichu-Alola: 262-310 (100 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Obviously not running light ball makes the pikachu v. pikachu matchups harder, but if you can bait the dmax beforehand you will likely OKHO any a-raichu, and max darkness can be used to negate SpDef buffs from quake, maybe doing something
Knock Off isn't legal

Guys, build your teams in Battle Stadium Singles or VGC. The movesets are up to date and event / transfer moves such as Knock Off aren't shown

Fling defaults to 100 Base Power in Dynamax so that Set not only prevents you from having a proper held item, it is also worse than dig in dynamax (and only 1 time use so enemy can theoretically just sack their pichu)- which this format will come down to pretty much, the usage of dynamax / what you sack for your dynamax user - also negating spdef buffs might be completely useless because psyshock exists and im pretty sure the only viable offensive raichu (non a) set would be something with E-Speed because Raichu-A outclasses it completely as a special attacker

Knock Off isn't legal

Guys, build your teams in Battle Stadium Singles or VGC. The movesets are up to date and event / transfer moves such as Knock Off aren't shown
Yes I know this, I meant that knock off isn't necessary and you dont have to worry about the lack of dark type moves. I play on Showdown so I get thoroughly reminded when a move isn't legal

11-4 after Day 1, 1592 rating, 176 place
Lost once bc of crit, once bc of Speed Tie (twice in one game :tymp:) and once against 1648 (Ryuko, if you're reading this, gg)
299175414_5507501509338941_7358014191329996964_n.jpg

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been waiting for the results to come out for this but they’re weirdly still tallying…

FF3730A4-4EB1-4E62-9EC5-0F816600BBE5.png

My plan was to lead Raichu every game to either 1v1 lead Pichu or bait an early Dynamax while stalling their turns, and win with my own Dynamax Pikachu in the back. I also thought I might have been able to set up Psychic Terrain to avoid being revenge killed, the opportunity never came up but Endure + Salac was awesome. The Raichu EVs were max Atk + SpA because I thought it would be funny, in hindsight I probably should have ran enough speed for fast Pikachu which was more popular than I thought.

Pichu’s only job was to click Charm so that my Pikachu could safely go for Agility and win the game.

I think I went like 10-5 after losing the first 4 lol. I was just really rusty and was still figuring out my flowchart but then got into rhythm and at least broke 1600. The loss in the middle was to RNG. I was unfortunately too busy to play day 2/3 but I felt like I could have gone further!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)