Non-Pokébank OU Hyper offense speed team

Edit1: made some minor changes for some of the mons in the team

Hi guys, I'm a returning player and I've never been "competitive" with Pokemon games so building a team was kinda hard for me, so any help will be much appreciated! This is my team so far:

Tapu koko - Zap Plate
Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- U Turn

My special sweeper and ground settler, in order to be able to mess with other Tapus. Grass knot is there as my hidden power isnt Ice, so I needed something to deal with ground. U Turn and not Volt Switch because of Marowak and other lightning rod users. Was initially paired with Alolan Raichu but needed something else for better coverage.

Talonflame - Sharp Beak
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Initially Alolan Raichu was in his spot, but I think Talonflame brings better coverage and helps with the team being overall weak to ground. Basic all out atacker set, should be able to help my team deal with Pheromosa. This spot was the hardest for me to fill, my other option was Mega Alakazam but finally decided to bring something good for Pheromosa.

Kartana - Life Orb
Jolly
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

My main phisical sweeper. Focus sash is there to help me set up with swords dance without fear of being one hit koed. After that Kartana just starts snowballing thanks to her abillity and her speed. Not sure about smart strike vs night slash, but overall I think that smart strike gives me better coverage.
Edit: changed focus sash for life orb and swords dance for night slash, geting a lil better coverage and not having to rely on buffing with swords dance in order to efectively sweep

Garchomp - Choice Scarf
Rough Skin
Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My secondary phisical sweeper, able to take more hits than kartana and giving my team a good swap vs ground pokemons. Sword dance set with dragon claw, as I find outrage way too aggresive. Stone edge is there to help garchomp with flying types, and ofcourse earthquake is his main stab.
Edit1: changed life orb for choice scarf, giving garchomp enough speed to outspeed some fast mons. This chage also means no swords dance, wich I changed for fire fang for some grass coverage.

Alolan Marowak - Thick Club
Lightning Rod
Adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemarang
- Will-O-Wisp

This is the semi tank of the team. His role is to block rain teams, and overall any tapu koko team, while also being able to be offensive. Maybe a little redundant with garchomp being also in the team, so I'm not 100% sure about how much thas he contribute to the team.

Toxapex - Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Toxapex is the wall. As simple as that. His role is to block everything I need to be blocked, while also supporting the team with haze, and if need be, either burn or poison the enemy. My other option for this slot was mega sharpedo, but I think toxapex brings way more to the team with his bulkiness.

Last edited:
Edit1: made some minor changes for some of the mons in the team

Garchomp - Choice Scarf
Rough Skin
Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My secondary phisical sweeper, able to take more hits than kartana and giving my team a good swap vs ground pokemons. Sword dance set with dragon claw, as I find outrage way too aggresive. Stone edge is there to help garchomp with flying types, and ofcourse earthquake is his main stab.
Edit1: changed life orb for choice scarf, giving garchomp enough speed to outspeed some fast mons. This chage also means no swords dance, wich I changed for fire fang for some grass coverage.
Fire Fang is not available on Garchomp Pre-Pokebank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)