How To Properly Write A Pokemon Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

The idea of this article is how to write a Pokemon analysis (i.e. the ones that go on the smogon dex). I'll break down the process of a Pokemon analysis. For instance, I'll run down what QC and GP is, and I'll go through the overview, set, moves, etc. It's a very basic idea.

I've done a scan through the article index and I haven't seen an article that is exactly like this one, so there's that.

To prove I am qualified to write this article, I've written exactly 25 Pokemon analyses that are currently onsite on the smogon dex, and it actually is the main reason I'm badged. Some notable analyses are here, here, and here. I hope this is enough to prove myself.

And lastly, here's the opening paragraph:

If you've heard of Smogon, you've most likely heard of the Smogon Dex. If not, then the Smogon Dex is a collection of Pokemon analyses that go in-depth into the best sets and how to use them properly. One thing about the Smogon Dex is that anyone can contribute to it for any tier, and it's generally a community project. Each Smogon Dex page has an Overview, Set(s), Usage Tips, Team Options, Other Options, and Checks and Counters. This article will show you how to properly write a Pokemon analysis for the Smogon Dex, as well as going straight through the process of how it is checked and uploaded. The purpose of this article is to walk you through doing this process itself and acquaint you into doing it yourself. Without further ado, let's hop into it.

Alright then, I hope this is good enough to be approved :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the time we were mulling this over, frenzyplant made the same article pitch as you. If you were faced with the option of co-writing with him/her, would that be acceptable to you?

Oh come on, again?

Well, the one questionable thing about that is I've only seen frenzyplant grammar check and write one analysis, whereas I have much more experience with the sort of thing.

Another thing was that I was hoping to write this article myself initially because of the fact that if like to put everything in y own words.

My real preference would be to write this myself, but I can cowrite if I absolutely must (but pls, don't make me ;-;)

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright. Given your experience, I'd assume things are in your favor (looked over some of your threads and they seem good), but I'll tag Oglemi just in case, and any consultant with access here can post if they have a solid objection. Otherwise, with you making the pitch first, you get to call the shots imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)